Who will you see at Christmas??

wtbmummy

Reaction score
I'm just curious about how many people will be seeing other people other than people in their household over Christmas holidays???

Can be on any of the days just curious,
Who do you spend Christmas with each year???

Just us at home this year for the first time. My MIL will be popping over briefly to see the children.
On boxing day we are seeing my family.

We always go to my mums for xmas, this year we will only be going late afternoon as i dont want too much stress (have a newborn,2 & 3 year old) so its alot easier in our own house.
Boxing day we see OH side of the family for a party.

We have always stayed home since having the kids. OHS mum ( and maybe dad, sometimes sister and her boyfriend, though they haven't been round the last couple years. ) pop round in the morning. My mum and brother come round in the afternoon. We usualy see my aunties, cousins and nan at some point in the week before or after. That's it.

Christmas Day us four, plus BIL and SIL

Boxing Day at my parent shop so us four, mum, dad, sister, Nan.

Day after boxing at MIL depends who is and isn't back to work

Christmas Eve we go to my BIL and SILs house in the late afternoon/early evening. Christmas Day is spent at home with just our little family. My parents live 3.5 hours away. We used to alternate years going to see them but since DS was born, we stay home. My husband usually wants to go visit his brother on Christmas day as well but I kind of put my foot down. We see them Christmas Eve, if they want to see is Christmas day, they can drive to us (we live less than 10 minutes from each other).

For my parents and DHs other brother (they live in the same town), we alternate staying home and going back for Thanksgiving in November. The years where we are home, my parents will drive out for a weekend in December to see us but usually not over Christmas day...They want to be home and I don't blame them! I'm in the States and we don't have Boxing Day so that's never an issue.

This is the first year it'll just be us at home on Xmas day. Boxing day we're going to the in-laws for the day. My parents only live round the corner so I'll be seeing them sometime too.

Just the 3 of us christmas eve and christmas day. My mum is visiting boxing day. We then visit both of my nan's on the 27th and then spend the evening of the 27th and the 28th with my dad. That's it from a family perspective (small family and husband's family live abroad).

We are seeing some friends on the 29th and going out with another group of friends for a new years day lunch.

Christmas day we will have our own family plus my mum for lunch.
Mum, dad bro and gf all call in am to see whatbkids got
MIL and FIL will call in am
My granda will also call to see what kids have got

We then go to MIL for boxing day (wud prefere not to) for buffet tea and will also have my dad for dinner sometime between christmas and new year

The only people we will see is our elderly neighbours, who are good friends. We will see them on Christmas day, but we don't have family near us, his are in another state and mine are on the other side of the world. we like it quiet though!!

Christmas Eve dd and I go to my aunts for her families Christmas so I'll see aunt, uncle, my 3 cousins and their spouses and cousins daughter. My mom and dad usually pop in too. We all live in the same neighborhood within walking distance.

Christmas Day is spent is at my parents with my sister and her 3 kids. My parents come over to my house first to see dd when she opens Santa and then we go over to theirs for the rest of the day. Usually my aunt from the up the street and my aunt who lives across the street will pop in to see everyone.

Just us four for the 3 days, second year we've done this, we love it, when we lived near family we found it stressful getting around all our family with hyper boys who just want to play with their toys. We go to family over New Years instead now.

Will be going to my parents on 23rd . Girls will go out with their dad , nanny , aunties , uncles and cousins Christmas Eve. Christmas Day we are going to my sisters parent in laws so will see them, my sister, her bf and my niece and my sisters bil, wife and daughter.

We're visiting my family this year. We live in ni and family in England so we don't see them very often. It'll just be my parents on Christmas day but doing a big family buffet on boxing day :) I'm so excited! I haven't seen my sister since December and my brother Aug 2015!

I saw my mum at the weekend which doesn't technically fall under the Christmas period but it is a tradition to have a meal in December, exchange presents and we all wear Christmas jumpers. My mum and dh don't speak to each other, her doing, so that's as close to the festivities as she gets.
This year we have Mil, BIL and sil coming on Christmas day, but usually we would see them Christmas eve and/or boxing day.

Usually the nieces and nephews would be involved as well but as they are all heading into/already well into adulthood they are often doing their own thing

Just my mum, on Christmas Day. Other than that it's just us x

My Mum, Dad and two sisters will come over Christmas day. Other than that it's just us lot.

My FIL comes to stay on Christmas Eve, so it's us 4 plus FIL when we wake up in the morning. My mum and dad come round for breakfast and to see what santa brought the kids. MIL comes round to bring presents late morning.
We then go to my mum and dads for tea where we will also see my sister.
Boxing day it will just be the kids and my mum as OH, dad and FIL are at the football.
27th we will see OH'S aunty and cousins and their kids as it's FIL's birthday and are all going for a meal.

we are going to my BILs X2 for Christmas this year with my FIL, so that will be fun. The day after we come back we are going to my Moms for a Christmas there, on the 31st we are having out Christmas dinner so we will see my dad and my sister then. and on the 1st we are going to my MILs for another Christmas dinner, so we will see my MIL SFIL my BIL and my SIL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->