Who wants a buddy? - TTC after a mc

katestar53

Reaction score
Anybody want to buddy up?

I am currently 4dpo and hope I have hit the jackpot this time! Would love a December baby, would make Xmas 2011 so much more special with a little bundle of joy :p

Kate xxx

:hug: & :dust:

hi there! i am 25 and i have a 4yo stepson and a 6mo old daughter. we are currently trying for another baby, but i am nursing and it seems to be keeping AF away and my ovulation cycles irregular at best. i am more than happy to be a buddy though if youd like! i love to chat about all things baby and pregnancy! lol. hope youve got a a little bean in there this cycle and will be announcing your BFP soon! :D

Hi! I am on CD16 today & am not temping or doing opk's so not sure about what exact day I'm on for O. I typically have 28-31 day cycles.

I have a 15mo daughter Megan & we had a miscarriage in December. This is our first month ttc after the miscarriage.

hi daisybee! your little girl is adorable! :) best wishes for a sticky bean and a BFP this cycles! :dust:

Hello Ladies :flower:

Thanks for replying to my thread :) Both ur babies are so cute :happydance:

Daisy Bee - I also have around 28 day cycles, I usually OV around day 12/13 which is pretty early. Sorry to hear about your mc, its such a deverstating thing to experience but I know we can go on to get our heathly :baby:. Did you cycles take a bit of time to get back to normal? How long did it take for AF to come along? I mc on the 8th March and OV on CD 16/17, I use the CBFM and started CD1 as the first day of my mc bleeding, so here I am hoping for a :bfp: without a visit from the :witch:, FX!

QueSeraSera - Congrats on your little one, she must keep you busy? Do you chart your OV at all, I was ttc since Oct, was getting nowhere and bought a CBFM and conceived in the 1st cycle of using it! Definately worth the money

Looking forward to be buddies girls and sharing this experience together

:hug:

she does indeed! right now i work and she is in daycare, but my provider just gave her two week notice and, because daycare is sooo expensive and hard to come by here, i will be a SAHM as of next friday. im sure she will keep me way busier then.

i dont chart or anything. before i got pregnant i just monitored CM and looked for the signs of ovulation and that seemed to work pretty well. i have been trying to do the same since audrey was born and thought i was doing well, but i guess nursing mimics a lot of the OV and PG symptoms. i thought i was OVing without an AF, which is possible in BFing women, but now im not so sure im OVing at all. DH told me this weekend that he is getting disappointed by the whole thing and wants me to stop nursing so that my cycles will become regular again, but i dont know. i think i might get a fertility monitor to see if i am even ovulating at all...seems to be the first step in actually getting a BFP while BFing.

cant wait to share the TTC and pregnancy journey with you guys! :dust: to us all! :)

Que - I read your post earlier today in baby club about being a sahm. I was going to respond but then got busy! I'm a daycare provider but havent been open since before Megan was born so I am now a sahm until after baby #2 arrives. It is very different than working and you have to work hard at keeping schedules & getting out of the house. Kids do best on a schedule anyway - and it helps make me feel like I have a plan! LOL

I had my miscarriage at 6 weeks on Dec. 16. My period after that was Jan 15, then Feb 13, then Mar 15. When I got pregnant with megan I used opk's & preseed & & thats the month we got pregnant. That was 2 years ago - my AF was Mar 15 that year - and this year is the same - mar 15. How weird is that? So OPk was + with Megan Mar 31 & Apr 1 which is a late ovulation for me- we bd cd 14-19. When I got pregnant last fall we BD on CD 10-16 but didnt use opk's.

Have lots more to say but have to go - write more later!

i was thinking about becoming a provider but couldnt make it happen with our pets. i think youre right about the schedule...i read all of this material about how being baby led is best, but maybe somewhere in between is better. i sure know that a schedule would be easier on me, as i would be able to plan my day a bit better! now i just need to figure out how to establish one! the feeding would be easy as she is pretty laid back about when she eats, but the napping thing...the girl has a mind of her own on that one!

sorry to hear about your MC, but it sure sounds like the stars are aligned for you to get another BFP really soon! Fingers crossed! :)

What I did for a schedule is I wrote down what we were doing every day - I then realized that we were already sometimes in a sort of schedule & so I started following that. Megan does best when things are predictable - including nap times. It was about 7months that I got really good about a schedule. Its good to be flexable - but at least you would know when you can plan something for out of the house. Around that age Megan would refuse to nap later in the afternoon so she was going to bed at 6pm. So she would get up around 6am & then nap around 8:30-9am & then again around 1:30pm. So at least I knew we could schedule lunch w/ someone at a certain time.

The miscarriage hits me sometimes like I've been punched in the gut & other times I am ok about it. I am glad we decided not to try til now though as I feel much better emotionally now than a few months ago. We were in the process of moving during the miscarriage too - so that didnt help my mindset. We moved boxes & furniture the day after I miscarried. Kate - you are so strong to be ttc again this soon! :hugs: Good for you!

So we are dtd this week - & we're both exhausted. LOL Thinking maybe we should do it every other day instead. DH is oncall & working a lot this week & Megan is getting 4 molars in at once. Poor girl! & its exhausting me! LOL

So how are you girls today?

Kate - are you getting anxious to test? Any symptom spotting going on??

Que - I think the fertility monitor sounds like a good plan for you with the breastfeeding. Kate - how does it work? I used just IC strips 2ce a day the month we used them. Is it similar? I told dh that if we dont get pregnant this month I will use some sort of ovulation predicter thing next month.

i think that i really need to work on the naptimes. she takes these little catnaps during the day and so she might nap 5-6 times, but usually only for about 20 minutes each time. i wonder if there is someway i can work to get them to last longer. gonna have to look up some literature about that. though i dont know anyone here anyway that i would do lunch with, so maybe it doesnt matter to schedule her naps around lunchtime. all my friends from college have moved away and none of our family is here or anything (DH is military)

i imagine that the MC will jump up on you from time to time for a long time. my mom had 4 MCs and nearly died with the last when the baby was 7 months. then they adopted my brother and, years later, me. she never mentions it and always says how blessed they are to have been given the gift of us children, but i think she still thinks of the children she lost. i mean, how can you not. but you get in a better place where you can handle the memory better, and it seems like youre there!

booo for all the teething...that much be rough on her. and probably you too! we DTD every other day with a couple extra sessions in there from time to time when TTC with audrey and it worked well for us, it was like "you have to do this everyday" sort of feeling. since we got the go ahead at 6 weeks pp to DTD we have been BDing about 4-5x/wk, but nothing so far...which is why i think im not ovulating. i think i need to get a fertility monitor, but theyre oh so expensive!

Hi Ladies, I love how your both sahm! Thats what I want to be one day (hopefully not too long thou!!!), I have always wanted to a Mum, Im one of women that isnt too bothered about having a big career, just want to have a nice big family :)

I would say that Im fairly strong, our loss was quite early, only 6 weeks, still really upsetting but am feeling so much more positive now! Just hope the :witch: doesnt arrive and I get a :bfp: instead! Not many sypmtoms as yet, the only two obvious ones are that Im hungry and grumpy! In fact have just ordered a pizza for dinner:thumbup:

Your girls definately need to buy a CBFM, such amazing little machines. Im not sure how OPKs work but have heard they can be quite hard to read sometimes. Well with the CBFM its so simple as it gives you three reading, low, high and peak fertility. You start the machine on cd1 and when it requires a test you POAS and insert into the machine and it gives you the result. You usually use about 10 test sticks per cycle and test from cd6 till a few days after peak fertility. I first used it in Jan and got pregnant straight away! They are so worth the money as you can keep track so easily!

i am wondering how the CBFM would work since i dont really have CD1 since i am not getting AF right now...i woulder if i could just monitor it starting the first day i got it, or if that would mess everything up...

i am excited to be a SAHM now. at first i was upset about putting my career on hold. i worked 7 years for my doctorate, grauated and worked 4.5 months before having audrey, was on mat leave for 3 months, and then have worked since then. so i really havent gotten much "use" out of my degree yet. but audrey is only young once and i know that i am blessed to have the chance to spend the time with her. my career can wait :)

I love being a sahm. But now that Megan is a toddler she is getting bored with it being just the 2 of us & honestly I would be working again now if we weren't ttc #2. I had a difficult pregnancy w/ Megan & was on semi bedrest from Sept - Dec when they induced me at 37 weeks. (I had high bp & she wasnt growing enough). In Dec. we moved to a smaller town so their isnt a lot going on for kids during the week. We go to storytime at the library - she is the youngest one there! LOL Since we are in Minnesota its still pretty chilly - the ground is thawing so its a big watery mudpit. Once it dries up a bit we can be going to the park & the outdoor local pool will open late May. Can't wait!

For Megan's naps I found that she took longer naps if I made her stay awake longer between them. Her dr suggested I do that so that she would have longer naps as she would get more restful sleep that way vs. catnaps. I would push nap back even 10 minutes at a time to gradually get her naps further apart & then she naturally slept longer & was able to stay up longer after that nap. At least it gave me a window to go shopping and such as she was never a baby who would sleep anywhere but her crib. Now that she is older she sleeps from 7-7 (well now 7pm to 8am since the time change which is weird that she is sleeping 1 hr more at night since then) and naps from about 12-2pm.

Kate - my symptoms before my positive tests both times were the exact same: cramps before af was due (not typical for me), lower backache, stuffy nose, vivid dreams, a bit crabby at times - kindof like pms though - LOL, my armpit hurt vs. my breasts. I was pretty sure when I took the test last time that it was going to be positive & I was right. It was all stuff though that I could ignore & miss if I wasnt really paying attention.

So think I am done trying for the month - so now 2ww. My cm totally changed yesterday so we decided not to dtd yesterday.

We are TTC for the first time after a MC 1/25/11. I've only had once AF and it was brought on by progesterone.. Currently on cycle day 33 and waiting. Pretty sure I'm not prego, I think its just my evil irregular cycles :nope:

Good luck to you! Keep us updated :dust:

We are TTC for the first time after a MC 1/25/11. I've only had once AF and it was brought on by progesterone.. Currently on cycle day 33 and waiting. Pretty sure I'm not prego, I think its just my evil irregular cycles :nope:

Good luck to you! Keep us updated :dust:

Welcome Mrs J, sorry to here about your mc, do you monitor OV at all? Heres to our :BFP:!

:dust: & :hug:

i am wondering how the CBFM would work since i dont really have CD1 since i am not getting AF right now...i woulder if i could just monitor it starting the first day i got it, or if that would mess everything up...

i am excited to be a SAHM now. at first i was upset about putting my career on hold. i worked 7 years for my doctorate, grauated and worked 4.5 months before having audrey, was on mat leave for 3 months, and then have worked since then. so i really havent gotten much "use" out of my degree yet. but audrey is only young once and i know that i am blessed to have the chance to spend the time with her. my career can wait :)

Ohh not sure about the CBFM, I guess you could start it the first day but it does say that you should start on cd1, myabe you could some cheap OPK sticks? Maybe do some research on it :)

Im sure that once Audrey is slightly older that you can return to your career, make the most of your time with your beautiful little girl, time flies by so quickly!!

Have a good w'end!

I love being a sahm. But now that Megan is a toddler she is getting bored with it being just the 2 of us & honestly I would be working again now if we weren't ttc #2. I had a difficult pregnancy w/ Megan & was on semi bedrest from Sept - Dec when they induced me at 37 weeks. (I had high bp & she wasnt growing enough). In Dec. we moved to a smaller town so their isnt a lot going on for kids during the week. We go to storytime at the library - she is the youngest one there! LOL Since we are in Minnesota its still pretty chilly - the ground is thawing so its a big watery mudpit. Once it dries up a bit we can be going to the park & the outdoor local pool will open late May. Can't wait!

For Megan's naps I found that she took longer naps if I made her stay awake longer between them. Her dr suggested I do that so that she would have longer naps as she would get more restful sleep that way vs. catnaps. I would push nap back even 10 minutes at a time to gradually get her naps further apart & then she naturally slept longer & was able to stay up longer after that nap. At least it gave me a window to go shopping and such as she was never a baby who would sleep anywhere but her crib. Now that she is older she sleeps from 7-7 (well now 7pm to 8am since the time change which is weird that she is sleeping 1 hr more at night since then) and naps from about 12-2pm.

Kate - my symptoms before my positive tests both times were the exact same: cramps before af was due (not typical for me), lower backache, stuffy nose, vivid dreams, a bit crabby at times - kindof like pms though - LOL, my armpit hurt vs. my breasts. I was pretty sure when I took the test last time that it was going to be positive & I was right. It was all stuff though that I could ignore & miss if I wasnt really paying attention.

So think I am done trying for the month - so now 2ww. My cm totally changed yesterday so we decided not to dtd yesterday.

Welcome to the dreaded 2ww! It drags by so slowly!!! Im 7dpo and have all the symptoms you have listed above, whoop de whoop! So hopefully am on the way to a :bfp: but am not gonna get excited just yet...

Have a fab w'end :)

i am a little worried about audrey getting bored with me, to be honest. i know shes young, but i am nervous that she is going to tire of all my silly schemes to entertain her. lol. also, i dont want to get her so used to it just being her and i during the day that she starts having separation anxiety when were around other people (crying when someone else tries to hold her, etc) so i think i am really going to try to find some baby groups or something...just so there are other people around during the day too. she loves the water, and since the pool is open year round here, maybe ill try to do that a few times a week too :)

thats a good idea about spacing out the naps...maybe i can try that. she just fights sleep so hard these days...she spaces her naps out on her own and then when she finally takes one it only lasts a little bit. i think maybe a white noise machine or something might help though too. ill definitely be working on it when i am home with her during the days.

baby dust to you and i hope the 2ww wait goes by quickly for you! with us ladies here for a distraction, it should! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->