Whooping cough jab

Purplehippo

Reaction score
Have mine tonight really not looking forward to it :cry:

You'll be fine babe. My arm ached for a few days but that was really about it. Had it done at 4pm and it started aching about 9pm x

It's nothing.

I've got a bruise one week on but that's because the nurse was brutal.

I really need to ask the midwife about mine next time I'm in... it hasn't been mentioned yet!

Sarah, I would mention it yeah. It might be its something that your surgery doesnt offer but worth an ask!

You will be fine :) Mine hurt for a few days, I did also get a cold but I already had a bit of one when I had jab done x

I have a feeling my m/w will lump this one on me next time I see her - for the flu jab she just popped to the nurse in the next room over and they bushwacked me there and then :lol:

Is it horrendous? Or just like everything else?

Just like everything else, wasnt anywhere close as bad as I thought it was going to be. Seriously, think of what we have to go through in a few months time! The whooping cough injection is NOTHING compared to what we have to come!!

I got mine monday at 5 im scared tbf :(

I had mine yesterday, barely even noticed she had stuck it in.
It did itch a bit about 10 mins later but thays it so far.
I took lo in with me so he could see theres nothing to it as hes got his boosters in a few weeks so he was calling me a big brave girl :) all he cared about was he got a sticker off the nurse :)
its a little achey today but thats mostly because lo lent on it trying to fly off the edge of the sofa.

It isn't sore at all, you'll be fine. I thought she was just about to put it in then it was done :haha:
My arm felt heavy a little while after and is still a bit sore when I lean on it a few days later.
I would get it on the side you don't sleep on. I got it on my left arm as I'm right-handed but I sleep on my left side and can barely get to sleep now :haha:

mine hurt too, the actual injection was fine but a couple of hours after my arm was aching... it will get better - mine was more achey than anything, though the next day I had my bottom lip out too ... big hugs xx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

A really odd thing has happened on my opposite arm I have a ring of pin pricks appear bit like the jab you have to check ammunity to tb !!!

You should try having a CVS. It soon got me over my fear of injections!

Very sore afterwards id a huge lump on my arm the size of a large Apple for days just to let you know that they said that's normal x

Had mine on Wed, and although the injection itself wasn't atall painful, my arm is still killing me! So tender....

Pleased I had it on the side I don't sleep on!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->