who knows about bnb

I say I'm part of a forum to friends, but don't say which one... I prefer the anonymity too :) if any of my friends joined, they'd recognise me immediately.

People know I go on a forum but I don't really talk about it much and wouldn't recommend it for the same reasons as you. My OH knows though and if I'm on the laptop will ask if I'm 'bumping' lol.

My OH knows as do my best friends. Being that I met them through a forum my pals can't rwally judge!

I don't hide it from my family, it just doesn't come up.

It's not a secret but it never comes up in conversation. My friends would recognise me immediately and I have been recognised on here before. I never write anything that I'd be upset with my friends reading, just in case. X

I made the mistake of telling people about this place! Wish I hadn't :nope:

:( Em

I have seen a couple of local people here. It was advertised in my doctors lol.

I haven't told anyone about here, mostly because my plans for TTC are completely private IRL - no one knows about them at all! I like the anonymity and the fact that it allows me to talk openly about my TTC plans. I also like the fact that I can have opinions on here, which are not necessarily the same opinions as the NHS Trust I work for, and which, if I wasn't anonymous, I would fear being disciplined for at work.

I imagine I have met people at work who are on here, as I have seen their location listed as my area, but I haven't recognised anyone.

A few times when I went to college and typed babyandbump into the address bar on the computers it'd already been visited. I was always dying to know who'd been there!

OH knows, and he joined :dohh: Doesn't post much though or go on much! And I'm grateful for private areas!

My mum knows! A few close friends have seen me using it but it's never really come up in convo (mostly because I don't have a baby and I'm worried people would question why I'm on here!)

I recommended to my friends that've been pregnant though, no clue if they ever signed up!

Met a fair few people from on here though, they're lovely :hugs:

xxx

My husband knows, and like other women's OH he calls it my baby forum or something like that. I'm not afraid to mention that I use a pregnancy forum, but I never give out specific website information. I do like not having anyone know I'm on here, cause if they did it wouldn't be a secret as to who I was.

I would be mortified if anyone found me on here!! I post things I'm not comfortable telling other people, I just don't want people to know about.
OH knows as he's on a football forum and he laughs about how tame this forum is like threads getting shut etc when his is really 'anything goes'
I do post pics on here though so I suppose I could be found

I would be mortified if anyone found me on here!! I post things I'm not comfortable telling other people, I just don't want people to know about.
OH knows as he's on a football forum and he laughs about how tame this forum is like threads getting shut etc when his is really 'anything goes'
I do post pics on here though so I suppose I could be found

Ha, same here. I have pics of the boys as my avatar and in my signature with their names. Anyone who actually knows me would recognize them. But I don't think anyone I know is on here, so hopefully all my blabbering on here stays anonymous, lol!

I also like the ability to be anonymous on here. My OH knows (and also calls it the baby forum) but he's not interested. I've never needed to recommend it to anyone. I only have one friend with children and hers are much older. That's the reason I came here in the first place, I have no mummy friends.

My husband doesn't know I use it anymore. He asked about it in kind of a disapproving tone once but that was years ago. I will say I read a story about this but not say where and I haven't recommended it to anyone else. I am on a baby group on Facebook that he knows about though and Will ask about sometimes.

Oh knows I'm on some baby forum but that's it, he really isn't interested. No one else knows, mainly because it's never come up but also because I quite like to be anonymous.
If ever anyone did recognise me though I don't think I've ever written anything bad about anyone IRL.

My oh, Mum and Sister know about bnb. I've got two friends on fb that I met through here and would love to add/meet more but I worry they'll mention bnb and then people on fb will ask what it is and join x

My OH knows about this, and he has the odd browse to be nosey. I recommend my FB friends who are newly pregnant or had babies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->