Why are some health professionals so by the book? it's annoying.

Andi86

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Just a little rant. So I had my second prenatal apt today. I haven't yet seen my OB, only a nurse practitioner for whatever reason. Anyway, she was arguing with me about how far along I was because she is trying to go by my last period. I told her several times I have an average of 60 day cycles and I was tracking my cycle on fertility friend. My last period was May 11th and I didn't have intercourse until June 2nd. So it's impossible to be as far as she thinks I am. Also I don't think I actually ovulated until the 5th or 6th. Lol its just so annoying when they think everyone has a 28 day cycle. It drives me crazy. My ultrasound is next week so I should know by then exactly how far I am. Anyone else have things/people that annoy you while pregnant? Lol rant away

I had the same issue last pregnancy! They wouldn't listen to me when I told them I was newly pregnant and i had been having anovulatory cycles (i had had ultrasounds to confirm), so all the way through the pregnancy, even after things were established at the dating scan, I ran into different people that got all confused saying "well this doesn't make any sense, your paperwork says you're due in November" and I would have to explain everything over and over. . But in the beginning they just wouldn't put anything else in the paperwork except when I should have been pregnant based on my LMP and it followed me the whole time

I had an IUI so they knew exactly when I ovulated and they still went by 28 days until my first scan 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->