Who's had a dating scan at 6 weeks?

indigoskies

Reaction score
Hi ladies, so originally I was going to wait until 8 weeks for my dating scan. But I'm so anxious that I decided I will do it at 6 weeks, the day before my DH leaves for a business trip.

How many of you had a scan at 6 weeks? Right on 6 weeks, not closer to 7. I'll be 6 weeks 1 day when I have this scan (based off my dates) and wondering if I should just suck it up and wait. If I don't see the embryo/bubba im going to be super stressed!

I had one yesterday at 6+4 and was warned that we would probably only see a sac. We actually saw baby with beating heart, but in my previous pregnancy we saw very little at 6 weeks.
It must be very different in the UK as our dating scans aren't until 12 weeks. They couldn't give me definite dates yesterday because pea is just too tiny. They just said 6+ weeks
Good luck with whatever you decide, but please remember that every day makes such a huge huge difference at this stage.

I was 6 weeks 1 day with my scan, we saw the little bean with a heart beat of 124 beats per minute.

If you can, I personally would advise waiting another week. I had to have one at 6w 5d and the result was kind of borderline and vague. My doctors weren't sure if one of my twins would make it. I had to go back the next week for another scan. It caused me a lot of worry for nothing. I wish they had done it later in the first place to give things a chance to develop. I just see a lot of ladies on here getting worried about their early scan results.

If you can I would wait.
I had mine at 6 weeks and it turned out I ovulated late and was only 5 weeks 3 days and only saw a yolk sac but the tech didn't take late ovulation into consideration and my doctor ended up calling me telling me since there was no baby it might be a blighted ovum or failing pregnancy. It's worried me so badly and I still don't go back for my follow up until the 4th almost a month later. Good thing is we found the heartbeat with the Doppler so I'm not worried anymore.

But my advice would be to wait.

Ok thanks everyone. I think I will force myself to wait. I just realised this would be even earlier than the scan I had with my son which was at 6+5. I'm just going to have to wait!!

It's different for everyone I think. I had my first scan today at exactly 6 weeks and we saw our perfect bean and the heartbeat. I needed this scan to keep sane. I was too worried after previous losses. I think knowing the exact date of implantation since we did ivf. Otherwise you're just guessing on ovulation and implantation dates and might not be as far along as you think.
Do whatever will cause the least stress for you ;).

My dr told me to go at 5weeks 4days, only saw sac, said all looked normal. Im going back next week at 6 weeks 6days so hopefully will see a baby!

Whatever will be will be. I'm staying positive!!!

Here they wont do it til 7 weeks+ and my dh goes on a trip for two weeks that day so ill have to wait til 9 weeks and hope i dont mc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->