Who are you going to tell?

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Are you going to tell anyone your ttc?
And once your pregnant are you going to tell anyone?
How long are you going to wait?
I thought I would tell my mum about ttc but now I'm wondering if I should let it be a surprise if / when it does happen

I am not going to tell anybody we are TTC purely because I don't want any questions. Ideally i'd like to hold off until first scan before telling anybody, including my parents, but that is probably a little unrealistic but we shall see.

I would probably tell my mom first and other family members later in the pregnancy.

We didn't want anyone to know we were going to be ttc as we want it to be a huge surprise to everyone and don't want people going sooo are you pregnant yet? However I ended up spilling the beans to my coworker that I'm close with. I'm actually going to have to tell my work pretty early on unfortunately, because I'm an x-ray tech and I'll need to get a monitor asap to make sure the baby's not getting any radiation. So sadly they might know before anyone else haha. I know this is total wishful thinking, but it would be amazing if we got pregnant the 1st cycle as I would be about 6 week on my mom's birthday and would tell her with some sort of present. Then I would wait until after the first scan to tell anyone else.

I won't tell anyone we're TTC, it feels too much like saying, "We're having sex lots!" to people! lol

The people we'll tell straight away are those who were supportive when we lost our first pregnancy. But those who were more trouble than help or said hurtful things at that time didn't get to know about our second until after the 12 week scan, and the same this time. My parents and sister, my best friends, my side of the family can know early. DH's side, except his mother and possibly grandparents if we can get them to swear secrecy, won't know until after 12 weeks.

A co-worker I'm close with knows, as do a couple close friends (we're all kind of in the same boat, so it's nice to have someone to talk to about it).

I too am going to have to tell work early on when we do get pregnant because I do a lot of heavy lifting. I'll have to readjust my schedule so I'm doing different tasks.

As for pregnancy, we were gonna wait until we were 12 weeks to tell everyone (parents included), but somehow I doubt I'll be able to keep that secret. I can see us waiting until after the first doctor's appointment, but I'll be surprised if we can hold out beyond that point.

I've already told too many people at work. I know I shouldn't have done. Dh wouldn't be impressed if he found out. I just struggle to keep things to myself. Not telling family we're going to be trying though. Probably aim to wait as long as I can to tell them as I don't know how they'll react.

Not telling anyone when we ttc, or until 3 mnths, I think my parents should be the first to know but they can't keep a secret. I might tell work If I need to or maybe a friend but only if I'm busting, you lit will probably be the first to know!!

We were TTC before. But didn't tell anyone at all.
(We've given TTC a break, as our relationship was rocky given the TTC stress and never being able to get pg)
So now I'm glad no one knows that we were TTC, because I wanted to keep "our business" to myself and my OH. Until I'm ready to let people know that we were TTC but it never happened.

But saying that, if when I TTC if I feel confident and comfortable to speak about it, now I'd feel more open.
If not there's always BnB

Well... our group of friends and family already know I want a baby so badly, but we tell them "soon". I am also the person who can't keep exciting news bottled up too long, so I would probably tell my immediate friends and family although I think I want to wait until after the first trimester for any problems...

My close friend that I tell everything will know when we are ttc.
I will wait til 12 weeks, like I did with my daughter before telling anyone.

Isn't there a certain of number of weeks that women wait to tell in case they have a miscarriage?

I'm not, I'd like the excitement of telling them we are expecting without them guessing :) i'd like to wait until the 12 week scan before telling anyone at all.

My mom and sister know I'll be TTC. Everyone else can wait until I can't hide it anymore. Hopefully between 12-16 weeks.

Right now, no one. But as our date fast approaches, I want to tell anyone and everyone, especially my close friends.

I'm only going to tell online friends when we TTC. It took 2 years to conceive our son and I found it so stressful having everyone know that we were trying.

As for pregnancy I'm hoping to keep quiet (except on here) for 20 weeks at least. My waters broke at 14 weeks with my son and I really want to get to 20 weeks before I tell everyone else.

We wouldn't tell anyone we are trying, we wont be telling anyone until 12 weeks except possibly my employer as i might be working in a high risk job at this time.
Want to tell family in a kinda cute way, and close friends will get face to face news .. friends i don't see regularly will hear through facebook I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->