Whopping cough and flu vaccines

It might be worth her just asking her midwife about it. I'm not sure why mine said they wouldn't advise getting it before 12 weeks but I just assumed that it had something to do with how unpredictable the first trimester is. Baby's much more susceptible to environmental factors during that time and I know a lot of people suffer reactions from flu jabs. :shrug:

At my drs you can get it before 12 weeks.

I've had the flu once before and it was one of the worst experiences of my life illness wise I would hate to catch it whilst pregnant.

Had both flu and whooping done today. Left arm was flu jab, no pain after. Right arm whooping and its pretty sore like its really bruised. doc showed me lots of written stuff on her screen to show that the whooping cough and flu vaccine are completely safe. The only reason whooping is not clinically tested is because its the same as any medication, they wont test on pregnant ladies but its used all over the world and there has been no evidence of it being unsafe. I really advise you get both done, my doc couldnt stress enough how important it is.

I am by nature someone who avoids chemicals wherever possible so when I look at an ingredients list of vaccine and see formaldehyde amongst other things listed my immediate reaction is to be wary. Also, with the whooping cough vaccine I'm concerned because there is no clinical data regarding the safety of it's use during pregnancy.

I haven't ever had a flu vaccine and I've been fortunate enough to not catch flu so I have to question how necessary it is. Thankfully I have a long time to consider the options but will be watching the thread closely. xx

Just wanted to let you know the formaldehyde is in tiny trace amount that are less then what your own body has naturally present . If you actually research all the "scary " chemicals they say are in vaccines and look at what they actually are and what other things they are routinely in they art scary anymore . It's a bunch of propaganda that people make ten seem bad

I only don't get the flu shot because it's seems a waste of my time . We practice good hygiene in our house , eat well , take vitamins and are rarely sick. Only time I've had the flu is after I got the swine flu shot because it wa required to visit mySO because he was having chemo and that was the only time I got the flu

Thank you dream.dream. I have an appointment with my midwife on Tuesday and I'm planning on speaking to my pharmacist about both vaccines - I have a good relationship with him and trust him to be honest and frank with me.

My friend who recently had her baby had the whooping cough vaccine and she's more anti-chemical than I am, I'll speak to her about it too because I know she put alot of research into everything :)

Recently we had a 3 week old baby die due to whooping cough...incentive enough for me.

I am by nature someone who avoids chemicals wherever possible so when I look at an ingredients list of vaccine and see formaldehyde amongst other things listed my immediate reaction is to be wary. Also, with the whooping cough vaccine I'm concerned because there is no clinical data regarding the safety of it's use during pregnancy.

I haven't ever had a flu vaccine and I've been fortunate enough to not catch flu so I have to question how necessary it is. Thankfully I have a long time to consider the options but will be watching the thread closely. xx

Just wanted to let you know the formaldehyde is in tiny trace amount that are less then what your own body has naturally present . If you actually research all the "scary " chemicals they say are in vaccines and look at what they actually are and what other things they are routinely in they art scary anymore . It's a bunch of propaganda that people make ten seem bad

I only don't get the flu shot because it's seems a waste of my time . We practice good hygiene in our house , eat well , take vitamins and are rarely sick. Only time I've had the flu is after I got the swine flu shot because it wa required to visit mySO because he was having chemo and that was the only time I got the flu

Do you go out at all during cold/flu season? You make it sound like that it all can be prevented by the bold. It also makes it sound like if someone catches the flu that they don't have good hygiene. I assure you we have good hygiene so it was not OUR fault that dd caught the flu.

Hey hey! I'm a nurse who just got trained to do the influenza clinics this year! So this stuff is all fresh in my mind.

In Canada, it is also recommended for pregnant women at any stage!! And to those healthcare workers and hospital workers, you are the most important people to be immunized. Yes you may rarely get sick but you can easily transmit to others that are already immunosuppressed.

Thanks to those that debunked some myths before re: ingredients etc. being past 12 weeks...

Yes you may still catch the flu but the vaccine is 70-90% effective for the strands it's designed for.

Do you go out at all during cold/flu season? You make it sound like that it all can be prevented by the bold. It also makes it sound like if someone catches the flu that they don't have good hygiene. I assure you we have good hygiene so it was not OUR fault that dd caught the flu.

I am sure the poster didnt mean what you're assuming but good hygiene does REDUCE the spread to others etc!

At the end of the day it is a droplet spread so obviously good hand hygiene isn't a cure but it does help dramatically!!

I will probably get my whooping cough vaccine but not flu....at the min im undecided regarding flu vaccines.....I am a radiographer and I know I'm at higher risk but I think it's important to remember that it is a choice

If I didn't work where I work I wouldn't even consider the flu vaccine. Il make my decision before November....at the min I'm thinking no

Iv had the flu jab today...did you get invited for the whooping cough one? Iv never heard of it? xx

I had a chat with with my pharmacist today and I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to have the flu vaccine. I have a long time before I need to make a decision on the whooping cough vaccine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->