Who's job is it to sort Mother's Day?

Dad's job. If the couple split amicably I would still expect the Dad to do it, but if there was a bad split I think Grandparents would probably take it on x

I do something for my mum and MIL from LO, though this year OH has gone traditional with chocolates and a card, as well as LO's gift, because apparently MIL and FIL haven't been happy with what I thought were thoughtful gifts and handmade cards by LO :dohh:

My OH gets me something 'from' Rory, and we're all going out to Pizza Express this year, because he has a voucher. :haha: He'd probably carry on if we split, as I would. If I got nothing though and we were separated it wouldn't bug me too much.

It should be the dad's. My mum does it from Connor x

Dad's job. If the couple split amicably I would still expect the Dad to do it, but if there was a bad split I think Grandparents would probably take it on x

^^ This exactly. Although sometimes my mum likes to buy me cards from the kids for Mother's Day to so I end up with two sets lol xx

I usually get a card and little gift from FOB and a little something from my mum. I'd never expect my mum to get me something but she always does!

Dads job to sort Mothers Day
Mums job to sort Fathers Day!
That's how we do it in our house. :)
Hubby buys his mums card, I buy my mums card.

I think it should be the dad's job to sort it :)

I make sure fathers day is sorted.
Hubby makes sure Mothers day is sorted.
I buy for my mum/dad
Hubby buys for his mum/dad

if we split, I would still make sure fathers day was sorted.

OH sorts card/present to me from the girls. Makes breakfast in bed with them for me etc.

I sort out my own Mum and MIL. I'd happily just sort my Mum if i thought OH would sort out his Mom with more than a card he would hand over 2 days later :haha:

Its just easier if i sort them!

I get nothing. FOB didn't even remember without me hinting when we were together so he definitely doesn't and never has now we're not. I don't really expect my Mum or anyone else to either, when my LO's are old enough I'm sure they'll make up for it :winkwink:

When the child is too young to do it themselves (ie. make a card in nursery), then I personally wouldn't expect or want anything at all.

Once the child is old enough and makes a card / present, I personally think that's all that's required and it's no-ones job to do anything else.

I would never expect my husband to buy or do anything for mothers day, he doesn't expect me to do anything for fathers day. My MIL found it rather odd and brought me a card and chocolates last year as DH didn't do it lol

As for buying for the MIL, we do it together. Just a box of chocolates when out shopping anyway. As you can probably tell, it's not a big thing in this house.

Dh sorts mother's day and I sort father's day.
My mum died a couple of years ago but dh sorts out something himself for his mother - I'm afraid there is no way I would go it. She is his mum, not mine, and I am still grieving for my own mum. Organising a card etc for mil would be too hard for me.

I'm not a huge fan of holidays like mother's/father's day, as I feel it's better to show appreciation all the time. It's up to my husband to choose if he's going to sort out something for me and I won't be disappointed if he doesn't.

As far as our parents go, we usually just pick up a couple cards. I'll probably start including baby pictures with my mom's, now.

If we were split up, I wouldn't expect anything, unless my son were to make something himself.

Me and FOB aren't together anymore but he made a mothers day card for me with Ivy, she was so excited about it she gave it to me last weekend :haha: I was really touched by that, it was very thoughtful of him. I don't expect anything else tho, don't really think of it as an actual holiday.

Dad's and I sort DH on Father's Day, I haven't thought otherwise.

I have to sort my MIL out though lol.

I think its dads job.
Im not with FOB anymore, but if he didn't bother when we were together he sure wont now. My mum will buy me one though :)

Tbh, if I got nothing, I would be a little gutted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->