Who wants to start...

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
a professional baby naming service? Where they name your child for you? Because I am entirely incapable of choosing a name for a person!!! Every name I come up with I find something wrong with it! I don't want it to be too weird or too common. I don't want a short name but I also don't want it to be able to be broken down into a nick name. It freaks me out, the only thing we get to choose about our babies, and they're stuck with it for life!!

I like penelope...you changed your mind?

I just don't want her to get made fun of lol. And every person i tell that name to (here anyway) they're like 'WHY are you naming her that? Are you crazy? Dont torture the child". Even though I know its up to me and its my choice, I'd still like it if there was some approval you know? But nooooope, nada.

Well I think its lovely...not common place but not madly unusual..Dont worry, nobody here likes Astrid either!

I like Penelope too. So does my DH. Have people given a reason for not liking it? Maybe they're just narrow minded idiots?! lol

I LOVE the name Penelope!!! If I was having a girl I was going to name her Mackenzie Clementine! No one liked it but I insisted it was the greatest heheh. :thumpup:

I like Penelope, but I do know a bunch of idiots who cannot pronounce it.

Baby names are hard. I just decided to stick with the one I like, even though a lot of people just go "OH..." when I tell them. Whatever. I don't think its a big deal. I've never not liked someone because of their name.

My daughter is called Taia and when I was pregnant with her and was telling people what I had decided to name, her alot of people made unpleasant comments about her name...now everyone says what a beautiful name it is and that is because she is such a beautiful person (in and out), as soon as Penelope is born and everyone will simply fall in love with her the name will become just as beautiful to those people because it is her name....if that inarticulate scrawl made any sense at all!!??

I agree, it a lovley name. stick with it, its a unique name for what will be a unique person!

I think it's a lovely, unusual name hun. Don't worry what others say/think, just :ignore:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->