who knows about bnb

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
Have you told any of your rl friends or family about bnb/ recommended them to join?

I haven't tbh I see it as my own personal private spot online where I can be somewhat anonymous

Not a chance!!
I'm the same as you, its an anonymous place where i can ask those tmi questions that i would never ask my rl friends!! Plus i dont want them all to know we are ttc so its a safe space to be able to discuss this huge thing in my life!!

My hubby knows about bnb though - he often asks if theres anything interesting on the 'baby forum' :haha:

I did recommend it to a friend when she was pregnant a couple of years ago but she said forums weren't her thing, I'd recommend it to others too as it's really helped me out. I've not told friends/family but if it came in conversation or someone asked me if I used a forum I wouldn't hide it.

My husband. No IRL friends really. My closest friend where I live I met on BnB. :)

Everyone really. I've recommended it to strangers but never people I know, that'd be too weird :lol:
I once had a lass come to my house and ask me if I was a member because she saw the purple screen open on my laptop :haha:

Lol yes my good friend over in the parenting groups...She rarely comes over this bit but even if she did she knows everything before it gets posted here anyway lol xx

Well, once upon a time I told no-one.

Now most of the friends I have now are in some way connected to me being on here, whether they were members or friends of members :rofl:

I told one of my cousins, after she had a miscarriage, as she really seemed to need some support, and I had found the loss support forum really helpful when going through my miscarriages.

Other than that, nope. I like that its my anonymous place to share TMI that I wouldn't share necessarily with close friends/family. LOL

ETA: Dh knows about BnB, he sometimes asks me what BnB ladies would say, or what mommy forum would say, about a certain situation as it comes up

BNB used to be my safe haven - I do miss being able to talk openly about my problems but I don't feel able to any more. I've only told my OH and sister about BNB - She uses a completely different section of the forum though, IVF.

My husband and that's it, I like being anonymous although things I've said I think people could work out it was me

My OH knows but I'm super paranoid about anyone else! Someone I knew from highschool, who's parents live about two doors away from mine, found me on here and surprisingly it wasn't too horrendous.

My OH knows but has no interest in joining/looking at the forum. I also told a close friend about it after we both had a MMC but she didn't seem particularly interested either tbh & I don't think she posts... Although I wouldn't know her user name even if she did :shrug: I don't think she knows mine either. I do prefer to keep it anonymous so don't tell anyone my user name if I do recommend it though xx

oh has seen it one or twice but hasnt got any interest

Yeah my oh knows about it and calls it my baby forums and he knows my username too. He never really pays that much interest in it either.

I once recommended it to a friend, but I don't think she ever joined. OH knows I use it and I think that's it...I hope anyway! I dread to think someone I know IRL might be rifling through my posts. My OH posted here a couple of times previously, but that was so long ago that I wouldn't be able to begin to remember what his username was.

My mum knows. If someone posts a funny story, I often get her over to read it too :haha: But no one else. It just hasn't really came up. I like that I can post what I want and no one I know IRL will read it. That I know of :winkwink: :haha:

No only OH knows but I've met several people from here and have lots of friends I've made over the years :)

Only my husband but he just knows it as 'baby website'.

I don't think anyone else knows and I hope it stays that way. I would hate to be found on here, especially by family :nope:

My dh knows and unfortunately has stalked my posts!
My best friend used to come on here, we briefly discussed it but she says she isn't on here any more, I expect she would recognise my avatar and signature if she did come across it.
I've never seen anyone on here that I recognise, I
doubt I'd recommend it because i like the anonymity Xx

Yes my OH knows all about it but thats about it. I dont actively hide it from anyone else its just never really come up! I wouldnt be bothered if people from real life knew I was on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->