Who's eaten their placenta?

xsadiex

Reaction score
I'm thinking of eating it/getting it encapsulated as if the health benefits are true, I think that would be pretty cool and if not - it won't harm me?

Have any of you guys done it? Would love to hear experiences and if you felt the benefit!
Thanks x

I will be having mine encapsulated. I have heard nothing but great things.

Do you mind sharing - what are the benefits of this?? :flower:

The placenta is the most amazing organ our bodies create. It sustains and grows life inside the womb; nourishing, protecting and comforting our babies.
And when the placenta is born, its job isn't finished yet. Your placenta was created specifically for you so it becomes the perfect "medicine" to help heal you after pregnancy and childbirth.
The placenta is full of vitamins, minerals and enzymes as well as many beneficial hormones:
Gonadotrophin: the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone
Prolactin: main hormone to*produce milk
Oxytocin: helps with pain and bonding; produced during breastfeeding to facilitate bonding of mother and infant; helps shrink uterus back to normal size
Cortisone: combats stress and*boosts energy
Interferon: stimulates the immune system to protect against infections
Prostaglandins: anti-inflammatory
Hemoglobin: replenishes iron deficiency and anemia
Urokinase inhibiting factor and factor XIII: stops bleeding and encourages healing
Gammaglobulin: immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections
Corticotropin-Releasing Hormone:*reduces stress*(postpartum women have a less than average amount of corticotropin-releasing hormone).
Some benefits of taking encapsulated placenta are:
increase in energy
assists the uterus in returning to normal size
increase in mental clarity
hormone stabilizer
may help in the prevention of PPD
increase in breastmilk
milk often comes in quicker
shorter postpartum bleed
can aid in better sleep

The benefits do sound amazing, it saddens/confuses me that many mainstream doctors say there is no proper proof so say it's a complete waste of time.

I think I'm going to go for it, whether it works or not I'd love to tell my self I tried, who would want to miss out on that list of benefits anyway! I get scared of post partum depression as I have had a little bit of depression on and off for quite a bit of my life, although not really for the past two years.

My mum stir fried hers. Said it was the best thing she ever tasted.

Eww, no lets put it in a pie :happydance: then feed it to unsuspecting relatives :devil: seriously though it doesn't sound bad in capsules, I'll ask someone when I'm expecting. Won't mention it to dear darling though it may make him ill :haha:

I'm thinking about encapsulating, but don't know if anyone offers it here. I will ask the MW when I go for my appointment on Thursday. Hopefully they know of someone. I wouldn't eat it not in a capsule and wouldn't do it myself.

I haven't but I plan to next time. I'd like to offer this to clients as well, if they want it. I could do with building up my biceps ;)

I am going to have a placenta smoothie straight after birth then encapsulate it

I was thinking of having a smoothie too, I wonder how that would taste, surely it would taste weird however much fruit you put in, as long as it's not disgusting...

I don't think I could outright eat it but I am def looking into encapsulating it.

Sorry to sound naive but what does it mean when you say you will have it "encapsulated"?
The benefits sound great, and hats off to you for doing it. Not sure I could do it myself though :)

Probably that it gets put in capsules to swallow and digest so you don't have to think to much about it :wacko:

i really want to get it encapsulated unfortunatly we dont' have the extra funds sitting around :(
I know the benefits ARE great. And especially given my chronic low milk supply issue the last time (due to IGT and stupid hospital routines :cry:), being anemic (had PICA), and post partum thyroiditis, i really think this would do me well! ....besides we are the only animals that DONT practise this...so you'd think we should :dohh:

Sorry to sound naive but what does it mean when you say you will have it "encapsulated"?
The benefits sound great, and hats off to you for doing it. Not sure I could do it myself though :)

it means you put your placenta through a process to get it to fit into those tiny "plastic" capsules that some herbs/meds come in :D Then you just take some each day and dont have to stomach the thought of actually eating your placenta lol

it means you put your placenta through a process to get it to fit into those tiny "plastic" capsules that some herbs/meds come in :D Then you just take some each day and dont have to stomach the thought of actually eating your placenta lol

Oh wow, I had no idea that was possible. I can understand why some people would do that. Must be costly though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->