Why are men so confusing?--UPDATE!

Well, ladies, I think you are right.

Last night I was saying that I couldn't wait for our Christmas holiday (3 weeks in England--woohoo!) and then we could come back home and start baby making.

He answered "well, can't we start the baby making process on our holiday?" :winkwink:

So I guess we're going to be NTNP (because I'm not bringing a boatload of OPKs to my in-laws house, they might accidentily be seen!) on our Christmas holiday and then we'll start officially TTC when we get back! :happydance:

Yeeeeey! Congrats fingers crossed you get a holiday BFP haha how exciting (my future mother in law concieved all her kids on holiday!) lol

Lots of baby :dust: for you hunni! :happydance:

Oh wow!! that's so exciting. It's nice to know someone else who has an OH from england, but living in America!

He's from Windsor. I've only been once (last Christmas) and I loved it there. I would move in a heartbeat, but he won't budge now that he's got his permanent residency card.

He's from Windsor. I've only been once (last Christmas) and I loved it there. I would move in a heartbeat, but he won't budge now that he's got his permanent residency card.

Wow, it's interesting that we are in similar situations! My DH is from Liverpool, he's here on an 'indefinite contract' with his company (though he's not considered a permanent resident or US citizen...he calls himself a 'legal alien' (complete with singing from that Police/Sting song)). I've been over to England several times now (we try to go about twice a year and we spend every other Christmas with his family) and I love it too.

Has he thought about getting a permanent residency? Now that you are married it would be really easy for him to get approved.

No, lol. He likes America and everything but he doesn't want to give up his English citizenship. His job is here for as long as he wants it or he can transfer to different headquarters in other countries (same company) whenever he wants to so he's open to moving, and so am I.

So he can be a legal alien for as long as he likes here because of his indefinite contract. He doesn't have to pay taxes (such as income tax) so I think that's the biggest incentive to keep his English passport :winkwink: He also wants our kids to have dual citizenship (which is something his company can do, it's complicated) so they have the oppurtunity to take advantage of the education if they choose to go to uni in England.

my OH is planning on having a dual citizenship when it's time to apply. And we want our kids to have the same. Cause "if something crazy happens here in America we have an out" lol that's what he says

My OH is really kind of confusing me too. He wanted me off the pill and always says things about babies and rubs my belly but the other night we had a blow out and I flat out asked if he wanted to try and he said no. He says he wants to be married first. Grrrrr I don't know if I can wait!!!

PS Does anyone else notice baby commercials and baby shows and baby everything all the time?? It drives me bonkers!!

Its a good idea dual citizenship.. my OH and I are going to get our Canadian citizenship in Jan. Our little boy was born here so he is Canadian but we need to get him a UK passport too. It gives you more options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->