Why do people disbelieve you when you say you can feel the baby?

honeybee2

Reaction score
And women are the worst!

A fellow lecturer (who's had two kids) keeps laughing at me when I say I can feel the baby move. I first felt it at 11 weeks.

She laughed and shook her head in the canteen yesterday and I had to stop myself from lashing out.

Bitch :haha:

Ha ha just had to laugh at that.
Some people are just ignorant. I wouldn't worry if she believes you or not she is narrow minded to disbelieve you.
I'm 9 weeks with second hope I feel mine at 11 weeks.

I had roll tongs at the ready! Need to rein my bitch in!!

I had roll tongs at the ready! Need to rein my bitch in!!
:haha:
I know, it drove me nuts in my last pregnancy. My nurse asked me when I went in to my 12 week appointment with LO, if I had felt the baby yet and I had. I asked her why they ask so early, because with my first I was well over 20 weeks before I felt her. she said "this is your FOURTH baby Audra, you should know by now what it feels like"... LMAO, and she's a medical professional so I tend to trust that they know more than some lady who's only had 2 children. some people are just arrogant and like to think they know everything. I just brush them off and go about my own business.

I felt my second around 11 or 12 weeks I think. I KNEW it was baby, I'd been pregnant before after all. MIL, who's a retired midwife refused to believe me and kept telling me it's gas. I don't get gas in my uterus!!! And it definitely wasn't, because the movements I felt slowly got stronger and moved up with my uterus until they were obvious kicks. There is not a doubt in my mind that what I felt was movements. This one I started feeling just before 11 weeks. Again, not a doubt in my mind. But this time I'm wise enough to only tell DH.

I felt mine at 11 weeks too.. I can feel stronger little kicks and movement now

With my son I felt him around 12 weeks. Everyone told me I was imagining it. Then during the 13th week I woke up on my back and I could see him poking out of my belly. I had a tennis ball sized lump protruding out of my stomach! You know you're body best and especially when you've already had a baby, it's actually quite easy to tell the difference between Baby and a brewing butt burp, LOL.
I hope I feel this beanie soon!! I swear I've felt shivers already a very times but it's still to early to say a definite.

Pay no attention she is just a horrid cow! When i was pregnant last yeat to of my friends were too, all on our 4th and all started feeling flutterings at about 9-10 weeks, one of the women was saying how upset she was as someone had been very rude to her and i told here we all know what we are doing by now, and frankly the more you have the earlier you feel them.

In other words, people are dicks and if she acts like this tell her you won't be sharing anything else with her as she obviously is not special enough to hear about your wonderful baby xxx

Because when it comes to pregnancy, everyone is suddenly an expert because of what they personally have experienced! :haha:

I have to say, I'm dubious by people who say they feel movement at like 8/9 weeks, but not at 11/12 weeks. Especially with second or more babies. I felt my first at 19 weeks and my second at 12. I never would have expected it that early, but I definitely felt those early flutters.

Unfortunately, there's nothing to stop idiotic people from pretending to know everything about what is going on in your own body, so maybe learn to grimace and shut the conversation down before it gets infuriating!

I am super jealous of you all feeling movements so early. I still can't feel anything and I'm 20 weeks :(

With my first I had an anterior placenta so I felt literally nothing until about 20 weeks so when I felt weird little movements around 12 weeks with my second I was telling myself i was crazy. It wasn't until a couple weeks later I realized I wasn't crazy and was indeed feeling those little flutters everyone talks about.

Because everyone else in the world knows how your pregnancy feels better than you do.. (or at least they are convinced they do)..

I've been feeling some odd things, doesn't feel like wind, but also have been convincing myself it's not that.. Won't even mention my wonderings to anyone else..

I think it's lovely and so special when anyone starts to feel their baby.

I felt my son from 9 weeks.

I *think* iv felt this one since about 9+5 but I'm nervous to admit it was the baby after my MMC in Jan, so I haven't told anyone yet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->