which test works best/doesn't crush hope

selma

Reaction score
Hi there- I recently tested (way too early, but well, not a very patient person here) with one of the digital tests, and the 'NOT PREGNANT' sign is so DEFINITIVE when really is it ? Does anyone have a preference of test type ? Are the blue line ones just as accurate ? I guess growing up surrounded by technology I'm partial to anything digital because it seems more accurate, but then again, I wouldn't mind a little faint lined ambiguity right around now...

Hi there- I recently tested (way too early, but well, not a very patient person here) with one of the digital tests, and the 'NOT PREGNANT' sign is so DEFINITIVE when really is it ? Does anyone have a preference of test type ? Are the blue line ones just as accurate ? I guess growing up surrounded by technology I'm partial to anything digital because it seems more accurate, but then again, I wouldn't mind a little faint lined ambiguity right around now...

ive known people to get accurate BFP from cheapy 99p shop tests...
totally agree NOT PREGNANT on a test is a slap in the face!
x

I think FRER are absolutely the best. The cheapies sometimes give evaps that people agonize over, and some of the cheaper dollar ones do the same, or aren't as sensitive as a FRER. Give me a FRER any day!

The blue line tests are known to be less accurate and I got a false positive on a sainsbury's own test (blue dye) a while back :( which was utterly devastating.

As above said, FRER are reliable and dont just break your heart immediately, but they're expensive. I have realised after almost a year ttc that I couldnt afford all the tests lol so I went for internet cheapies on ebay.Which are apparently the same ones the nhs recommend. They cost me like £7 for 100 (I got a mix of hpts and opks) and if I get a positive on those ill go out and buy an FRER and maybr a digital to confirm lol

So, totally unrelated, but here's a question:

I just got back from a 2 week trip at +6hours time zone difference. Last month, I was a week early 9 (boo), so I based our trying times (no pun intended) around that new cycle timeline (meaning we started from the first day of that cycle +10 days, +12, +14, +15, +17, +18 and +19 for good measure) out of a typically 31 day cycle.

All that to ask, will the time zone shirt throw off my calculations for when I can test, since I was basically +1 day for two weeks, and now I'm back in my regular time zone ? I know it's minutia, but...well...I've got an 8 hour work day that I've got to fill somehow, and stressing about whether or not I'm pregnant seems like a good option (not!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->