Why am I so miserable all the time?

Jeninpa

Reaction score
I am 35 (36 on 9/18) and this is my 5th baby. (I am 12wks pregnant) I had none of these problems with my other kids. I get sick when I am up walking around too much & then even sitting doesn't help, I need to lay down. I can only eat a small amount 2 times a day & even 5-6hrs after eating I still fill so full & sick! I usually take my youngest 3 to do something fun every day of the summer but this has not been a good summer now :( I had 5 weeks of being nauseous all day long & that finally went away. I also feel like I get out of breath so easily. I feel like I did at 8-9 months pregnant right now :(

I wouldn't know. I'd guess it could be your age? Our bodies get so different.
Something to chat with the doctor about perhaps.

I will be 40 on Saturday. This is my 4th baby and my youngest is 21 months. I am much more tired and sick with this one. I am nauseous all the time and out of breath. I think it is worse because I am older and because I have a young one to take care of. I blame my age for sure!

Are you on a good prenatal? I'm 39 next week and PG with #2 and I felt fantastic when I was pregnant the first time at 36 and this time I've had a few more symptoms, but mostly feel just fine. Certainly well enough to keep up with a 2 year old.
Every pregnancy is different. It may just be that this time around it's being mean to you.
:hugs: Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible. I hope it goes away for you soon. Hang in there. PS- You share a birthday with my youngest daughter. =)

Well I am glad I don't have a 2yr old right now!!! lol My 2 youngest are bad enough because we have to do something "fun" every single day! Which we normally do during summer but I am miserable! My prenatal vitamins are just 2 kids Flintstones chewables, that is what they said to take. I had an ultrasound at 9wks & 6d's & she said there was only 1 baby in there, I sure hope she is right! lmao I go 8/10 & will hear the babys' heartbeat for the 1st time.

BTW, not saying I am in wonderful fit shape but I do have 4 other kids so all I normally do is go, go, go! I have taken them to amusement & waterparks for over 12hrs not sitting down or running out of energy! I normally have loads of energy!

I would look for a better prenatal. One with more iron in it for starters. Plus, I'd be concerned about the Vit-A in a Flintstones being from a source other than beta carotene. I'm surprised your midwife/ob was ok with that.
I can't imagine trying to keep up with 4 children on a good day!

I'm sorry you're not feeling well :( Hope it doesn't last very long.

This is my first pregnancy and I feel so guilty complaining since we went to such great lengths to get pregnant. But OMG, my nose is stuffed constantly!!!! I can't sleep, nothing tastes good and I'm sure I am driving my co workers nuts sniffling all the time. Since I can't sleep I'm exhausted constantly. Today the constipation kicked in, I thought I had avoided that nasty symptom. I want this baby so much but this is definitely not fun.

This is my first pregnancy and I feel so guilty complaining since we went to such great lengths to get pregnant. But OMG, my nose is stuffed constantly!!!! I can't sleep, nothing tastes good and I'm sure I am driving my co workers nuts sniffling all the time. Since I can't sleep I'm exhausted constantly. Today the constipation kicked in, I thought I had avoided that nasty symptom. I want this baby so much but this is definitely not fun.

I know how you feel about complaining! I can be a bit of a whiner but I hardly ever get sick. Now that I am pregnant I have whined every day for the past 2 months,lol. As of right now I am still sick! I am praying it is over at the 14 week mark! Luckily for the most part & can stay home laying on the couch. I do have to still cook & clean for all 6 of us though. Apparently my teenagers are not very sympathetic. Hubby works a lot so he told me I need to be stricter but I am not very good at that.

I know how you feel about complaining! I can be a bit of a whiner but I hardly ever get sick. Now that I am pregnant I have whined every day for the past 2 months,lol. As of right now I am still sick! I am praying it is over at the 14 week mark! Luckily for the most part & can stay home laying on the couch. I do have to still cook & clean for all 6 of us though. Apparently my teenagers are not very sympathetic. Hubby works a lot so he told me I need to be stricter but I am not very good at that.

I can totally relate to the teenager thing. I will tell my 15 and 19 year old I am sick and they say well we didn't go get pregnant you did. I get no help from either one of them. I need to crack down on doing them favors when they won't do anything for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->