Who is having a home birth or considering one?

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
I am planning on having a home birth, and one of my midwife's suggested the book Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I have only read about 1/4 of it, and I can not wait to have my home birth. All the birth storys make me feel sooo confident in my body's ability to bring this baby into the world. I really recommend it.

ooh thanks for the recommendation, will look out for the book.I am hoping to have a home birth and haven't got organised at all, and am due in 6 weeks so better pull my socks up.

Good luck,hopeyou get the home birth

I wanted one but got advised against it, but if all goes well this time then I'm going to have a home birth next time

I really wanted one also. Im a home birth baby. Good luck to you both!! :D

:hi: i had my second baby at home, not planned but i coped! i found it much more relaxing to be at home and if i ever had another baby i would definately do it again! highly recommend it! good luck to you xx

I'm too nervous with this one to have it at home, but I'm definitely going to have my next one at home, or at the very least a birthing center

Oooo I'm planning to get that book soon. I have a few on the way-

Childbirth Wisdom from the Oldest Societies
A Midwife's Story

I can't wait to do my pregnancy reading.

I really really really want a home birth. I'm consdering an unassisted home birth if I cannot find a doula/midwife in price range. I don't think SO would like it though.

Im thinking about one, as i already have 3 boys and it just makes life easier... however im still undecided..

It would be fantastic to have a home birth but unfortunately I have no choice and have to have it in the hospital, I can't even have baby in the midwife led centre in my town which is a home from home kinda place.

I say go girls for those birthing at home. xx

Supernurse, that sucks. Why does anyone have the right to say where and how you have to have your baby?

Unfortunately I have an overactive thyroid so it is best for me to be in the big hospital where there is the help should my baby need it when it is born.

Wow! My hats off to everyone planning a home birth. I'm too much of a pansy to attempt that. :blush:

My friend who is due in April is also planning a home birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->