Who was the hardest person for you to tell?

I was nervous to tell my dad because his last reaction was "oh shit I need to take a nap." Sure enough, similar reaction this time around. "Oh crap...now I am going to cry." I don't get these reactions x.x Both babies have been conceived after I married my husband and I had been an adult on my own several years before I married him but apparently my dad still thinks of me as a little girl x.x

I was also scared to tell my mom's family, especially this time because we were announcing at Christmas time, which is around when my mom passed away. Got the reactions I was expecting :/ Grandma: "I miss your mom my baby" (no other words of congratulations or anything). No response from my mom's sister. My mom's brother: "oh! You're pregnant! How exciting. A family member died. A month ago."
Seriously?? Come on, people!

Omigosh dreaming I can't believe your mom's family's reactions! Wow. My partner's family was over the moon when we surprised them all on Christmas Eve. I still have yet to tell anyone in my family, which consists of my mom's side (with the exception of a cousin who lives states away that I'm not close to but I had to vent to someone I could trust). My dad passed away in 2009 and never really had an ongoing relationship with his side. I don't expect much excitement from my family unfortunately :nope:

Probably my sister, because she just had a miscarriage. I can't even figure out the right way to tell her. I want to tell her in person, but if I called or texted then she wouldn't feel obligated to put on a happy face and be happy for me, when I know she will be feeling mixed emotions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->