Why are people so against this name?

My friends little ones called that but they pronounce it neve she called her that because she lost a son and said nevaeh was sent from heaven

I think Nevaeh is a pretty name, and I personally like that it's "Heaven" backwards. I work with kids, and I know several named Nevaeh. I think ppl feel so strongly about their dislike of the name bc it's new, popular, & "trendy." A lot of ppl prefer traditional names. Plus, on this site there are a lot of ppl from the UK. Traditional "proper" old fashioned names are more widely used in the UK it seems. Names like Florence or Matilda for example. In the US, I think a name like Nevaeh is more "accepted" than those two examples.

If you like it - I say go for it!

I kind of "made up" the name Avaya. I've never heard it before - but I love it. And it sounds very similar to Nevaeh.

I think it isn't a good name because your kid might not like being heaven spelt backwards. It might be embarrassing for her. So my reasoning is for the child...nothing else really.

My friends little ones called that but they pronounce it neve she called her that because she lost a son and said nevaeh was sent from heaven

not being rude but I dont see logic in that either... I would be so annoyed if my mother did that to me

I was a rainbow baby but my life isn't a replacement or reminded for my still born brother, my identity isn't here to remind people of my mothers great loss in life, im my own person and have my own backstory without just being a footnote of another story... what a strange and baffling thing to do to your child

I think Nevaeh is a pretty name, and I personally like that it's "Heaven" backwards. I work with kids, and I know several named Nevaeh. I think ppl feel so strongly about their dislike of the name bc it's new, popular, & "trendy." A lot of ppl prefer traditional names. Plus, on this site there are a lot of ppl from the UK. Traditional "proper" old fashioned names are more widely used in the UK it seems. Names like Florence or Matilda for example. In the US, I think a name like Nevaeh is more "accepted" than those two examples.

I kind of "made up" the name Avaya. I've never heard it before - but I love it. And it sounds very similar to Nevaeh.

ive live in the UK all my life and never met a Florence or Matilda :wacko:

girls names here are:

Eden, Willow, Autumn, Scarlet, Heidi, Chloe, Maisie, Milly, Lea, Ellie, Chantelle, Cameron, Latitia etc...

Personally, I don't like it at all and I never have. :shrug:

girls names here are:

Eden, Willow, Autumn, Scarlet, Heidi, Chloe, Maisie, Milly, Lea, Ellie, Chantelle, Cameron, Latitia etc...

I don't want to seem like I am just trying to flame your posts even though it will seem that way but which part of UK are you in because I hardly ever hear of any of these as names apart from Ellie. They all sound like names I would call my horses or my pets?? Latitia is definitely not a regular UK name and without this sounding racist, its the type of name you find in places like USA etc

''Typical'' UK girls names to me consist of things like: Jemma, Zoe, Hannah, Isabelle, Sue, Natalie, Charlotte, Kirsty, Kelly, Vicky etc etc

girls names here are:

I don't want to seem like I am just trying to flame your posts even though it will seem that way but which part of UK are you in because I hardly ever hear of any of these as names apart from Ellie. They all sound like names I would call my horses or my pets?? Latitia is definitely not a regular UK name and without this sounding racist, its the type of name you find in places like USA etc

''Typical'' UK girls names to me consist of things like: Jemma, Zoe, Hannah, Isabelle, Sue, Natalie, Charlotte, Kirsty, Kelly, Vicky etc etc

I live in the north east... those name you listed where popular 25 years ago in my generation but ive never met a baby or child with one in the last 10 years (except Isabelle) in fact the only sue's I know are in there 40's

I've never heard the name Latitia? :shrug: That's a new one for me, lol. But I think it makes sense that different naming trends are popular in different locations. And they are constantly changing and shifting. Also common "baby names" are different than common adult names. You should hear the baby names my mom suggests!! :dohh: Preferred names are definitely generational, as well.

I'm from the uk and
my name is Gail I'm 24 and afrocarribean ...I've been called Gay al (South Parkz ref) my mum named me after Gail platt from corrie. anyway some people didn't agree with my old English type of name ....my mother didn't care I am Gail! and some
of your opinions just rub me the wrong way...just because someone's name choice isn't logical for you...well that's your problem Jesus Christ be it heaven backwards/ forwards or slanted who cares ...I don't like the name Jessica , Eden , Aiden type of names ...so I won't be giving my kids those names does it mean that everyone who chooses to use those names I will be questioning their reasoning ? no they like it so be it...

I don't like the way it looks but it sounds like a pretty name. I think the thing that gets me about Nevaeh is people always say it's heaven spelt backwards, well everyone knows that! It's like you can't just say the name, it has to be followed up with it's heaven blah blah blah. That being said I quite like Neveya. So it's not the actual name I don't like it's the spelling and constant explanation that goes with it.

I'm from the uk and
my name is Gail I'm 24 and afrocarribean ...I've been called Gay al (South Parkz ref) my mum named me after Gail platt from corrie. anyway some people didn't agree with my old English type of name ....my mother didn't care I am Gail! and some
of your opinions just rub me the wrong way...just because someone's name choice isn't logical for you...well that's your problem Jesus Christ be it heaven backwards/ forwards or slanted who cares ...I don't like the name Jessica , Eden , Aiden type of names ...so I won't be giving my kids those names does it mean that everyone who chooses to use those names I will be questioning their reasoning ? no they like it so be it...

its not our problem, we dont have a 'problem' :wacko: we where asked a question and answered it with reason and logic

it was questioned because the OP posed it as a question, think you need to learn how conversations work

I'm from the uk and

its not our problem, we dont have a 'problem' :wacko: we where asked a question and answered it with reason and logic

it was questioned because the OP posed it as a question, think you need to learn how conversations work

Your very self righteous aren't you?

I think I'm yet to see any posts of yours that I could consider "constructive criticism" or friendly.....

Come to think of it, you remind me of my step mum, she has an answer for EVERYTHING and there is no possible way that her answer could be anything other than 110% correct...

I'm from the uk and

Your very self righteous aren't you?

I think I'm yet to see any posts of yours that I could consider "constructive criticism" or friendly.....

Come to think of it, you remind me of my step mum, she has an answer for EVERYTHING and there is no possible way that her answer could be anything other than 110% correct...

you obviously dont read the forums much then :haha: as I have commented on, help and been personally thanked by tonnes of people

if you have a different opinion that's your problem not mine but if OP had ask for suggestions as to middle name etc... I would of posted options for her, if she had asked between two name I would tell her which I prefer but she didn't she specifically asked 'why do most people hate like this name' to which me and several others answered with why we dont like it which is what was asked and in no way wrong - someone asks a question I will answer it weather you like the answer or not

but by all means throw a hissyfit because you you dont agree with others on something, I mean we all HAVE to have the same opinion :dohh:

If you disagree put forward a reason with out jumping in trying to insult people you never met by thinking you know their personality

I do not class myself as self righteous or did I say I was right ....
I was basically saying that my name was not a favored name by people however my mother still gave me that name even though i was called gay al etc...she called it me because she liked it , the way I read some of the posts made me feel as if they thought the OP was stupid to even consider it....THAT was my point...

did I say you were wrong to not like the name? nope
an I having a hissy fit? nope I'm basically adding my opinion and have been jumped on because I expressed the way I have read some comments, yes I know the OP asked why someone doesn't like the name Neveah, but for some people to imply that it would mean the child would be backwards or it is distasteful was abit harsh I guess some people do not know how to put their opinions across tactfully.

what's the point of even commenting, and Zoey I've been on here a long time and you can check out my stats in regards to the thanks ...frankly I'm not here for a popularity competition, how you can say I (someone you don't know) reminds me of your step mother is beyond me. if memory recalls I have never spoke to you? in my posts I strive to be honest and helpful. I'm not having someone tell me I'm something I'm not, in my previous post I did not say anything about you ladies? just that some comments have rubbed me the wrong way wether you found it a personal attack on you that's your problem and not my intention, my post didn't mention a significant person so to single me out about my posts an previous posts on this site is quite unfair.

never mind anyway, such is life

I do not class myself as self righteous or did I say I was right ....
I was basically saying that my name was not a favored name by people however my mother still gave me that name even though i was called gay al etc...she called it me because she liked it , the way I read some of the posts made me feel as if they thought the OP was stupid to even consider it....THAT was my point...

did I say you were wrong to not like the name? nope
an I having a hissy fit? nope I'm basically adding my opinion and have been jumped on because I expressed the way I have read some comments, yes I know the OP asked why someone doesn't like the name Neveah, but for some people to imply that it would mean the child would be backwards or it is distasteful was abit harsh I guess some people do not know how to put their opinions across tactfully.

what's the point of even commenting, and Zoey I've been on here a long time and you can check out my stats in regards to the thanks ...frankly I'm not here for a popularity competition, how you can say I (someone you don't know) reminds me of your step mother is beyond me. if memory recalls I have never spoke to you? in my posts I strive to be honest and helpful. I'm not having someone tell me I'm something I'm not, in my previous post I did not say anything about you ladies? just that some comments have rubbed me the wrong way wether you found it a personal attack on you that's your problem and not my intention, my post didn't mention a significant person so to single me out about my posts an previous posts on this site is quite unfair.

never mind anyway, such is life

I quoted JJ not you... I was not referring to your post as self righteous....

^I have messagesdyou , I must have just collated the messages I'm very sorry, please accept my sincerest regret.

^I have messagesdyou , I must have just collated the messages I'm very sorry, please accept my sincerest regret.

Not a problem :) we are all adults here (one can dream hey?) lol

Sincerely forgiven! :hugs:

I really don't like that name at all. Honestly, to me it sounds lower class, like someone uneducated would choose it. That goes for any trendy, made up name, really. And spelling it in some "unique" way to make it different just furthers that stereotype in my opinion.

It is not a common name here. I know one Neveah and one Heaven actually. It is not my favorite name-but I do like the alternative spelling Nevaya or Neveya. I do not fault people for naming there children something different, my name is not super common and I rather liked being the only one with that name in school. But it is your baby, you can name her what every you like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->