Why Did You Choose Formula

Ladies this thread is really good & very helpful. We dont want it to turn into a a BF vs FF. Just report the post xx

^^ I agree. Why can't we all just respect each other?

I could never respect someone who chose not to give their baby breastmilk because they didn't like the idea of it. A mother should always put their baby first.

Just because you decide not to breastfeed does not mean you are not putting your baby first. If you are not happy breastfeeding than how is your baby supposed to be happy? My son is formula fed and has been since he was a newborn and he is happy and healthy.

^^ I agree. Why can't we all just respect each other?

I could never respect someone who chose not to give their baby breastmilk because they didn't like the idea of it. A mother should always put their baby first.

Do you really have to come and post things like that in the formula feeding section of the forum?

This is an area of the forum that is open to support for formula feeding mommies. If you can't offer support than it's probably best you not be in here.

Just because you decide not to breastfeed does not mean you are not putting your baby first. If you are not happy breastfeeding than how is your baby supposed to be happy? My son is formula fed and has been since he was a newborn and he is happy and healthy.

Um, well, yes it does.

Breastmilk is best for your baby, choosing not to give it to them because YOU feel weird about it is putting YOU first.

How can you be certain how you will feel about BF unless you try?

As long as a baby gets fed it doesnt matter where its from imo... my son got so poorly and was back in hospital cause he wouldnt feed and BF was pushed too much... I wish I had FF him!

Um, well, yes it does.

Breastmilk is best for your baby, choosing not to give it to them because YOU feel weird about it is putting YOU first.

I don't see anyone here saying that breast isn't best.

Why do you feel the need to come on and argue others reasons for choosing to FF? At the end of the day it is their choice and they shouldn't be made to feel guilty or bad for doing what they feel is best for their child.

This is in the formula feeding section for a reason: so that women who FF feel safe to post their reasons without being criticized for it.

Um, well, yes it does.

I don't see anyone here saying that breast isn't best.

Why do you feel the need to come on and argue others reasons for choosing to FF? At the end of the day it is their choice and they shouldn't be made to feel guilty or bad for doing what they feel is best for their child.

This is in the formula feeding section for a reason: so that women who FF feel safe to post their reasons without being criticized for it.

I agree. It's like we've been here before Oscar... oh yes we have! From your previous posts it's clear that you are unable to put yourself in others people's shoes and try to see where other people are coming from and see why they make different decisions than yourself. This is a great shame :nope: Please just stick to the BF section if FF'ing bothers you so much.

let's get this back on topic please and stop the back and forth fighting :flower:

I do not like close minded people. :grr:

I attempted to bf. I had a little post partum depression going on and was also in extreme pain from my c-section. I mentally and physically could not follow through with bf. I felt guilty about it for awhile and even selfish. But then I realized if I wasn't happy than either would my baby. I just think the hospital put a lot of pressure on me and that's why I began to feel guilty. Plus it was also tough because my milk wasn't coming in fast enough and my son was losing weight and becoming jaundice. I said "screw it" and asked for forumula in the hospital.

Um, well, yes it does.

If she doesnt feel comfortable breast feeding then baby is likely not to feel comfortable either. I think this is a good enough reason.

and for the record, breast milk was not best for my baby, it nearly left him brain damaged and in need of a blood exchange transfusion.

I am not closed minded.

I have in no way said that formula is awful etc. etc.

I take no issue with someone who recognises that BF is the best nutritional start for your baby, gives it a go, doesn't get on with it and switches to formula.

But I think it is appalling to not even try BF because you don't like the idea of a baby feeding from you. As soon as your baby is born, it's about you, not them.

Sometimes the decision that is best for them is to switch to formula BUT to not even give it a go for such a superficial reason, is in my opinion, ridiculous.

And, I will say again, how can a mother be SURE that she will not be comfortable with it, unless she gives it a go. Surely she owes her child that much?

Of course it's your body/your decision etc. but perhaps people should be a little more concerned with the baby's rights instead of their own.

For those of you who say I am criticising those who are just 'trying to do the best for their babies' - please explain to mne how a mother who does not try BFing because she doesn't like the idea is trying to do the best for her baby??

:dohh:

I could have sworn this thread is called "Why did you choose formula?" and not "Tell me why I should breastfeed"

Because it is HER baby and no one elses. Everyone parents differently and to be quite honest it is nothing to do with you how anyone else feeds their baby.
Now move on PLEASE.

Because it is HER baby and no one elses. Everyone parents differently and to be quite honest it is nothing to do with you how anyone else feeds their baby.
Now move on PLEASE.

Again, that doesn't actually answer any of my arguments. Of course it is her baby, that doesn't mean by default that she is acting in their best interests. :dohh:

I wish there was a way to block people who ruin these types of threads.

:grr:
Why isn't she? her baby is being fed, cared for, loved...

Now move on PLEASE.

Again, that doesn't actually answer any of my arguments. Of course it is her baby, that doesn't mean by default that she is acting in their best interests. :dohh:

At least that woman was honest in saying that's why she didn't want to do it. Just respect her decision and move on. You're not going to get any "good" answers that you'll agree with anyway.

Some people just aren't comfortable BFing? A happy mum makes a happy baby. Not BFing isn't selfish and it's not the end of the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->