Why Do People Feel The Need To Comment On Bump Size?

Totally agree bobster, it's made me feel so much better reading the replies but so sorry that it seems such a common problem, I had a flabby belly before I started too and it's def not what you want to hear! Xxx

I have an 8 year old who finds it hilarious to shout "Hurry up Tubs!" or "C'mon Penguin/Pingu!" when I'm lagging behind. DH of course finds it also hilarious but I'm less than impressed!

I have to admit dh calls me his penguin! But I can take that cause I know he's only playing, he tells me my bump and me are beautiful too so i'll let him off lol xxxx

Yes I think they can get away with it as we know they are saying it fondly and don't think we're fat. My other half calls me 'fatty' on a daily basis now but I know he doesn't mean it and he's just trying to be funny (bless) . I would be heartbroken if a friend/work colleage called me that though lol

I try remind myself I've probably said similar stuff in the past to pregnant women, and only ever meant it in a nice or positive way, as in 'look at your huge bump what a fabulous thing you're doing growing a baby', but when I hear it from other people I assume they mean 'you're fat' which I'm sure they don't. I've been told so many times recently 'you look well' and always assume that's a nice way of saying fat too! People need to remember us girls are extra sensible right now! I'm sure you all look fabulous, I know we may not usually feel it, but I think all pregnant women look lovely! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->