Who else is on Zofran or other nausea medication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Momma13

Reaction score
Ive been on 4mg of Zofran for 2 weeks now, after losing 17 lbs from vomiting sooo much and having such horrible nausea over 3 weeks. I gotta tell ya, the first 3 days were great, but now it merely helps me vomit less and i still feel at least slightly nauseous 24-7. What are you other ladies on and hows it working for you?!

your body is building up a tolerance to it
i would suggest taking 1 and a half and see how that goes

I take cyclizine (sp) up to three times a day. Stopped the vomiting and most of the 34hr feeling of wanting to be sick

Also on cyclizine lost 11 lb in 2 weeks I'm managing on 2 a day seems to have helped loads at the minute I've found the best thing to do in a morning is set my alarm for 6 take tablet go back to sleep for an hour or so while it kicks in.

Morning sickness sucks :(

Emma

I would only take your Zofran exactly as prescribed, not any more than that. And three days is not long enough to build up any kind of tolerance for it so please don't worry about that.

I would also ask if you can take the b6/doxylamine succinate (unisom) combo in conjunction with the Zofran. If I take the b6/ds at night it really helps me get through the entire following day and I only need to take the Zofran for really bad break through patches.

Keep in mind that hormones continue to rise up through about week 10. I hate to say it but it may continue to get worse for you through that point until your production starts to level off.

Call your Dr and tell them its nit working. They will probably increase your dose to 8mg.

actually my mom is a doctor who works in the ER and prescribes zofran to people almost on the daily
it is very possible for your body to build up a tolerance to that specific anti-nausea medication within 3 days
and will not cause harm to you or your baby to up the dosage by 1/2
it is a very mild medication

actually my mom is a doctor who works in the ER and prescribes zofran to people almost on the daily
it is very possible for your body to build up a tolerance to that specific anti-nausea medication within 3 days
and will not cause harm to you or your baby to up the dosage by 1/2
it is a very mild medication

You are not a doctor. You are certainly not OP's doctor. And you have no right to advise anyone alter their prescribed dose of any medication.

(And no, based on the mechanism of the medication it's impossible to build up a tolerance to Zofran within 72 hours).

You poor thing straight back to the doctor, at 3days it should be working or have relief. I'm a pharmacist. Bring your medication to the doctor explain your problem and fingers crossed they can help you. In Ireland that's the only medication you can take for nausea.

And also this is what I dislike about this site a girl asked a question a girl gave an answer It might not of being the correct one but theirs no need to be snippy about it. That's not supportive to the OP.
Being pregnant is rush of emotions support don't cripple. She was only trying to help.

I am on 8mg melt version of this plus 15mg of Stemitil; still sick most days but they've really helped.

I would stick with them (and as pp has said, just what you've been prescribed) for a couple more days and if no better go back to your Drs. They may suggest upping the dose or trying something else or like me, a combination of two things.

Good luck xxx

And also this is what I dislike about this site a girl asked a question a girl gave an answer It might not of being the correct one but theirs no need to be snippy about it. That's not supportive to the OP.
Being pregnant is rush of emotions support don't cripple. She was only trying to help.

Suggesting someone take more than their prescribed dose of medication is not helpful at best, and quite dangerous at worst.

I don't think I was rude in pointing out how inappropriate it was regardless of the circumstances, but particularly during pregnancy.

You poor love... I really do feel for you. I am on cyclizine and was in my first pg. I find that if I stop taking it I realise how much itsis helping. I really hope you feel better soon xxx

As said she was wrong. Ok fair enough. But don't be mean. Just say look don't take more than the required dose as you don't know the result on baby, I feel she was trying to help as when I was pregnant I had bad nausea and I would of done anything to stop nausea. I didn't double my meds as I work in pharmacy and could ask a doctor.

And also your prescribing don't ever prescribe, ever.

Your aggressive.

As said she was wrong. Ok fair enough. But don't be mean. Just say look don't take more than the required dose as you don't know the result on baby, I feel she was trying to help as when I was pregnant I had bad nausea and I would of done anything to stop nausea. I didn't double my meds as I work in pharmacy and could ask a doctor.

And also your prescribing don't ever prescribe, ever.

Your aggressive.

Erm.......I don't see how I was mean or how I deserve to be labeled aggressive :shrug:

Just stated the obvious, that it was inappropriate and dangerous advice - because it was. But thanks for sharing your opinion on me as a person I guess?

Sigh, sorry OP.
She only tried to help :( poor girl, wrong in advice. I would of just said be careful when pregnant not to self prescribe or medicate. That's all. Wrong advice but could of been better directed in the right direction with less harsh.
Pregnancy is such a hard time it really is. Support don't be harsh.

zofran is not harmful to your or the fetus during pregnancy
the recommended dosage is up to 24mgs a day
true you should contact your doctor first because we dont know the details of your medical conditions/history

however taking 6mgs instead of four is more than likely not going to cause any negative effects
seeing has how 8mg tablets are prescribed to pregnant women as well

i never said i was a doctor did i?

and yes you are being aggressive and its unnecessary
you are an adult correct? therefore you should be more than capable of getting your point across in a respectful and courteous manner.

also she said she has been on it for two weeks now and that is definitely enough time to build up a resistant/tolerance to ondansetron

and yes you are being aggressive and its unnecessary
you are an adult correct? therefore you should be more than capable of getting your point across in a respectful and courteous manner.

also she said she has been on it for two weeks now and that is definitely enough time to build up a resistant/tolerance to ondansetron

This is all I want, just be nice and kind the first trimester is HORRIFIC. I had an SCH and felt like every day I was losing my little guy. Support don't cause upset you and the ladies have been through way to much stress to get to this stage. I see your signature messica with ttc, that's so hard and difficult went through it myself just Support one another. That's all I say. I understand just be gentler in your approach.

Bridget and Messica, various threads have come to our attention where you two continue to argue. If you dont get along that is fine but I suggest that you use the ignore function (user control panel, then settings and options) as it is unfair on the OP's and other forum members.

Bridget and Messica, various threads have come to our attention where you two continue to argue. If you dont get along that is fine but I suggest that you use the ignore function (user control panel, then settings and options) as it is unfair on the OP's and other forum members.

They don't agree???
Sort it out then? This site needs a serious shake up their entitled to their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"