Who else is in the Salt Lake area?

Menelly

Reaction score
We've found a few of us through posts, and were thinking about a get together. Anyone else around here? :)

I am = 0 )

A little about me...

-24, I'll be 25 on March 20th

- I have three children, Ages 7, 5 & 3

-Pregnant with #4, due 7/13 but will be having a scheduled c-section

-My husband and I have been married since May (my first three are not his) but obviously #4 is his.. LOL! & will be Dh's #1 biological child :D

-I plan to EBF for at least six months, I want to make it to a year, my long term goal is two years.

-Recently moved here from Minnesota, and from outside of my in-laws, I don't know anyone else which can get incredibly lonely sometimes so I'd really love to just meet other women in the area.

Here's a bit about me:

I'm 32, married, one son who's 13 (from an ex husband) and this is my DH's first. :) He's super excited! I'm from here originally, but since I'm not LDS I don't have a heck of a lot of friends in the area.

I've got a scheduled c-sec too, but I'm praying they'll let me VBAC. We'll see what happens! Two ultrasound techs have assured me she's a girl, so I've got little Kesslie Anna on the way. :)

I'm praying I can EBF. I'm on a med now that isn't compatible with BFing, and I have an appointment with my psych on Jan 21st to see what we can swap me to. BFing is too important to me!

I'm former Navy, so I've lived in Chicago, San Diego, Jacksonville, FL, and spent some time in Oklahoma City, although that had nothing to do with the Navy. LOL. I also went to high school in the bay area in Cali. But I was born here. :)

I currently am planning on being a SAHM. I'm a disabled vet and get a check from the VA each month that fortunately allows that to be a possibility for us. I'm really looking forward to Kesslie being here, cause it's kind of boring and lonely until she is!

Menelly -

I am ex LDS :) LOL! But anyways, my DH & kids attend a Lutheran church, which we REALLY, REALLY enjoy. I was born & baptized Lutheran. Because I'm not LDS either, I don't have any friends either. I don't know if that really has anything to do with it - but I know if I was LDS & attending a ward, I probably would know a ton of women by now. I don't smoke, I drink once in awhile (obviously not while I'm pregnant) but wine with dinner, or a beer with wings, etc... And yes, you CAN have a glass of wine or a beer while breastfeeding too. Just as long as it's not more than one a day...which is not the case for me. I'm more like, once or twice a month, and that's one glass or one beer at a time.

...At communion, we have wine :) We dip our bread wafer in a cup of wine (rather than everyone drinking from one glass...) but it's SO minimal I know it doesn't do any harm to the baby. It's literally dipping a tiny edge of a hard piece of bread into wine. No biggie. One thing I love about my church is that it's open communion, so anyone who professes a faith in Christ can take it.

I currently am a SAHM...which makes things really lonely sometimes. Especially since we only have one vehicle at this point.

As far as breastfeeding goes, I'm a HUGE "you need to TRY breastfeeding if you want what is best for your baby!" type gal, except in lack of support and/or medical exceptions, which, a prescription IS a medical exception. This is my opinion, but I don't buy the "well, I just want to party" or any other lame excuse to not even try to breastfeed. Some people hate me for it, but whatever. I am a really dear person and I only have that strong opinion because I do care. However, in your case, with a medical exception - I completely understand.

If you want to TRY to breastfeed, I definitely think you should talk to him/her about it. Just stress your desire to nurse. If there are no medications that is safe while breastfeeding, maybe (this is just a suggestion) you could stop taking the medication one month before baby is born, and just take it day by day? See how it goes. If you are feeling okay...just prolong the use of the medication until you are done nursing. If you can, that is. Of course, your overall health is overall more beneficial than breast milk, your babies (well, can you even call your 13 year old that anymore? haha!) need a healthy mama...that is definitely most important!! :)

Your baby will be just a tad over three months when my baby is born. I'm not sure if you feel comfortable with this, and I can't promise this can be an option - who knows how EBF will go for me too... but I'll toss it out there anyways. If for some reason you are not able to breastfeed and have to put baby on formula, if I am making excess milk I'd be more than happy to donate to you. I'm a non-smoker, and I barley drink. I'm not on any medications (so far, I've taken some Zofran but I won't be taking that after baby is born, and hopefully my morning sickness will stop soon! and I do take Tylenol once in awhile but that's perfectly safe) . But my milk would be perfectly safe. I can't promise one oz at the moment, but I have already planned to get a small deep freezer someplace and start a stash the moment I get engorged LOL.

That's just an idea for you. If it's something you'd never go for, that's your personal business. If I have extra I plan on donating it to whoever wants it.

Kesslie is an adorable name. I've never heard of it before! I am praying for a girl too... since I have one girl and two boys. If it's a girl we like Charlotte, if it's a boy, we like Liam.

I'm trying to send you my number if you want to swap to texts. But the darn thing won't PM you! I'm starting to wonder if the site is down.

do you have facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676250267

Thats the link to mine if you do, you can friend request me LOL

Just sent. :) (I'm the one with a highly unusual name. :) )

ETA: This site needs a real chat feature...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->