Who has used postpartum corsets/ compression belts?

Ckelley

Reaction score
I am looking into them but I would like to know if anyone has actually used them and what you thought.

After having my daughter I felt that things would go back naturally and to give it time.... well that did not work for me. Years later I had people asking me when I was due because I still had the wonderful PP belly.:blush:

I am looking into the bellfit double closure corset. I have a very long torso, and I don't know if a standard "band" type would fully contain me. I am also a "fuller" figure since my last pregnancy. 5'8" and 189 lb.:shrug:

Thanks!

Stalking! Have been interested to hear real life stories on this. I read Jessica Alba actually wore two at a time! The use of one makes sense?

I did and I don't regret it! Genetics may play a role but I bounced back completely and had a flat stomach like I did prior to having my son. I won't lie...it wasn't great fun. I wore it 24/7 for a couple months but it worked very well for me. I bought one from a pregnancy store that wasn't too $$ so I don't think you have to go out and spend $100 for it to work.

Stalking this too... Although I have already taken the plunge and order my Bellefit so now I really want to hear some good stories because man those things are an investment! Their website has really easy measuring btw to help you work out which size will be right for you.
Fingers crossed it helps! Right now I don't think things can get worse though haha!

I wore one after both pregnancies and am currently wearing one. I actually only wore it after my first pregnancy because of my C section and my nurse insisted that it would help and it did. I also believe that genetics do play a role, but it helped me get back to a flat tummy.

I gained 51 lbs during my 2nd pregnancy :blush:, but I was completely all belly. I'm 5'5 and normally weight 125 - 128 lbs always. I gave birth on January 30th and as of today, I have lost 36 lbs. Not sure if it's all from the belly binder/corset I'm wearing, but I'd like to think that it's helping. I went to church for the first time last Sunday and EVERYONE commented on how I didn't even look like I just had a baby. I have a little bit of a tummy left and some swelling in my legs still, so I'm hoping within 3 more weeks, I will be back to my normal weight, if not lighter and with a flat tummy. :thumbup:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'd be happy to answer any. :flower: Good luck to all during your pregnancies!!

Oh I'm totally getting one (or two). I've read some good stories about them, but I think you sometimes have to buy two - one for right in the beginning, and then the second one which is a smaller size for the later months.

Did anyone else buy two sizes?

I woke up with one after my emergency c-section but I didn't follow through with it for longer than two weeks. I really regret that :cry: There's this little 'paunch' that's never shifted and I'm sure the belly band could have helped there. But you have a bath and forget it once and then it's too hot and you leave it again and before you know it just gets left... :blush: Biiiig my bad, if I get one now I am going for discipline!

Defo something to get imho :thumbup:

I am going to order 2. Bellfit has a ordering special when you get two and you can get different sizes and models.

My friend wants me to do this herbal wrap from "It Works" and I might, but I honestly think the structured band/ corset is better for me.

Like some others have mentioned I want to wear 24/7, or at least when I'm awake. I need to develop the habit and stick with it. My biggest concern is a June baby and having something so tight that I'm going to be sweating all the time.

My bellefits arrived today ladies and man , they look like sturdy scary bits of kit haha! What is interesting that you couldn't really see on the pics is that they do have about an inch or so between the two sets of closures so you might not need 2 sizes. They deliver super quick so I might be tempted to get one of one size and then see how you go? That said if you're going to wear it every day over summer.... And your laundry gets as out of control as mine, you'll need more than one! :)

I got the belly bandit in all 3 sizes in the end.

Not comfortable to wear, and visible under clothes, but definitely think it helped.

I gained 26kg with my first, lost it all in 4 months (lots of dieting too) and my tummy was perfectly flat afterwards.

I'm just getting then ready for this time. It may just be genetics but I'm taking no chances!

They really helped support my abs to, moving around was much easier wearing the band.

I had a question about the corsets/bands/etc. I know there is a flap that covers our lady bits, but wouldn't that be too much pressure on that area very soon after having a baby? I'm just trying to think how it would work without hurting....

I had a question about the corsets/bands/etc. I know there is a flap that covers our lady bits, but wouldn't that be too much pressure on that area very soon after having a baby? I'm just trying to think how it would work without hurting....

Not all of them have the flap that goes under you like underwear. Some are more of a wrap around panel like these:
https://www.amazon.com/Belly Bandit/b/ref=brands_hsb_red?_encoding=UTF8&node=2583145011

I don't plan on closing mine for the first little bit, or maybe getting a a different type to use.

have'nt used mine yet as this is my 1st baby but they are pretty much required here in japan to bring to the hospital. since so many women use them here they are readily available and inexpensive. i only spent $30 on mine and cant wait to use it :). i would recommend it. its like waist training with a corset, it just helps to settle things back in place.

After giving birth to my nearly 10 lb daughter my stomach muscles were SO stretched out that i felt like my insides were falling out. They gave me a velcro corset thing that they normally only give c-section moms that sucked me all in and it was AMAZING (and free, I think). I wore it for at least a month after giving birth and that, along with breast feeding, made my stomach flatter than it was before getting pregnant. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

After giving birth to my nearly 10 lb daughter my stomach muscles were SO stretched out that i felt like my insides were falling out. They gave me a velcro corset thing that they normally only give c-section moms that sucked me all in and it was AMAZING (and free, I think). I wore it for at least a month after giving birth and that, along with breast feeding, made my stomach flatter than it was before getting pregnant. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

I hope I get similar results!!

Oooo exciting!!! I put the belly bandit on my registry but now I'm wondering if I should have done the bellefit!?? Which one ladies????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->