Why are you WTT?

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
As the title says :) Go into as much or little detail as you please.

For OH & I, we're WTT because:
- we have a 3 month old baby already
- we don't have a house, we want to own before we TTC
- I want to be working full-time in more of a career-type job
- I want to wait until Elyse is at least 2-3 years old before making her the older sibling.
- I want to be MARRIED before the next baby. If not at least engaged for awhile!

That's a simplified list I guess, lol.

We're mainly waiting because DH has another 7 months at uni doing his degree.

I am also attending Uni, as well as we still have to finish the (detached) house were moved too , as well as getting better finances again .

We are waiting becuse OH feels he is not ready. Im using this oppertunity to loose some weight before ttc. Although he admited yesterday he wouldent be that upset if i did get pregnant now. MEN!

Because I need to finish my last year of my degree. We could start trying now, but if I got pregnant in the next 3 months I would end up giving birth just before my final exams. So if we start trying in 3.5 months then if I got pregnant straight away I would be 8 months at my finals, so any time after that would be fine.

Although I will feel big fat old and pregnant at uni in front of the young, firm, pert, tanned girls. LOL They are all so stunning and I was like a whale when I was pregnant with my 1st.

Our reasons are similar to most other people here:

- I don't have a job with maternity benefits or an open-end contract yet so want that first
- We might want to buy a place but aren't sure yet (we can afford really nice places for rent but at the moment only ok places to buy, so maybe we'll wait 10 years or so)

Also, since having discussed babies, we're both enjoying our youth and freedom a lot more and want to get everything we can out of that. Maybe cram in some travelling before LO arrives... Although I'm a firm believer in "your life doesn't end".

OH isn't ready yet, and we're not married. Also want our youngest dog to be a little older and calmer, and definitely completely housetrained.

We are WTT because I'm on follow up for molar pregnancy & still waiting for my hcg to drop back to normal levels/get the all clear. xx

we're waiting to try because for us, maddi is still too young, we want to sell our flat and buy a house (the economy is shit at the mo!!) and we also want to get married in florida at disney - so want maddi to be old enough to travel and don't want to take any LO's etc! so probably waiting another two year! which for me, with maddi already, doesn't seem too long to go!! :wohoo:

Waiting for the OH to grow up a bit and hopefully his mummy dearest will leave him grow up.

Waiting for the OH to grow up a bit and hopefully his mummy dearest will leave him grow up.

I know that feeling too well.

I'm WTT because my husband is a selfish idiot. Still angry with him

I had this problem and after 3 years hes no longer a mummys boy and will tell her when shes in the wrong. It will happen.

oh God....I'm with him 4years! lol! there is no hope!!!!

It will, For me i had to be a right bitch to him when ever he dident stand up to his mam and their was one big bustup an christmass and made him quite clear if he dident start sticking up for me or himself i wasent sure how long i was going to stay with him, he soon put his foot down and got her told and has done ever since.

My OH is still attached to the apron strings and doesnt seem to be letting go.
we we originally started ttc in january 09 then there was redundency happening in the school where OH works that ended in april so we started again OH's job was safe. Then My SIL has announced she is getting married in May 2010 and im maid of honour.

we were going to hold out til May next year BUT........i cant take hormonal contraceptives as i suffer bad with headaches and cluster headaches, i cant use the coil as i suffer with cervical cyst from time to time and heavy periods. Im allergic to latex so condoms are out the question, i have a tilted cervix so a diaphram will not be as effective. so as the doctor says she is at a loose end with me.

SO........ we are going to be careful July and August so i dont colide with SIL's wedding date and just hope i can some how adjust my dress which she has already bought.

My reasons are pretty much the same as yours.

I still live with my parents.I want my own house before i have enough kids.
I want OH to have a good job ( and prefebly me too ) so we can afford to bring up another and still have money left over.
I want to wait untill Maisie is at nursery.

x

My reasons are:

OH needs to grow up, he's still quite immature
OH isn't 100% ready but don't think he will be until I'm pregnant!
Finances need sorted, the next 2 months or so will decide a lot for us (whether OH goes back to f/t education or not) and if he doesn't we could potentially start TTC next year.

Need to move back out to our own place-this will also be decided when OH makes his mind up about college

Basically, apart from the house and finances, I'm ready but OH has a lot of growing up to do and decisions to make.

I feel ready for ttc but think dh for some reason thinks that the magic age to try for a baby is 30! I don't know why he has picked 30 but he's not shifting from it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->