Who was the hardest person for you to tell?

Puppylove52

Reaction score
Mine would be my dad! Even though I'm 26,this is my first and it was really weird telling him.. It was like confirming that I dtd!! Haha

We have only told inmediate family & 1 friend each. The hardest will be my boss/workmates I think at 12 weeks.

Tie between my mom and my best friend. I'm really early so I haven't told a lot of people: the dad, one coworker to discuss how it affects my job, one friend for advice, another friend today to help me move some big furniture... oh I told my Yai (maternal grandmother) and might call my paternal grandmother today.

My mom was hard because I can't do this without her.

My best friend because the last time I was pregnant she called me a selfish bitch, and we didn't talk for 3 years. I told her and she hasn't said anything.

P.S. I'm 25 and this is my first :)

I think the hardest will be nearly all of the paternal family. Even though we have been together 2 years and are getting married, they don't want us to have kids yet.

Thankfully my family are excited for us and so is my OH's brother at least.

The hardest person for me to tell was the baby daddy!
We aren't together and my pregnancy wasn't planned.
He's getting his head round it a bit now!

Mine would be my dad! Even though I'm 26,this is my first and it was really weird telling him.. It was like confirming that I dtd!! Haha

:haha: With DD, it was super awkward telling my family for this same reason! 28 and married lol

This time, it was most difficult to tell DH. This was very unexpected and unplanned, and he doesn't handle surprises and stress very well. Surprisingly, he took it so well. I was nearly as shocked at this reaction as to getting a positive test! And I was in a lot of shock with the test :lol:

I actually told my mom before DH because I wanted a support system, thinking he wouldn't take it well. I had no problems telling her about this one lol She was at work and was so anxious to get a hold of her so I sent a picture of the test to her work email and said "can you call me?" She was so excited and did an awesome job of calming me down.

From here on out, the most difficult to tell will be DH's parents. We're not in the best position to be having a baby right now. I quit my job last August to go to school, so money is super tight. And with a baby, I might have to drop out (depending on how much clinicals I miss and if I can make them up) - if I do, I can't re-enroll until Fall 2016 which adds on an extra year that we hadn't expected. It'll be tough to have to go an extra year with only 1 income (plus the addition of a baby). So we're kind of terrified to tell his parents given our circumstances and the fact that they've helped us out so much.

My bosses.
I'm 9 weeks and have posted my first ultrasound on Facebook, all the family knows too.
I'm about to get another promotion at work and I'm afraid of telling them. I don't want them to think I was withholding it but at the same time, most don't tell until 12 weeks anyway. I'm still not sure how to do it. :shrug:

if time my mam... I actually didnt tell her she saw it on my online profile but I was young and me and OH hadn't been together that long

now... no one, im an adult in a 7+ year relationship and if anyone doesnt like it screw them

My mom. She's weird, lol, but she's excited.

The hardest to tell the gender was my sister in law. We are having a girl, and at 9 months she gave birth to a stillborn girl. But she has been very sweet and excited for us.

My sister. We're only 17 mos apart but we live very different lives as she is single with no kids so she tends to be brutally honest and judgmental.

My best friend - she went through years of fertility treatments to have her last-ditch attempt result in an ectopic, so even telling her I was starting TTC was tough. But she's been super amazing and supportive :)

I was scared of telling my parents, but they were really happy! I'm nervous about telling my boss because I don't really know how to go about it, plus I just started there, plus I'm sure they all think of me as a kid!

I have two friends I'm not looking forward to telling- both have struggled with infertility for years and have had multiple miscarriages. I feel a little...I guess...less bad about it this time, as my last pregnancy sadly ended in miscarriage also. Like maybe I deserve this one because I lost the last one? Idk.

My dad. His mentally unwell but stable at the moment..
He will be petrified following my 2nd son being still born that something will happen. Fir this reason we haven't told him yet x

The first time around I was petrified to tell my work - turned out my boss was a bit of a bitch about it, so that fear was warranted.

This time around I was most nervous to tell my mum. I'm not even sure why as she is probably the most excited. I just felt like a dolt!

I was uncomfortable telling my dad, but not as uncomfortable as my DH was! The hardest person to tell for me was my boss. We have a four-person team - one of them just quit, another is moving, and then I had to have the "I'm going to need maternity leave" conversation. Tough! But, she was very supportive.

My dad....he refused to even come to our wedding so we aren't on the best terms but I would still like him to be part of his grandchild's life.

Telling my mom is going to be the toughest. She has been dealing with depression and negative emotions since losing my dad to lung cancer in 2009 and then losing her son, my half brother (who was at least 20 years older than me), to leukemia this year. She had always been super involved in my life and when she passed judgement on my SO she stopped coming around or really speaking to me. She overthinks and has bad anxiety and I just don't see her being happy for me. I'm also afraid it will make her even more depressed but I only feel it is right of me to share the news with her before we make it public to everyone, regardless of how she is going to react.

Next in line is my boss. I just don't want her to consider replacing me or look at me differently just because I'm pregnant and I hope I will be granted maternity leave. I don't want it to become an inconvenience to her or my coworkers and I really like my job.

This time will be my brother and sister in law. They lost their little bundle on Christmas Day at 11 weeks. So scared to tell them x

My work. I only started there on the 2nd of Jan and I'm super awkward at conversations like this. I'm praying they keep me on as I will be telling them 5 weeks into my 4 month probation :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->