Who else started baby registry or looking??

KrissyKris22

Reaction score
Hey ladies. So ill be 12 weeks this Sunday, and I already started putting my baby registry together lol. I know its super early but this is my second pregnancy so I know what to expect. I have so much that needs to be done btwn now and the baby shower I figured might as well get a head start. Since I don't know what im having ive been putting boy and girl things on there until I find out the gender lol. Has anyone else started their registry or at least started looking?? lol

This would be my 2nd baby as well and I started looking at prices and specials on things we need. Don't know if I will have a babyshower this time though.

I've actually bought about 90% of the stuff I need. Did that during my long TTC period:haha:. when I had time on my hands and did a lot of research. Bought unisex items. The remaining 10% is if this baby ends up being a girl and would definitely need to go a shopping spree for girly stuff (too many cute items!). Also would need to get my breast pump through insurance.

A registry is great but I realized that the stuff I like may not be what people are willing to pay for. and I also wanted to get them at my own pace. It really depends on what you want to do.

This would be my 2nd baby as well and I started looking at prices and specials on things we need. Don't know if I will have a babyshower this time though.

I wasn't sure if I was gonna have a baby shower for this one but my ds is about to be six so im starting from scratch lol.

I've actually bought about 90% of the stuff I need. Did that during my long TTC period:haha:. when I had time on my hands and did a lot of research. Bought unisex items. The remaining 10% is if this baby ends up being a girl and would definitely need to go a shopping spree for girly stuff (too many cute items!). Also would need to get my breast pump through insurance.

A registry is great but I realized that the stuff I like may not be what people are willing to pay for. and I also wanted to get them at my own pace. It really depends on what you want to do.

Yea I hear you hahahha. Ive been wanting to buy stuff for the longest but since I don't know the sex im cautious lol. Once I find out the gender im going to start buying stuff though lol. I don't really expect people to get everything off the registry I just wanna give them an idea lol.

I went out today with my sister (who is pregnant with #2). I desperately needed her help in registering since I had NO idea what I needed. And since we don't know what we're having yet, it's hard to not scan those cute boy/girl specific things! I will be going out in a couple days to continue the registry at a second store by myself, now that I know what to look for :) Never too early to get the essentials!

It's also a good idea to do a registry on sites that give you a completion discount. I did one on Amazon that was just for me so I could get the discount. (I did registrys ay babysrus and target for my shower) Anyway, I put all the big items that I wanted to buy myself on the amazon registry and I put my due date a couple months early so I could buy everything b/4 baby came. Just a thought.

I have only started a private wish list on Amazon. I am still less than 5 weeks, but I'm supposed to be taking it easy and I get bored, and the internet is right there. . . with all of the cute baby things. . .
:D

I went out today with my sister (who is pregnant with #2). I desperately needed her help in registering since I had NO idea what I needed. And since we don't know what we're having yet, it's hard to not scan those cute boy/girl specific things! I will be going out in a couple days to continue the registry at a second store by myself, now that I know what to look for :) Never too early to get the essentials!

Yea I don't blame u. Its so much stressful and harder to do the registry the first time around lol. Now I feel like such a pro at it lol

It's also a good idea to do a registry on sites that give you a completion discount. I did one on Amazon that was just for me so I could get the discount. (I did registrys ay babysrus and target for my shower) Anyway, I put all the big items that I wanted to buy myself on the amazon registry and I put my due date a couple months early so I could buy everything b/4 baby came. Just a thought.

This is a great idea thanx :)

I have only started a private wish list on Amazon. I am still less than 5 weeks, but I'm supposed to be taking it easy and I get bored, and the internet is right there. . . with all of the cute baby things. . .
:D

Ya I had a private wish list at WalMart at first but then I jus started making the registry lol.

I've never heard of having a registry for baby stuff - is this an American thing? I know some people have baby showers now over here (UK) but have never known anyone who has had a registry!

I've never heard of having a registry for baby stuff - is this an American thing? I know some people have baby showers now over here (UK) but have never known anyone who has had a registry!

Lol idk if its just an American thing. Some people just do it to give ppl an idea of what they like, looking for, and or what they want for their baby at the shower.

Maybe it is an American thing. I never really thought about it!

From what I can tell, baby showers are a big deal here. The first thing my Bostonian MIL said was "No Sah! I can't wait to throw the showah!" LOL

I have begun a registry at babies r us. But it's not public yet as far as I know. They have a really handy checklist. As you add things to the registry it checks them off of the list. I'm not sure if BRU is where I'll be registered "formally". However, as a 1st time mom it's really helpful to have a list to refer to for the things I'll need. Even though I'm not really one for weddings, showers, and "omg what colors did you pick for the nursery?"- I have to admit that shopping around, picking things out, and making a registry for the baby- has been a guilty pleasure!! Don't tell anyone! It'll ruin my cred. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->