Why are men so useless??

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Emma is up at her grans for a holday...so I though, why not do her room like we have talked about since November...............so I have stripped all the paper, I have repapered one wall (feature wall), I have painted the other walls and the skirting and tomorrow I will tidy it..........HE changed the light fitting..........THAT WAS IT.

Bear in mind I did all that whilst looking after my 12 week old, so It has taken me a week due to haveing to stop and start...........See if it gets portrayed that WE did the room I might throttle him!

don't mind that he hates DIY...........I would just have liked SOME help :(. He hasn't even put up the washing line I bought that needs drilled and bolted to the breeze block - so I cant do it as I'm scared of the masonry drill :( and too short to put the holes where they need to be.

I got freecycled click flooring for our vestibule and I can see me having to do that as well...........

I can see this place NEVER getting redone EVER

Im feeling the same as you too!! I painted 2 rooms in my new house today because if I never it would never get done!!!

I have a feeling I would be in the same situation soon if it wasn't for the pregnancy.

I finally get the keys to my house when I am 35+2 and the whole thing needs decorating and I want it done as soon as possible. If I wasn't pregnant then I would end up doing it myself. Thankfully I know I can rally a few friends and family members to help as hubby starts his new job the same day.

However, if I want anything doing, I have to start the 'nagging' process a month before and start doing it myself before he'll do anything. Lol. It's not that he can't be bothered, simply he works 60 hour weeks with 8 hours traveling on top and doesn't want to do house stuff on his days off. Doesn't help me though.

Best of luck.

What a nightmare. Men can be such a pain. I'm sorry you had to do all of that by yourself

I hear you! My DH is pretty useless around the house. I'm used to it now but will still call him out when he tries to take credit.

Well ladies I have to tell you that it works both ways!! My hubby is brilliant with DIY, can't fault that but he takes it to an extreme! I live with him 'on one' constantly and regularly put up with a certain amount of effing and jeffing at god forsaken hours because he has decided to start a project after work-had this just this wknd when he was wall mounting our tv!
I do appreciate it of course, that said I do my wifey bits quite well with cooking, cleaning and looking after the family--not that it gets appreciated!

My OH is the same. I literally have to make a huge song and dance about something before he does anything sometimes, especially when it comes to DiY and such like!! Drives me crackers. Then he wonders why I moan at him occasionally :roll:

I will be doing my house soon cus if i dont do it no one will

Well the room got finished..........I had to pull an allnighter on the friday night, then we were out on sat and on the sunday he finally did the shelves - 2 hours before she was back. I had to go myself to get them from the train and left OH to tidy her room.

I am still waiting for him to put up the washing line I got 3 weeks ago........at this rate it will be winter and useless!!!! Ill jut have to take all his spare cash to pay the £100 a month electric bill for the running of the condensor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->