Who do you see if you get sick?

redneckhippy

Reaction score
So I have had a nagging cough for several weeks now. I think maybe I should getit checked out, but I'm not sure who I should go see? Do I go to my normal doctor even though I'm pregnant or do I go to my midwife, even though it's not pregnancy related?

Maybe just call your midwife and ask if they can do anything or if you need to see your normal doctor. I know I asked my OB about some congestion I had and all he said was what otc medications I could try and that if those didn't help to see my GP. Of course, if it was something that might possibly affect the pregnancy your midwife might be able to do something(my OB did prescribe antibiotics when I had a nasty respiratory infection)

WSS^^^ I would check it out with your midwife first just to let her know. If she wants to send you to your regular dr, then let her tell you. I know my dr said to call her first if I got sick just to check in.

I'm not sure where in the world you are, but I am in the UK and any general problems, I would see my GP. Midwife is only for pregnancy related stuff.

See the gp but it's worth checking the midwife's opinion too, I literally run everything by her via text, each consultant appointment, every test, trip to the gp etc etc as there is such a large gap between our appointments.
She has been able to recommend and suggest treatment and write it up on the computer before I saw the doctor for the second time about heartburn because he wouldn't prescribe me anything at first.
Xx

I'd check in with the midwife first because she knows what's safe during pregnancy, but expect that she might tell me to see a regular doctor. If the regular doctor recommended any meds or prescribed something, I'd check with the midwife and pharmacist before taking it, too.

Thanks ladies. I see my MW next week, so maybe I will run it by here then and make an apt with my GP if can't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->