Who is using condoms?

We do but I personly hate it. I think it kills the mood, having to stop and think about it. I've just booked for the coil so we don't do something daft.

Taking condoms as part of your contraceptive and as a remedy if you're not taking any pills at all is okay. But make sure it is okay with your partner. Is he satisfied when using it. I rather prefer taking the natural way. Withdrawal is fine with me and my partner. Also, he knows if I'm not into the mood.

can i ask whats the appeal of the coil/mirena coil?few of you's on here mentioned it, isnt it just like the same hormones as the pill but absolutely terrifying and scary to get removed? and then you've got something shoved up you the whole time? just curious...

yep we're now back to condoms as i'm coming off the pill. we're not big fans of them, but i'm having gyne treatment atm means they are needed!

can i ask whats the appeal of the coil/mirena coil?few of you's on here mentioned it, isnt it just like the same hormones as the pill but absolutely terrifying and scary to get removed? and then you've got something shoved up you the whole time? just curious...

I got preg the first time on the pill, so not off on it again and I need something that is pretty fail safe for a couple of years. The hormones are in a much lower dose too

I chart my cycles so I know when I'm fertile...and when I'm fertile, we use condoms...we really don't want any "surprises" just yet, and it's a pretty foolproof method for us (did it our first year together and no accidents!). Don't really like them though.....

We don't use them.Hubby does not care for them.Personally I don't care for the unnatural feeling of them,and don't have the patience to test diff brands.Longs I know when O'ing that's good enough for me to hold off during the fertile time.

We don't use them.Hubby does not care for them.Personally I don't care for the unnatural feeling of them,and don't have the patience to test diff brands.Longs I know when O'ing that's good enough for me to hold off during the fertile time.

I know what you mean. I hate the feel of them it does nothing for us so just just avoid or withdraw and its worked so far

We are using condoms, not that keen on them to be honest.
Just feels like you have to stop everything while you put one on.
We only generally use them just before he finishes. lol xx

yeah we use them, as it took me almost 2 years for my cycles to return after coming off the pill, i was on cerazette.
i like the fact you can change the texture, flavour or color, makes sex a bit more exciting, as you do tend to lose interest after the birth, lol x x x x

My OH and I will probably be using condoms only once this little one is born. I don't particularly like the idea of using hormonal birth control for an extended period of time, but we can't just use withdrawl and I would never be able to keep track of my cycles well.

Nahh, OH doesn't like them so I'm on the pill which works wonders for me!

[First post, woop!]

Ugh yes i was on the mini pill and it made me feel AWFUL i bled constantly and I was always angry so we just use condoms now...they are fine, I never want to take hormonal contraceptives ever again lol.

I've just stopped taking the pill (took last one yesterday whoop!) to get it out of my system so i know when i'm ovulating ready to TTC in Oct 09. So we'll be using condoms until then.

Although... I was considering using persona instead as i hate condoms. Going to have a look into it when i get some time!!

we dont really have sex anymore... hubby hates condoms and I can't take any birth control until my cycles have been sorted by Drs.

It SUCKS.

xxx

I got pregnant on the pill taking it correctly. No pill to remember everyday now and I don't really have to worry about birth control for up to 5 years now. I also wanted to give it a go to see if it improves my periods, which are painful, heavy, and long normally. If they go away that's a bonus for me.

Now that I have it in, we don't have to use condoms anymore :) No more making sure we always have them on hand, no more worrying about losing wrappers, etc. Not to mention I hate condoms, lol.

You can't feel it so you can't tell there's something shoved up you, plus it is honestly so tiny.. it's thin, thin, thin and only a couple of centimetres long. The strings do come down out of your cervix but aren't noticeable really if they're trimmed correctly by your doctor.

Mirena has hormones, copper IUD does not. Mirena has levogestrel which is a synthetic progestin. This is the hormone found in the mini-pill; the combination pill (Alesse for example) is levogestrel & estrogen. The hormone is released in lower doses into your system than the birth control pill, so you should experience less side effects like mood swings than you'd get with birth control pills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->