Who goes where and what about toys?!

OnErth&InHvn

Mom to 4
Reaction score
Back story: 3 bedroom ranch with a full basement. DH, I and 2 girls.

Mother in law is going to live with us starting next week.

NO ONE CAN SHARE A ROOM

‐--‐----
Should she go in the basement and everyone keep their rooms?
Should one of the girls give her their room and they go to the basement?
What would I do with the toys because right now we have a play area in the basement?

Kids are 11 and 12. Their rooms are about 10x10 and basement is full, finished long and narrow but no dedicated bedroom, it would just be an area of the whole.

There are pros and cons to all.
MiL in basement, she gets whole space to herself but we move toys upstairs.
MIL upstairs near 7 pets, 1 kid, us, everyday life, she gets a room to herself and child gets whole basement with toys.

Is there a reason why they can’t share a room?

Is the basement much bigger than the bedrooms? If so another option is you could get curtain dividers and put both kids in the basement and move all the toys into a room and mil has a room too.

I'd say basement and moe the toys up. My boys have no playroom and their toys are in their room but with good (Ikea) storage. But as for the basement, I would maybe see if you could make a room for MIL in the basement with partition/plaster boards so she could have her own space? I think if it were my mother, she would prefer to have her own space where she could be away from the rest of the family and pets if she needed to be. Unless the stairs down are an issue?

I agree basement for MIL and then you will all have your own space ! I wouldn’t move the kids unless it was a must if they are settled in their own rooms.

Sort and get rid of some toys they don’t play with or even keep a few of their favourites and box the rest up for now.

Hope you figure it out ! Xx

I’d probably put MIL in the basement or move you and DH to the basement and curtain off a sleeping area leaving the toys in the other area. If it’s possible to partition the basement it
Might also be an option to make two rooms and move both kids down there with the toys and have a room for MIL upstairs and a new spare room too.

Shes going in the basement with a divider. Toys are staying down but sectioned off.

Glad you’ve managed to sort it out ! Sure it will all work out perfect in the end !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->