Who isn't going to chart or use OPK when TTC?

LouiseClare

Reaction score
I just wonder who isn't going to be charting or using OPK when TTC? Me and DH have decided that we just want to let things happen, but I know how addictive POAS is. I've read a few threads on the TTC section about Men getting annoyed that the woman only wants sex when they are ovulating.

With my first baby I did use ovulation tests, I'd been on the pill for 10 years and never TTC before so I used wanted to check that I was ovulating. This time i'm determined not to use them, althought I have about 20 cheap ones in the drawer from the last time we were trying :blush:

hey...im not charting or anything, i wont be using ov kit thingys either, i will prob pee on too many sticks tho :blush:

i just dont get the whole charting thing, i dont even get what a cylce is lmao
:wacko:
i just need to know when im due so i can POAS :winkwink:

Lianne x

I will be taking the relaxed approach this time, with Sienna i used OPK's and charted my cycles only to be saddened every month, yet once we took a break from all that we got pregnant with Sienna.

I will only test if i am late and thats it!

aww Sienna is a lovely name!

yea im just gonna test when pregnant, i tried to get pregnant for 8 months after MMC in 2007 but nothing happnened, i think there was too much presure to get pregnant an also most both mine & dh's families kept on & on & on askin if i was pregnant yet..hence why no1 knows this time lol
i had my implant out last friday so waiting for AF to arrive lol

Lianne x

At the moment I chart my periods, because they were really irregular when i came off the BCP and I kept thinking I might be pregnant. But I won't be using OPK or charting anything other than when my periods are. We both want to just let it happen, unless it takes a long time to concieve in which case I probably would start using OPK.

I plan to do as we did last time and just :sex: all the time! Thing is, as bad as it may sound, i don't want to have used most of my options early on. If we struggle next time i want to be able to say 'Right, tried the relaxed way for x amount of months now lets try charting etc' if you get me? It must be so disheartening to think there is nothing new you can try xxx

No way...not this time. I did everything when DH and I were ttc Rian...too much stress. It was like a science project!! We are just gonna DO IT!! lol

I'd like to just go with the flow & let things happen.. if it doesn't really happen for us after X amount of time then I'll try charting :)

i thought i was the only person not charting etc lol
i am wrong!! :D

Lianne x

we've also decided when we start TTC then we wont be charting or anything!! i just want to let things happen and let mother nature take her own course :haha:!!!
i think charting etc would take the fun out of it for us and would put a lot more pressure on it instead of it being a fun experience!!

Agreed Anita...it does take the fun out of it. When DH and I decided to stop charting and just relax...we got pregnant....I noticed your anniversary is coming up..is it on June 16...if so that will be mine and DH 3rd anniversary too.

I want to chart and all. Muffin was a VERY unplanned surprise so I've never TTC before. I will probably use an OPK and fertility test for like, the first month or two to make sure I'm ovulating after being on BC for so long, after that I'm just going to chart and :sex:

I hadn't even really heard of charting and things until I came on here. I just planned to come off the pill and see what happens. I am sure I will think o its the middle of my cycle and instigate more :sex: :blush:

If we are having no luck after 6 months I will probably try charting and things. Don't want to take the fun out of it. Especially at the start :)

I am getting excited thinking about it ! I wont be able to concentrate all month wondering !!

I hadn't even really heard of charting and things until I came on here. I just planned to come off the pill and see what happens. I am sure I will think o its the middle of my cycle and instigate more :sex: :blush:

If we are having no luck after 6 months I will probably try charting and things. Don't want to take the fun out of it. Especially at the start :)

I am getting excited thinking about it ! I wont be able to concentrate all month wondering !!

This is exactly what me and oh have decided on, going to come off the pill and see what happens. If after a year nothing has happened for us I think I'll look into charting etc but for now going to see what the future brings us. I'm counting down the days until I stop bc woo! xx

I noticed your anniversary is coming up..is it on June 16...if so that will be mine and DH 3rd anniversary too.

no our anniversary is on 23rd!!! :happydance: wonder if my OH will remember :haha:

I was getting stressed over charting before I even started!! At first my husband and I made the plan of TTC starting in August. So I went online and bought ovulation test kits so I could test from April to August and start charting my temps and what not so when August came I would be prepared. Well it finally hit me.. making a baby shouldnt be like putting together a project for school and thats what I totally felt like. I felt stressed beyond belief that what if I got everything together and couldnt produce a baby in August.. I would feel like I failed. Thats why Hubby and I had a HUGE conversation and we decided the best course for us is to throw all that out the window for now and just go with the flow. Starting this week we are no longer preventing or trying to become pregnant. We did say that if by the end of the year we werent pregnant we would start trying harder.

With that being said - I dont think charting is bad either and it may be something I do in the future. I just know that charting and planning everything as our first course of action wasnt the best for us at this time.

I'm hoping to have a BFP to announce at Thanksgiving. How cool would that be? "I'm thankful for a new baby" :p[/QUOTE]

When is thanks giving? :blush:

Hi! :wave: I'm not charting or using OPK's.. simply because my cycles are so random there really isn't any point as I know it will only result in pure frustration! So I just intend to let things happen otherwise I think it will destroy any fun and enjoyment out of the whole experience. No pressure is better!

Hoping for a BFP before Christmas.. honeymoon baby would be nice, so I can pop scan picks in the Christmas pressies.. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->