Who isn't going to chart or use OPK when TTC?

I will say part of my wanting to chart and whatnot is out of curiosity of how my periods will be coming off of BC and with hypothyroidism. I'm a nosy thing. :p

My OH and I both get quite pessimistic quite easily, which I think would be made worse by going all out with charting and OPKs. So we intend to just go with the flow as it were. I hope that I will be aware enough of roughly when I am ovulating to make sure we get busy at the most important times though! If things don't go to plan, I don't think I'd want to move on to using both at the same time, as I think that does make it seem too much like "making" it happen, if you know what I mean? x

dont think im going to chart or anything,just going to see what happens.although i do mark on my calender every month whenever i have my af just incase i ever have to go to the doctor about it.

I think we are just going to 'go with the flow' too, so to speak. I might use OPK's but I'm not going to temp unless we aren't successful. I already monitor when AF shows so hopefully that will be enough to get us going! If not, I can always start temping etc! :) x

I noticed your anniversary is coming up..is it on June 16...if so that will be mine and DH 3rd anniversary too.

no our anniversary is on 23rd!!! :happydance: wonder if my OH will remember :haha:

My OH has no choice but to remember...we have matching tattoos with our wedding date on our legs.

If I had a previous pregnancy I wouldn't do anything, BUT since I do not know my body or it's patterns I started charting on the third month of trying.
And I'm glad I did.
I previously missed the windows of fertility when it came to BD. We overdid it too early in the cycle.
Now we timed it right and the rest is in Gods hands...

i came of pill last time and the 2nd month i was pregnant. I kind of guessed when ov day was and tried to dtd then. We wont be charting just take it day by day and test when i'm late x

I already chart to prevent, so when it comes time to ttc I don't see why I would stop when knowing my cycle could be beneficial. We'll use charting to prevent after pregnancy as well.

I'm already charting! lol I won't be using OPKs if I can help it though.

Definately no charting, temps or opks for us. The first time I got a bfp was a month after coming off bcp. I thought it was job done. Super fertile, no problem. Wasn't to be. After the mc I went slightly crazy. Found b&b and learnt about fertile days, opks etc etc. I was a monster full of all this knowledge. My poor oh said he felt like a sex robot!! For 4 months, nothing. Then we moved house and I was too preoccupied to checks days and temps and we got our bfp. Unfortunately we are back to stage one, but I've learnt that relaxed and non informed works best for us as a couple.
Can't wait to have fun and relax this time and eventually hold that little baby in our arms.
I can understand why people chart though. It's very interesting to know how and hen your body works. For instance I didn't realise that we, as women, don't always ovulate in a month. I seem to though. Very lucky.

Hi, I was going to and started charting in January but have now decided that it will add extra stress to ttc so I've stopped. Luckily my cycles are regular so we are just going to let things happen as and when. Im sure though I wont be able to stop myself POAS each month though :dohh:

Good luck!

I wish I could relax like you ladies do!

I need a chart to obsess over in the TWW.

I'm planning on not charting or using OPKs and just letting things happen. Of course, if I don't get pregnant after x amount of time, I might then choose to start charting and such. I don't want TTC to be a stressful time in our lives and I know that I can get extremely obsessive about things.

Hey there, I thought I was one of the only ones taking the relaxed approach!! It was all the charting and POAS last time that made me go crazy!! Took all the passion/fun out of it. We have decided just to go with the flow this time and see what happens. Gotta help to that this time I am at least 2.5 stones lighter, so hoping that I will fall pregnant quickly.

Well I am going to be using a persona for contraception so hopefully by the time we are TTC I will know my cycles off by heart! Lol. And can use it as a fertility monitor aswell.

xxx

I think in a way its a personality issue. I've never been the kind who enjoys having to really keep close track of anything, and the idea of checking & charting temps is beyond unappealling to me. I think it I really had to do it - if there was no other way, it would be different.

Having a chart doesn't make one pregnant. Sex makes one pregnant. I'm not knocking it, because I know it's a great help to some people, but it would drive me crazy!

We will be taking the NTNP approach. We want to enjoy the experience and not put any pressure on ourselves. Especially since OH has a low sex drive - I don't want to stress him out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->