Who is TTC #1?

Schmelly

Regaining my life...
Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I was just wondering how many of us are trying to conceive our 1st child?

(Anyone ttc#2 or more, please don't be offended. I'm sure your desire to conceive is just as strong as ours, and your ttc journey is just as painful. I'm not saying ttc#1 is harder, just different.)

I just wanted to see how any of us find it unbearable that we have never felt the warmth of our own baby in our arms, and have never had a maternal bond with a child of our own. I just can't imagine it ever becoming a reality and I am starting to think I am not a 'proper woman'.

:hug:

Oh chick don't feel like that!

We are TTC number 2 - how long have you been trying? I'm on month 7. I went into the whole TTC thinking 'oh it'll take a year'... then after 3 months you start thinking 'what's wrong with me'.......................... now i've started to think DH might be to blame!:rofl::rofl:

A friend of mine had dreadful problems TTC - 4 years after she was on fertility treatment and had a gorgeous girl. I kinda admire her as she never lost sight of how lucky she was and even when it took 18 months TTC #2 she kept saying how lucky she was to her her first one.

Patience is a virtue.... i just don't feel very virtuous!!!:hug:

Hi Schmelly,

Im TTCing for #1 after MC in april. So not been on the TTC road for very long. I can probably imagine how frustrating it is when that :witch: arrives. My :witch: is due to arrive tomorrow and I know she will be here as feeling crampy etc. I didn't think I'd be this upset :cry: about :witch: turning up. As feels like another reminder that Im not preg and of the little angel I have lost.

Please try to be positive !! :dust:

How long have you been trying??

Kerry xxx

Hi
I've been ttc #1 since Jan 07, with 1 early m/c in Jan 08.
I just keep believing it will happen, or I might have to go and steal my niece (although she's hitting the terrible 2's stage at 18months, so my sister would probably give her away at the mo!!!!:rofl:)

Good luck and babydust

Well i have conceived before, and lost my son almost full term, so in figure of speech i am TTC# 1 & 1/2:cry:

Good luck everyone in getting those :bfp:'s!!

We will get them. Stay positive!!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

We all deserve to be mums and we will be !!!

Hey chick :hugs: me! me! me!

Trying for number #1 and like you begining to feel rather inept and like its becoming a distant dream, rather than a imminant possibility.

Farie how long have you been TTC now?

Anyone having tests or anything to help them?x

Farie how long have you been TTC now?

Anyone having tests or anything to help them?x

Been TTC 8 months (7 proper cycles) ... but feels like longer! I think I'm just have a really bad month this month, I cannot get positive at all! Just fed up with different length cycles, weird spotting and OPKs always showing neg.

Need a kick up the bum!

Hi Faire

Sorry its all getting you down. I think I would be too. Sending you BIG :hug: and lots of :dust:

Been TTC 8 months ... but feels like longer! I think I'm just have a really bad month this month, I cannot get positive at all! Just fed up with different length cycles, weird spotting and OPKs always showing neg.

Need a kick up the bum!

oh hun bun not good.... he comes the kick up the bum you wanted :ninja: (sorry couldn't find a kick up the bum so you have to have ninja!).

Are you having any tests with the doc re no ovulation?

Hey All

I'm TTC 1

I'm 24 and OH is 25 (he has a 4 year old)

I'm so looking forward to being a mum, i've always wanted this more than anything and didnt realise it would be so hard to concieve after all the years of taking the pill and worrying i might get pregnant :(

I have an appointment at the infertility clinic on the 27th Aug as i recently had a LAP and they found mild endo

xxx good luck ladies xx

oh hun bun not good.... he comes the kick up the bum you wanted :ninja: (sorry couldn't find a kick up the bum so you have to have ninja!).

Are you having any tests with the doc re no ovulation?

Hehe loving the ninja!!!
Havn't spoken to the Dr yet .. thats my next port of call if July is a bust. I think the neg OPK's my be my fault .... I struggle not to pee/drink for 4 hours! :rofl:
May try them again this month, I get plenty of EWCM so I guess thats a good sign.

We are TTC #1 after m/c in Nov 07 at 11 weeks.

I just feel like I will never get to the end! I also worry that because i had to have an ERPC it may have done some damage.

Pray everyday for a baby. xxx

I have 1 son and was ttc no 2
My son was unplanned so 1st time we bded i got a surprise:bfp:
We decided to ttc another and was due in october 9th but when i went for my 1st scan i was told that i had a blighted ovum so had a d & C at nearly 13 weeks
We are not ttc till october/september but we have been bding without protection(its just like he doenst want to talk about ttc and now ive thought about it either do i as its so stressful after a mc)

I'm TTC #1
I don't know why it hasn't happened I did find out I have a retroverted uterus but they say it usually doesn't affect fertility depending on the severity of it. I don't know what else could be wrong he did say everything looked fine besides that. I think it might also be the weight but I'm trying to work on it.

I am ttc #1.

Am kicking myself now I waited so long should have put my foot down and told my DH we were just goin to get on with it a yr or so back, but with DH younger than me he wanted to wait. Have been trying since Jan 08 but with work the BD isn't happening as often as I feel we need too.

At times I think I could so have content life without children just me and DH. Being a playworker I am with children 7 hours a day everyday mine u they are all 3+ and I have only ever held only two babies that I can think of. A 4 year old girl and I were playing dolls recently and pretending to change its nappy and she know what to do better than me!!!! Dear help me if my own baby ever arrives.

We're TTC our first after a MC in Feb08 (got pg first month trying!) It's so hard and because of my age (36 in Sep) am so worried. Always wanted kids. One would be fantastic but if i manage more that would be magical.

I sometimes hug my nephews and smell them (baby smell is the best!). I just can't wait. It's so hard to explain how you feel wanting something so important so badly.

Hi Girls,

Thanks for your replies (forgive me.......for some reason I'm having trouble adding my thanks to individual posts as I keep getting an error message....only lets me do it occasionally!).

It just seems that the whole world are having babies, and I've lost count of the number of newborns I've held over the last few months. It would just be nice to have one I didn't have to give back............

But anyway. It's cycle no.11 for us, and only one mc to show for it. I think I'm going to go to the doc now (I'll tell a white lie and say we've been trying over a year, I think!). Am a bit concerned about the spotting I get every month, in case that will prevent implantation. It has been investigated before (when we weren't ttc), but they never discovered the cause. It was diagosed as 'just one of those things'! :hissy:

I just wondered how many of you were feeling that children must be something that happens to other people, not you. I know I'm being stupid (and actually I'm not feeling fed up at the mo........just 'resigned'), but I really can't ever imagine that it will happen for us. I can't picture ever seeing my child take its first steps, say its first word, etc etc...........

I don't mean to be depressing, I just can't picture it as a reality. I'm in a surreal, parallel, childless existence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again to those of you who have replied :hug:

Hi everyone,

Am new here (just joined about half an hour ago, ehehehhe..) Just thought I'd say hello to all and yes, I'm TTC #1 as well. Although I must admit, this cycle is my first month of trying... currently am in the TWW (CD19)... so here's to days of anticipation! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->