Why are people so against this name?

wannabemomy37

~ Waiting ~
Reaction score
Neveah (nuh-vay-uh)???

I personally love it, and would put it on my top 3....

I understand it is supposed to be Heaven spelt backwards, but could care less about that part...I just LOVE how it sounds.

Would a different spelling be better or worse?
Neveya, Neveiya, etc?? Suggestions welcome...

I just don't understand why some of the girls on here are SO against it???

Personally, I HATE it. I think it's TOO trendy and rose to popularity TOO quickly. It's not beautiful, it's made up...I think it's horrible. When these little Neveah's grow up, they're going to be Neveah M, of Neveah L, Neveah J, and Neveah V in their class. It's like the name is not even THEIRS. It's their's, their neighbour, and their uncle's sister's cousin's dog's name too!

I feel the same way about all the -ayden names...Hayden, Jayden, Cayden, etc.

My 12 year old niece is Nevaeh. She was the first Nevaeh I'd ever heard of and the family was like, "What?" Lol. There are definitely a few more now, but I don't think it's overly comon at all. And also, it didn't take long at all for everyone to warm up to it. It's a pretty name for a pretty little girl :)

I'm not a massive fan personally, it's not horrendous but is very popular in my area x

personally hate it to

the meaning is tacky (are you saying your child is backwards)

it sounds tacky and made up

and it doesn't flow well or look good written down

and it automatically conjurers images of a 15 year old single mam taking the place of past names like Tinkabelle, chardonnay and channel

its just about everything that could be wrong with a name and joins the likes of other insufferable names like Raine-beau or Poppy Blossom - just terrible and as much as we all hate Katie Hopkins you got to admit shes right, these children will unfortunately be judged forever for their parent bad taste

lucky its not common here though

I was so tempted to post the exact same topic lol.

Everyone will always have different opinions on names, its as simple as that..however..

Peoples arguements as too WHY they think this name isn't suitable are ridiculous!

I think its a very pretty name, and I like the fact that it originates from being Heaven backwards :)

I think the spelling of Navaeh is something that puts quite a few people off, spelt Neveya definitely looks better but then defeats object of being Heaven backwards.

There are LOTS and lots of names out there that to some sound ridiculous, but to others with difference tastes, sound amazing. Thats just how it goes!

I dont like it but dont hate it. I never even knew untill recently it was heaven spelt backwards. Ive only heard of one in real life, and its the daughter of someone on fb, no one I know personally so its definitely not popular here. Ive dont think ive seen it on the top 100 baby names either, so there are definately names way more popular.

In 2012, Neveah was ranked #39 in the Top 100 Baby Names in the USA. It was #25 in 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevaeh#Popularity

In 2012, Neveah was ranked #39 in the Top 100 Baby Names in the USA. It was #25 in 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevaeh#Popularity

Im in uk, just looked and its not on our most recent list. Not sure about past lists.

As another poster said though, we all have different tastes for names, and the OP asked why people are against it. Everyone's answers are different...some love it, some hate it. I just put in my personal opinion. And each name is going to have different levels of popularity in different parts of the world.

I know that boys names like Alfie, or George are popular baby names over in the UK, where here in North America, many people associate the names with older gentlemen and won't use them, tending to favour more trendy and "cutesy" names, like the
-AYDEN generation.

I used a name for my youngest child (in the avatar) that people in North America would say might be a cute variation of Amber-Lynn, or, if they're familiar with the band, know that she is named after them, whereas others absolutely hate it and have said it was torture to name her that. People in the UK who hear her name automatically associate it with Anne Boleyn, so it really all depends on where you're from too.

My daughter's name is Anberlin.

if you like it use it...too many opinions there always will be opinions ...I think it's pretty, I heard its common in the USA but like not every child will be the same just cuz they have the same name ...I dunno lol do what you want I say

Thank you all for such honest and upfront answers, lol.

I still think it's a gorgeous name and really disagree with it being "tacky" and that my daughter would be backwards?? That's just silly.

I think I'd spell it Neveya or something though so people won't be able to associate it with "heaven spelt backwards" and just think of it as a beautiful feminine name.

And I have to say, I'm from USA and haven't heard a single girl with this name, in real life or on tv, etc. I think it to be quite uncommon/unique as opposed to some other names I see flying about on this website alone - Jacob, Isabella are the #1 names in my area and I don't see anyone on here saying "but they will be Jacob M, Jacob S, etc and not being their own person??! The person makes the name, not the other way around...

I just dislike the idea of such a religious name. I dont like michael or gabriel either. Personal preference.

Secondly there are going to be jerks out there that just assume your chid will be spoiled with a name like heaven backwards and treat them as such.

You may have the most wonderful well-adjusted child out there, but people are mean. Maybe a change in spelling would help this? I like the sound of it but as soon as I saw what it spelled was I was like no no no no.

Gl picking a name hon and GRATS being able make a kiddo to give it to.

Lol Jacob and Isabelle are my 2 name choices so trust me I'm all for being common!

As I said, there will always be someone out there ready to flame your name choice, trust me I have a thread similar to yours about my name choice ;).

It's pretty and spelt Neveya I think is gorgeous. Your right, the child makes the name and definitely not the other way round and of course your child wouldn't be "backwards"

Why I am against it - from my experience the use of it has been from people reaching to be unique and trendy.

I'm on the fence with this one. I think it sounds quite nice as a name but I think its a bit silly as its heaven backwards...like why use a word backwards & use it as a name if you're not going to use it as a name spelt the right way round? I dont know, its like why not choose any random word and use it backwards?

Other than that it sounds ok, isnt popular in my area, infact I dont know anyone with that name :)

My friends daughter is angel neveah and she called her it because she believed she was an angel from heaven, children are a gift from god x

My friends daughter is angel neveah and she called her it because she believed she was an angel from heaven, children are a gift from god x

im sorry but that kind of made me cringe... I think that sort of stuff is the reason a lot of people dislike the name

obvious literal names are just :wacko: I wouldn't call a child chair from IKEA, cat from turkey or Rain from Venus any other weird saying (unless you're famous)... angels if you believe in them have normal names so if she was an angel she wouldn't really be called 'angel' - never see the logic in this stuff

I think it sounds ok, its not popular in the uk and I can't really see why it would matter if its 'heaven' backwards as nobody is known by their name backwards, its irrelevant. I really wouldn't worry about people sayings its 'made up' either, ALL names were made up at some point lol

For me it's just personal preference. I prefer older, more traditional names and as I work with children I'm easily put off a name that belongs to a 'trend', which Neaveh kind of does (in my mindset anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->