why am I so jealous of a politicians wife FFS!

Decemberbride

First baby due May 2011
Reaction score
Just looked on the bbc website as I normally do and David Camerons wife is pregnant - good for her I think but then it said due September ... and I just welled up! People who are 12 weeks are going to start coming out the woodwork now annoucing their pregnancies and I can't share their happiness because I WAS going to be a mummy too in September but now I'm not and I feel so miserable about it! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

and on another website I use often someone else had a M/C a week after me and no I'm not sympathy searching but I'm sick of hearing about the shitty hand she's been dealt! Everyday their is a woe is me post and then a little later on another post about her 3 children and how great they are and money troubles etc! I want to cry out "YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE TO LOOSE A BABY RECENTLY!!!!" but I can't because then I look unreasonable! and I'm also not saying that because she already has children that she shouldn't be upset anymore but the great thing about having one child, 2 children, 3 children . . . . is that you have ONE!

I've just realised how woe is me - I'm so sorry and I'm so sorry if I offend! Little things are just setting me off a lately and I feel so helpless, fustrated, drained and no-one mentions it anymore or if I do they look put out/uncomfortable when I talk the MC!:nope:

I just heard that news on the radio and I instantly felt jealous too!!

Aww hun, I know what you mean. I was the same when I found out that Danni M was preggers. Dont worry our time will come also. :hugs:

You're not alone. Im in an office where the girl next to me knows full well ive had 2 mc's yet still talks about her pregnancy and birth and her other child..its relentless. What really gets me is the moaning. WTF! :growlmad: Id gnaw off my right hand if it could guarantee me a baby- and gladly accept the weightgain, pains and niggles, EVEN labour. But no... Good grief, it aint easy is it?

:hugs: Omi xxx

Yes, David Cameron's wife is pregnant- Got me too as I was due in September also. But as my DH pointed out - they have had their share of pain- they lost a 6 year old little boy- how hard must that have been.

As for the girl on the other website, she is airing her pain to cyber space like the rest of us. But just because she has three children, doesn't mean, she doesn't feel the loss any less. You can't say oh well never mind you have another three as if they are consolation prizes. I have had the same said to me because I have a three year old, and to be honest it does get my back up - I lost his brother/sister, a little person in his/her own right. Yes I am very lucky, i don't pretend i can imagine how you are feeling,not having any but it's not a competition as to who hurts the most. In some ways, you have to keep going, I can't let him see me upset, I cry in my own time, in other ways, I think I would have really sunk lower had I not had him, he keeps me going. We also had to tell him that his baby had gone to heaven too.

I just avoid some posts which I know will upset me. I am having a shitty day too, sorry if I offend, but everybody has and deals with their own pain in their own way.

whyme - I totally know and know what I posted would offend some of you (especially those with children) I didn't want to offend and I know its not a competition and do feel so guilty and frustrated with my feelings. Any loss is a loss and any loss is heartbreaking no matter whether you have no children or 20! I know this :(

Its natural, she is the second person today and 3 altogether this week to tell me they are pg!!!!!!!!! ARHHHHHHHH......

Sorry for snapping - I know it's hard for everyone. I was doing so well, but it has all come crashing down in the last few days, which is why I am a bit prickly too. At the moment, I don't think I even contemplate another pregnancy ( I don't have age on my side either- 40), but I am really low and having flash backs if you know what I mean to the physical procedure following the MMC, really tearful and felt a tad frustrated too when people say but at least you have one, so I am sorry for snapping at you. Have just finished AF, which I wanted but at the same time has hammered the fact home that I am not pregnant anymore and I just think if I cry, I really won't stop at the moment.

SO hard to keep positive and paint on the smiles when I am being commanded to dance round the living room to Alvin and the chipmunks earlier today!! I know I am very lucky and that is what I keep telling myself, but am tired from trying to stay strong - see there we are WOE IS ME now ! lol

Sorry for your loss and sorry again for snapping - it is frustrating as I don't want to feel nasty and snappy - that's not really me, but like you and the many others on here, it is crap at the moment

It is natural and normal to feel jealous hun, but just try and remind yourself that you are only looking for the inside out, you know about the loss of their little boy but you dont know what else goes on in their life. Take me for example people see me as a lucky mum of three and some will know about the loss of Honey (stillborn in May 2007) but hardly anyone knows (a few very close friends, a couple of family members and you guys here) about my five other losses, so the people who see me as just a mum to three get an impression of me that is false, iykwim?

As for the other woman on the other forum, try not to read her posts :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->