why can't I do this?

snuggles21

Reaction score
I am finding it impossible to lose weight and it's really getting me down. I lost about 3stone the other year but fell off the wagon and put it all back on (and more!) I have tried all sorts - weight watchers, slim fast, alternate day fasting, just general healthy eating and exercise and i just cant stick to anything - i cant stop eating! i feel so horrible and hate what i see when i look in the mirror and when i look back at pictures of me when i'd lost weight, especially in my wedding dress (Ive now had to buy a new wedding dress cos i put too much weight on) i could cry. the wedding is now in just over 2wks and im dreading the day because i know im going to feel disgusting! i just dont know how to do this and why i cant stick to anything when i did so well before! i'm not really expecting anyone to reply to this cos i dont know what anyone could say i just needed to get it out sumwer.

Join myfitnesspal and start counting calories. I've lost a stone in 6 weeks and have another one to go. If I want a treat then I do an extra long workout to earn back the calories. I used to be the same as you, I just couldn't stop eating, but by logging what I eat I've learnt to make better food choices but you have to be committed to it. You have to make the change inside before you can make the change outside, once I convinced my head that I had to lose the weight my body started changing along with it. I'm currently doing 30 day shred every day and an extra zumba workout if I want a treat xx

I agree join myfitnesspal, I've been really struggling because I have no idea what to eat etc, I joined mfp and its been really helpful! Add friends and have a look at their diary, it's given me loads of ideas and made me realise you can still eat a lot and lose weight!
I'm Butterfly8726 if you join and you can add me :)

Keep going, it's hard work :) x

you need to get your head back in the right place and get rid of the negative thought.
write down all your negative thought then write something positive and screw up the negative ones and throw them away.

then just start to make healthier choices,dont deprive your self but dont binge either.

This was me ten weeks ago. I was actually verging on depression. I HATED myself for being so weak. I wanted to lose weight but would gorge on crap then feel shit about myself so would eat more to make myself feel better. Talk about a vicious cycle.

I've lost 20lbs in 9 weeks on the weightwatchers plan but I honestly don't think it matters what diet you do. It matters what's going on inside your head.
You have to decide .... Enough is enough and then get on with it.

I started weightwatchers, started a dieting journal, told everyone I was starting a diet properly and once I had the support and strength of mind I started it one day at a time.

It helps that I don't look at the total amount of weight I have to lose. I'm just taking it half a stone at a time for now.

Good luck hunny. Please pm me or hang out in my journal if you like. Ill definitely stalk yours if you start one :)

You can do this. You just got to believe it :)

Try slimmimg world! I couldnt lose weight before I did it and look at me now 8 weeks later. 18lbs lighter xx

It matters what's going on inside your head.
You have to decide .... Enough is enough and then get on with it.

^ That is exactly it.
I tried many times to lose weight but until I was really, really in the right frame of mind it didn't happen, or it would and then I'd ease back into my old ways and be worse off than I started.

You can do it. :hugs:

Thanks for the replies :)

I'm going to do weight watchers and try to keep a journal on here. I've hung one of my dresses on the wardrobe door that i could fit into before and want to wear it again! I've also put my slim pictures as my desktop background to encourage me.
So first day today - might not be the best time to start (get married on Saturday then going to Rome on honeymoon) but I've put it off for long enough if I don't start today I might lose the motivation! :dohh:

Thanks again :)

Mind set is key!!! This is my absolute biggest struggle trying to lose weight right now. I'm tired from being with baby all day then working late nights at my job. I have no time but I know it's an excuse bc I obviously have time to eat so much to put weight back on. My goal this week is to get my head back in the game and start my diet again this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->