Why am I getting so many false positives?! :(

mrshazard94

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Getting very frustrated Ive been taking tests and on most getting ridiculously faint lines for a week now. No progression but definite lines. it’s so disheartening :(

Any one reccomend any tests to use that don’t give false lines?!

I’ve used -Asda own, freedom (from Asda), clear and simple from wilko, Superdrug own, frer, Lloyds pharmacy own and one step internet cheapies over the past week I’ve had multiple lines on all these tests but nothing is progressing at all so can only put it down to false positives. Has any one experienced this?

Really appreciate any input

Here’s a test from today, I’m struggling to picture it but the line is defo there and was well within the time limit. A17B85AF-6DD7-4AD7-9D1B-FD7B4BCD456C.jpg

Well, i just commented on your tww thread, then came in here and found this one too! I definitely saw it on the pic you shared in tww.

Since your cycles are irregular, it is possible that your HCG will take a bit longer to build up? I have read countless stories of women who are pregnant but don't get that bold beautiful + sign.

I would get a First Response test personally, since you are having trouble with the others. Good luck hun!

I’ve gotten so many false positives and chemicals (there IS a difference) I likely wouldn’t even trust an ultrasound

its so draining isn't it :( I know its not chemical because no period so defo agree with there being a difference! I did some research and found that ovarian cysts can cause false positives, I have previously had a scan before my getting pregnant with my DD and was told I have mild PCOS so maybe this is why I get them, guess ill never know. my husband and I have tonight decided to go to NTNP as its ridiculously stressful getting lines but no progression and them meaning nothing at all!

I have had loads of convincing indents on FRER before, but even when super faint I find there isn’t any mistaking an early positive on one of those because they’re so pink even if they are really faint. But that’s just my experience with them.
I have had one or two false positives on One Step ICs and plenty on Cassanovum ICs, the latter being absolutely awful imo. Each time I had false pink lines on those I wouldn’t see so much as a hint of anything on anything else.
I would say CB digi are pretty reliable, although useless for really early testing most of the time. Bluecross I found give shadows a lot, but there’s quite a difference between shadows and an early positive.
Do you think it’s possible you’re seeing where a positive would be, where your pee washes over the strip making it look like a false positive initially? Or are they lasting lines?
Personally I found One Step, Bluecross and FRER most reliable once I knew the difference between faint positives and meaningless shadows. Lloyd’s were also good for me too, as were Superdrug own early, but they discontinued them

yeah I know what you mean. They are there very visible and colour too but just very faint and non progressive. Its a shame but more frustrating that I don't know why I get the lines. guess I will just have to wait it out but not going to test until I feel REALLY pregnant. my sickness usually like clock work at 6 weeks so im going to wait for that I think next time! :) x

If it's a true bfp then I'd take a frer. If frer is bfn then I'd assume the test is a false positive. If both are bfp but no progression then get to your dr to be checked out.

If it's a true bfp then I'd take a frer. If frer is bfn then I'd assume the test is a false positive. If both are bfp but no progression then get to your dr to be checked out.

This! Don't just ignore it if u get a bfp and no progression. There's always the possibility of ectopic. Better to be safe than sorry. Fingers crossed for u xx

yeah I know what you mean. They are there very visible and colour too but just very faint and non progressive. Its a shame but more frustrating that I don't know why I get the lines. guess I will just have to wait it out but not going to test until I feel REALLY pregnant. my sickness usually like clock work at 6 weeks so im going to wait for that I think next time! :) x

If you’re consistently getting faint lines on all tests you try, I think I would mention this to my doctor. Also, do you test at another point in your cycle when you know for certain you definitely wouldn’t be pregnant? Just wondering if you get the same results then too

Yeah I might make an appointment!

Unfortunately I have very irregular periods to the point they can be somewhat non existent. If I get a period I will for sure test to see what comes up!

Eptopic crossed my mind but I’m not having any other symptoms of it and if I got to the dr and they do a test I’d assume as they aren’t as sensitive it may show nothing which at that point they would likely say it’s nothing anyway!

Yeah I might make an appointment!

Unfortunately I have very irregular periods to the point they can be somewhat non existent. If I get a period I will for sure test to see what comes up!

Eptopic crossed my mind but I’m not having any other symptoms of it and if I got to the dr and they do a test I’d assume as they aren’t as sensitive it may show nothing which at that point they would likely say it’s nothing anyway!

Obviously not to scare you but with my ectopic in November I had no symptoms whatso ever not until my tube actually burst in 2 places and caused internal bleeding. One of my worries with that pregnancy early on was non progressing tests. I'd go to the doctors anyway and ask for bloods. Tell them you've had several bfps and still no period. Better to be safe than sorry xx

I’ll give them a call tomorrow and get an appointment :) thank you for sharing with me I really appreciate it xx

If you show them your tests and say as above, you have been having positive tests but without progression, then they should offer you a beta. This is what I did a while ago after getting tests which progressed a little then disappeared then reappeared after bleeding, just to be sure

5E1AD24D-47B9-472D-BE80-95A1673BC209.jpg

Did another this morning, I was thinking maybe it’s just he tests but I feel like it’s a bit darker this morning so maybe there is something wrong with me. I might ring drs later this morning I’ve got a head ache and feel a bit sick so just gonna lie down. You know when your not in the mood to listen to someone being dismissive to what your saying... have a feeling that’s what the phone call will be like my drs aren’t the most helpful unfortunately

It does look a little darker this morn good luck with the drs hun I no mine are the same and sometimes I feel I don't want to go because of that, but I would ring them hun get checked best to be safe than sorry, you take care xx

Thank you, Im getting my husband to ring just for advice that way I don't have to deal with them being horrible. xx

so my husband rang the drs told them about the tests. they put him on hold and said a line is a line leave it a little while and do another one to see if its any darker. you know the thing I've been doing FOR THE PAST WEEK which is what he told them.

Awww hun I hate when they don't listen :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->