Who wants to buddy up? 1st cycle TTC #1, 26yrs old, CD23

Ylanda

Mum of 1DD
Reaction score
Heyyyyy,

who wants to be my TTC buddy? I'm taking as natural and relaxed as possible approach at the moment. I've always charted periods, CM, and symptoms, and am hoping to add BBT as soon as my thermometer arrives. This is my first cycle of trying after having been on the pill since I was 14. First cycle was 32 days but things like ovulation dates etc. are a load of guesswork at the moment. I'll be taking my first test on the 16th, fingers crossed!

I look forward to hearing from you and sharing this amazing journey!

x

Heyyyyy,

who wants to be my TTC buddy? I'm taking as natural and relaxed as possible approach at the moment. I've always charted periods, CM, and symptoms, and am hoping to add BBT as soon as my thermometer arrives. This is my first cycle of trying after having been on the pill since I was 14. First cycle was 32 days but things like ovulation dates etc. are a load of guesswork at the moment. I'll be taking my first test on the 16th, fingers crossed!

I look forward to hearing from you and sharing this amazing journey!

x

Hi Ylanda,

Welcome :) i'm am new here also. Im 26 OH is 29 and we are on our 3rd cycle since coming off BC trying to conceive #1.

I was also on the pill since about 15. My AF started regualr at 28 first 2 months but last AF was 1 week late so still think i'm adjusting to life off the pill. I have just started temping this cycle so this is my first chart.

I am currently calender day 14 awaiting a +OPK having EGCM but no +ve yet :( thinkg the poor OH is getting a bit fed up of my harrassment now :haha:

I look forward to hearing from you X:flower:

Hi jennilou!

Great to hear from you!

I'm onto CD2 now - I had convinced myself I was pregnant last cycle but then AF came a day early. So since coming off the pill I've had one 32 day and one 27 day cycle - whatever! ;)

I will start temping and charting this cycle, once AF has gone. I had crazy symptoms all of last week which made me think I was pregnant but it appears it was just my body getting used to live without the daily dose of hormones.

What to do you use to predict O? I'll try temping and charting this cycle and if still nothing happens I think I will move on to using OPKs in addition - afterall, timing seems to be of the essence in this mission!

TTYS

Hi, me and my husband recently started TTC. I took my last pill 29/07/12 and have been on it (cerazette and another pill before that) since I was 16. I am 25 now!
My first AF came on 31st aug, but Im not sure whether this means I am back on a regular cycle or not!!!
We are taking a relaxed approach at the moment no temp monitoring yet! but I am charting symptoms and AF.

Might start with the monitoring soon though - where did you order your thermometer from and do you mind me asking how much it was?

Good luck and fairy dust to everyone x

Hey MrsO! Seems like we're all similar ages on here! :)

It's hard to tell the first few cycles, isn't it? Like I said, my first one off the pill was 32 days and then this one was 27 - that's almost a week's difference!!! How is anyone supposed to get the timing right with these kind of cycles?! ;)

I ordered my thermometer of https://accessdiagnostics.co.uk/, with 2nd class postage it came to £5.90. That was the cheapest price I could find for a digital one measuring in centigrade (rather than Fahrenheit) but tbh delivery seems to be very slow, mine was dispatched on the 5th and I am still waiting... Not impressed but hey ho...

Hi jennilou!

Great to hear from you!

I'm onto CD2 now - I had convinced myself I was pregnant last cycle but then AF came a day early. So since coming off the pill I've had one 32 day and one 27 day cycle - whatever! ;)

I will start temping and charting this cycle, once AF has gone. I had crazy symptoms all of last week which made me think I was pregnant but it appears it was just my body getting used to live without the daily dose of hormones.

What to do you use to predict O? I'll try temping and charting this cycle and if still nothing happens I think I will move on to using OPKs in addition - afterall, timing seems to be of the essence in this mission!

TTYS

I did the same last cycle as i was a week late the whole week i was getting what i thought were preganncy symptoms but kept getting BNF! then boom the witch arrived :( They say it takes a few months to adjust to coming off BC i just hope my cycles start to settle down now.

To predict O i use a few methods, i do temping, CM look out and also OPK (internet) i refuse to pay the money for the Clear Blue gertility monitoring when the internet cheapies do the same just a bit more judgement required on the testing lines as you have to judge if the line is darker or equal to the control it's frsutrating at the mo cause all i get are faint lines which for O is negative :(

Your right it's all down to the timing and even then i think you only have a 20% chance (something like that) whcih makes it ven more hard work. Hopefully it will all be worth it for us :thumbup: X

Hi, me and my husband recently started TTC. I took my last pill 29/07/12 and have been on it (cerazette and another pill before that) since I was 16. I am 25 now!
My first AF came on 31st aug, but Im not sure whether this means I am back on a regular cycle or not!!!
We are taking a relaxed approach at the moment no temp monitoring yet! but I am charting symptoms and AF.

Might start with the monitoring soon though - where did you order your thermometer from and do you mind me asking how much it was?

Good luck and fairy dust to everyone x

Hiya Mrs O,

My firt 2 AF s were bang on 28 days after coming off BCP but then last cycle i was a week late (so cruel) :( We started very relaxed and then me being me i got a little over anxious and so the charting started :)

To be honest i got my BBT from E-Bay and it only cost me like £2 and it has been very reliable so far. It doesn't test in farenheit only celcius but suits me that way. I wouldn't pay a fortune for 1 when a cheapy does the same job. It's expensive TTC as it is without making it worse :) X

They are cheaper than I thought - might have to get one ordered!! I am the same I want to be relaxed but on the other hand I want it to happen NOW and want to do all i can to help it!! aaaagggghhhh!

Think Im gonna end up obsessive! ha ha

The only thing with temping is it can only tell you when you ovulated you can't really predict ovulation with it. I rely more on CM and OPKS (although even they can be unpredictable) to know when to BD that way thereare some little guys there waiting when i do O. The temping is good because it confirms ovulation where as CM and OPKs don't. OPKs just detct the LH surge it's not a garantee of O.

Like now i have had EWCM for 4 days and negative OPK i'm hoping i get a +ve OPK tonight or tomorrow had OH busy last few days as soon as i seen EWCM but nothing on OPK yet dont think he will handle another day of me :haha:
x

I wanted to start out all relaxed, thinking I'm still young, only just married, if it takes a wee while we might be better off financially but bam! this very first cycle of TTC I completely obsessed and went symptom spotting mad as soon as I felt the slightest twinge... But that's just me being me. I think I'll feel a bit more in control once I start the temping. And while I've always been on the lookout for changes in CM I will start adding it to my chart and then just make sure we dtd as much as possible once the signs point to O. OPKs are my next step, I think.

While I thought I was preggers last week I had given up on alcohol and cut down my caffeine - one of the good things of AF coming definitely is that I can indulge in cups of tea again and have a glass of vino or two over dinner with friends tonight. Cheers!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->