white leather sofas

foxyroxie

Reaction score
:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: wish i had never bought the bloody things!!how do u keep them white and get them back white they look so dull and dirty i hate it!! :cry:

It's not that they are dirty Hon ... it's just that the colour fades ... and the more you try and clean them the more they will fade :hugs:

Try a leather restorer like these instead :) https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Colourant_Kit.htm

Mine are cream and they are starting to look yellow so may have to try some of that.

I have a cream leather sofa that started to look dull no matter what i did it still looked dull.

One night my MIL babysat for us and while my son was in bed she cleaned it for us. we were only gone a couple of hours and when we got back it looked brand new!!! I asked her what she'd used and she said the cillit bang with the yellow cap mixed with water. so we went and bought some it actually says its for floors etc but its like magic stuff lol I'm going to do my sofa with it again tomorrow.

I did my mums with it too and hers had been in storage for 2 years and it still brought it up like new!

i use a small amount of fabric softner in warm water to get my cream sofa's clean

baby wipes are great for getting hidden grime off leather sofas! :)

I had a cream leather sofa that I used for the dogs and it was horrendous to keep clean (I still have the cream footstool actually). I used to wipe it down wit disinfectant which did the trick. I think you can buy saddle soap or something similar from supermarkets to keep the leather clean and supple :thumbup:

I much prefer fabric sofas now!

I 'feed' mine occasionally with special leather food that I bought to keep them supple (it's less work than saddle soap) - the ones at work I do twice a year with pure beeswax and a small paintbrush to get into all the button pockets - but they are the old fashioned chesterfield style so they can take the 'shine' factor iykwim.

With the amount of pets that I have fabric sofas just aren't an option for me sadly - the shed fur is just too much :nope:

I am so glad ours are brown leather! Hope you manage to get ti sorted. We used to have cream fabric sofas but we could remove the covers and watch them which was a godsend! xx

I'd clean it then chuck a throw on it.

V xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"