Who's going to brave the crowds for black friday

Scout

Reaction score
I wasn't going to, but dang it there are some good sales on a few things I want to get for daughter. I will admit that I love the crowds and the excitement of it all, and it's the start of the holiday season!!! I just wish we could go back a few years where everything started around 5am on Friday and not 5pm on Thursday. Anyway, yay!! I'm ready for it all to start. Ready to get Thanksgiving over so I can decorate for Christmas!

If i had someone to watch the kids i would!! i have never been to a black Friday sale and weirdly i want to see how crazy it is and maybe catch a few good deals lol

I don't get anywhere when the doors first open; I think that's when it's the craziest as people rush in. I remember one year my sister wanted me to go to ToysRus to pick up something for one of her kids and the check out line was wrapped all the way around the store. That was awful. It took FOREVER to check out. The smart people brought a partner with them who got in line with a cart, and then the other person shopped and brought the stuff back to person already in line.

No way, I can't be doing with that kind of stress :haha:

I prefer online shopping. Guaranteed to get something then :haha:

You and me both. Plus with sales starting actually on Thanksgiving day now around here I'd rather not support businesses that stay open and make employees work rather than spend time with their families. I've done the Friday sales before and I've found that for the most part I can get comparable prices online anyway. Sometimes I'll wait til later in the day and go then, usually by the afternoon the stores are empty and I still get some good deals.

Amazon black friday only for me x

You and me both. Plus with sales starting actually on Thanksgiving day now around here I'd rather not support businesses that stay open and make employees work rather than spend time with their families. I've done the Friday sales before and I've found that for the most part I can get comparable prices online anyway. Sometimes I'll wait til later in the day and go then, usually by the afternoon the stores are empty and I still get some good deals.

I HATE that stores are open on Thanksgiving! A few years back it wasn't that way and black Friday was so much better. I go out on Friday still and last year even the mall wasn't so crowded bc, I guess, everyone came on Thursday (or got there at midnight when most other stores opened). I've never done online at black Friday. Maybe I'll try it this year.

We did last year and it wasn't busy at all in Solihull.... will pop in after the school run but I'm not queueing to get anything.

Probably look on Amazon online, won't be going out though, got my twins c section booked on the 8 December so this year it's a big no-no

I don't get anywhere when the doors first open; I think that's when it's the craziest as people rush in. I remember one year my sister wanted me to go to ToysRus to pick up something for one of her kids and the check out line was wrapped all the way around the store. That was awful. It took FOREVER to check out. The smart people brought a partner with them who got in line with a cart, and then the other person shopped and brought the stuff back to person already in line.

This is totally what we do, lol. We usually bring MIL, who hates looking for the stuff throughout the store, so she holds our spot in the checkout line while we go find everything and bring it to her to hold in line. Works really well, actually:thumbup: We'll definitely we out Thursday night and Friday, can't wait! I love Black Friday shopping!

My mum lives in Canada and has done the Black Friday in the U.S. (Boston where my aunt lives) for years, she says it's crazy and nothing like the UK. She bought me a $900 laptop for $70 one year, a $500 camcorder for $120 another (this was 8+ years ago) Can't say I'll be out, I'll have a look online but I'm done for everyone bar dh so no pressure. People are crazy!

Might have a browse online but as for actually going to the shops, no chance lol!!

We are going to New York next week so will be there for Black Friday. A lot of stores seem to be opening up Thanksgiving afternoon. I am not sure my DH will be happy if I drag him shopping on those days :haha:

Not me. I don't do crowds and I'm practically done anyway. Anything I bought in the sale would just be for the sake of it

That being said now asda aren't participating in not sure how many stores here actually do take part

Got it narrowed down to 2 stores for Black Friday...ToysRUs and Kohls, and then to the mall. Actually, I think I read that Kohls will have their stuff online beginning Monday...has anyone heard that? I'm after a Fitbit Zip for my aunt and they will have it marked down to $39. That's all I want from Kohls so I hate to go out there for just the one thing. Plus, they share a parking lot with Target so I'm sure parking will be a nightmare.

This is totally what we do, lol. We usually bring MIL, who hates looking for the stuff throughout the store, so she holds our spot in the checkout line while we go find everything and bring it to her to hold in line. Works really well, actually:thumbup: We'll definitely we out Thursday night and Friday, can't wait! I love Black Friday shopping!

Are you an all night shopper?? I ran into a few of those last year. I went into Belk and a girl was laying on one of the fake beds while her mom checked out. LOL No way I could/would do that!! I"m usually up by 5am and at the mall by 5:30 and home by 9am LOL This year, though, going to ToysRUs first, not sure what time I'll get started. Wonder if the Thursday evening crowd dies down thru the night?

No way! It's madness. I'd rather pay full price for things, and avoid being squashed. :haha: X

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->