why are people so nasty?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
why are people so bloody nasty?

i was sitting at my dads watching tv with my brother and my grandad and my uncle (who i dont really see) came round and he goes to me 'gosh your fat.'
he didnt even ask how i was. and all he had to say was that.
if he didnt have any thing good to say why bother saying anything at all.
i felt so bloody small when he said it.
i thought i was looking good being pregnant,ive only put on 6lbs and i thought that was good to say in 21 weeks along.

when he went i said to my brother 'do i look fat?'
he said no but my grandad said he most probably didnt know i was pregnant.
but i know for a fact that he does as his wife saw me the other day and asked how was my pregnancy going.

im not being nasty but he needs to look at his wife.

this morning i felt fab but now he has just ruined it and now i cant stop myself crying.

IM NOT FAT,IM BLOODY PREGNANT.

:hugs:

Don't let it get to you. My brothers are always saying I look fat every time I see them but I know they're only joking (sort of). Maybe he just meant it as a joke or being sarcastic.

I think pregnant women look great and I'm sure lots of people will agree but unfortunatly not everyone see's it that way - especially some men. They're the minority though.

:hugs:

thank you.

but i am the only one of the ones in my family that isnt massive so you would of thought they are used to big people.

i know you say its MEN but it really hurt my feelings.
why did he have to say anything at all.

If you say most of your family are quite big it sounds like he was being sarcastic. It's still not a very nice thing to say though & I agree he probably should have said nothing. :hugs:

yes but why say it.
i have got a belly but i wouldnt say ive put on weight any where else.

i guess ill just have to get used to the fact that im fat

But it's not actually fat - it's baby and thats different! I'm sure you look great.

Ugh men are such jerks sometimes. Dont worry about it hun. You should have said, I'm pregnant, whats your excuse?

After a while, you've gotta just let those things go in one ear and out the other. I'm insecure since I gained weight BEFORE I got pregnant, so I've been worrying about it a lot since I got pregnant. Every time my father sees me, he likes to remind me of "How huge I've gotten!" Last time I saw him, I told him I didn't appreciate him saying that, and he has stopped. What the hell do men expect? We're carrying a child inside of us! And not only that, but I have extra fluid around the baby, so my bump is even bigger! Try and let it go, you are NOT fat, you are PREGNANT. Be proud of your bump hun! :hugs:

even if you was fat he shouldnt of said that!! how hurtful and a nasty piece of work!!!

if i was you i would of said something but being overweight myself i know how horrible i would of felt in that situation...

nasty nasty man! sorry i know his family but...........

forget him hun, you are pregnant and of course your going to put on weight and probably a hell of alot more than you have already but who cares you have the most perfect reason to!

You have been cherised with a godsend and i bet the rest of the family are estatic for you.

For anyone saying something like that i would of liked to of said it to him good and proper and say if he didnt like you being 'fat' then he doesnt need to have anything to do with the baby either!

hugs and kisses to you and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!!!

even if you was fat he shouldnt of said that!! how hurtful and a nasty piece of work!!!

if i was you i would of said something but being overweight myself i know how horrible i would of felt in that situation...

nasty nasty man! sorry i know his family but...........

forget him hun, you are pregnant and of course your going to put on weight and probably a hell of alot more than you have already but who cares you have the most perfect reason to!

You have been cherised with a godsend and i bet the rest of the family are estatic for you.

For anyone saying something like that i would of liked to of said it to him good and proper and say if he didnt like you being 'fat' then he doesnt need to have anything to do with the baby either!

hugs and kisses to you and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!!!

yes he is family but no one on my side of the family talk to me apart from my dad and brother and grandad(but he gets on my nerves)
i havnt seen my mum and sister(5years) for over a year now.
none of my family talk to me and they treat me like ive done something wrong but to be honest i dont think i done anything wrong at all.
i dont think they talk to me coz i am better than them and ive made something of my life.
i dont understand it really.

by the way i havnt got anything against you bigger girls but for him to say i was fat really hurt and can now understand how you bigger girls feel.
dont get me wrong im not the skiniest of people but really i would say i was average. x x

You poor Chicken! :hugs:
I agree with Burtonbaby! Men can be so UGH...WHATS THE WORD!!!!!!???
Anyway you could tell him that at least your stomach will be gone after 9 months, whereas his will probably cause him to have heart disease!

You poor thing! I bet you wanted to slap him! Even if he is family!:wacko:
You just take care of yourself and that lil sweet pea! ok?
Be proud of that fact that you get to bring a lil life into the world! :crib: so give that big wonderful tummy a rub and a pat for me! :kiss: HANG IN THERE!!!!!!!!:hugs:

Hun, you are not fat, you are pregnant! Try not to let what he said offend you, he is obviously an ass. remember this, no matter how much weight you put on, this is only temporary, you can lose it after the baby is here. Right now the most important thing it to eat to take care of yourself and your LO, nothing is more important.

Agree with the others, thought you could use an extra :hugs: though.

arh thank you everyone.

i know that the weight i put on i can loose it once baby is here but its just annoying when ur told that. x x

https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg162/doctordeesmrs/Blinkies/pregnant-3.jpg
People should learn when to keep their mouth shut. I'm fed up saying how big i am and asking "are you sure it's not twins?"

I've put on LOADS and I don't care. My bodies is my babies right now, not mine. Ignore the ignorant. :)

Insensitive is not a strong enough word.

Ignor him, he's either being ignorant or spiteful.

All that matters is that you and the baby are happy and healthy :)

thank you very much for how nice you have been x x

Don't listen to him hun, you're pregnant (that means, carrying another human being in your belly). you should have said, I'll be losing mine soon, what's your excuse?? Family or not, that comment should not have been made period. I don't care if you were pregnant or not, that is just degrading. Why are people so insensitive. You can come to my work, there are men here that think pregnant women are sexy. I get so much attention, the men are so nice (most of them anyways).

I bet you look fabulous and be very proud of your bump. He's just jealous cause he can't bring another life into this world. I really do think that men get jealous of that. Try not to take it to heart. :hugs: :hugs: Sending some hugs your way. :hugs: :hugs:

Awww people can be so insensitive at times esp men i think they say things without thinking. Ignore him im sure you look great and like the other girls said its not fat its baby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->