Who's going to brave the crowds for black friday

I don't get anywhere when the doors first open; I think that's when it's the craziest as people rush in. I remember one year my sister wanted me to go to ToysRus to pick up something for one of her kids and the check out line was wrapped all the way around the store. That was awful. It took FOREVER to check out. The smart people brought a partner with them who got in line with a cart, and then the other person shopped and brought the stuff back to person already in line.

This is totally what we do, lol. We usually bring MIL, who hates looking for the stuff throughout the store, so she holds our spot in the checkout line while we go find everything and bring it to her to hold in line. Works really well, actually:thumbup: We'll definitely we out Thursday night and Friday, can't wait! I love Black Friday shopping!

Are you an all night shopper?? I ran into a few of those last year. I went into Belk and a girl was laying on one of the fake beds while her mom checked out. LOL No way I could/would do that!! I"m usually up by 5am and at the mall by 5:30 and home by 9am LOL This year, though, going to ToysRUs first, not sure what time I'll get started. Wonder if the Thursday evening crowd dies down thru the night?

No, we have such a good shopping system after all these years that it only takes a few hours Thursday, then we go home to sleep, and go back out Friday just for fun casual shopping. We try to get all the major deals Thursday night, which is usually trips to Wal-Mart, target, kohls, and toysrus. Then we do the mall Friday.

I don't think I dare, shopping stresses me out at the best of times without all the extra crowds! :haha:

My mom and I go shopping every year...we never have a must have it item that we are shopping for. Instead we pick something we would like to get that doesn't have a huge line (like hot wheel cars, or board games LOL), and get those. Then we make our way around the stores and go just pick up things we find that we want.

Its more fun to go and watch all the crazy people that go to insane circumstances to get one specific item. Last year my mom, nephew, niece and I watched two guys get arrested for trying to jump the line into Target, and then they proceed to punch the cops arresting them. That was entertaining...and it was all over a freaking TV!

I will probably do online Black friday shopping. My husband works Weekends and I don't drive and Don't live close to the malls, so online is going to have to do :)

Good god nooooo I'm just glad I'm not working it lol online only here x

I'm going to the US shoppoing on black friday (I live in canada). Wish me luck!

Not quite Christmas related, but do you think childs car seats will be on any black Friday deals?? Got to get two for my girls....thing is I need to try them in our car first!

Not quite Christmas related, but do you think childs car seats will be on any black Friday deals?? Got to get two for my girls....thing is I need to try them in our car first!

Idk. My best guess would be yes. I checked out the car seat .org blog and it said that lots of stores are already putting them on sale.

I suppose it's different in the states, i get the impression they are all going home with ultra 4k 52 inch tvs for 29.99 ahah.

Meanwhile in the uk, The disney store has 20 percent off.... but not on star wars stuff haha. Or you can go on Amazon and get 20 quid off a kindle haha.

The whole thing looks like it brings out the worst in people; but I can only judge based on the way the media reports it over here, and it just looks a bit crazy :/ didn't people actually die one year?! :/ I don't need a tv that much ! haha.

I can only imagine it's like the boxing day next sale on a massive scale, and they are full of lunatics. Lunatics and me. haha

I've decided I can't miss online shopping, so I might be online at like 1am hunting for bargains :haha:

I don't, I might have for the kids if they kept it to Friday, but I take a philosophical stand against them starting black Friday on Thursday, just to make an extra buck or two... Not that they will miss my money!

Not really I've spent enough :haha:

Only place I will be going to is Baby Gap in my town as last year they had 50% off so hoping for the same this year!

I'm only going to one place, and that's old navy. My sil asked me to go with her, apparently it's not too bad on Friday as they start their sales om Thursday. It'll be my first time actually going out on black Friday, as I'm not a fan of crowds, especially when they couldn't give two shits about running into you to get $5 pajama pants or something.

Some deals might be appealing, but not worth the crowds!

I'm only going to one place, and that's old navy. My sil asked me to go with her, apparently it's not too bad on Friday as they start their sales om Thursday. It'll be my first time actually going out on black Friday, as I'm not a fan of crowds, especially when they couldn't give two shits about running into you to get $5 pajama pants or something.

Some deals might be appealing, but not worth the crowds!

I went out last year on Friday and I didn't think it was crowded at all. I remember telling my mom that I suppose everyone got their shopping done on Thursday because the mall was just like any other day. Call me crazy, but I missed the crowds. I hate that it all opens on Thursday. But if you don't like crowds, I'd think you'd be okay going on Friday this year.

well, we went out Thursday from 6pm-midnight, lol. Crowds were nuts, deals were great, it was a blast. Pretty much everything we bought was at least 50% off, some as much as 75% off. LOVE the deals. How'd everyone do?

I wasn't impressed! I ordered one of my gifts online on Thurs morning and it was a good deal (I still need to pick it up!) And then I went out on Friday morning and only got one gift that was on sale half off. The other things I bought at ToysRUs weren't on sale :( I did, however, buy myself a new shower curtain and bathroom rug that were 65% off :) I got dd some pj's at gymboree for $10 and 2 pair of lined leggings for $6. I thought that was a good deal, but it's not for Christmas. And I didn't get into any big crowds or long lines bc, evidently, everyone shopped Thursday. I missed it, tbh. I like the hustle and bustle of it all

Edit: almost forgot...Daughter always has to go in Barnes and Noble when we go to the mall bc she likes to play with their train table, and lo and behold, they had buy one get on half off on all their toys! I had no idea. So, I got dd a cranky the crane for the train table I made her for Christmas and then I got my cousin's daughter a Gyrobotic thingy (she's into building robots). Was so happy to get both those things!!

I love how parking for 2 hours was £9 in my local city.. haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->