Why Do People Feel The Need To Comment On Bump Size?

You look beautiful! I love your bump. That lady was just rude. I don't know why people feel the need to comment. I have the opposite problem, I'm not showing at all yet :( like, at all. Clothes all still fit, I wouldn't believe I was pregnant if I didn't see the ultrasound every month. People always say "oh there must be something wrong, are you eating enough? Are you exercising too much?" etc :p

You look beautiful! I love your bump. That lady was just rude. I don't know why people feel the need to comment. I have the opposite problem, I'm not showing at all yet :( like, at all. Clothes all still fit, I wouldn't believe I was pregnant if I didn't see the ultrasound every month. People always say "oh there must be something wrong, are you eating enough? Are you exercising too much?" etc :p

I was the same until I hit about 18 weeks :p

know how you feel and its awful im 26+5 and look huge and a friend keeps saying "are you sure theres only one in there" I hate it :growlmad: another person who I was just talking to thought I was ready to drop there and then

This was my bump at 22+5/6

Attachments

• 23 weeks.jpg
    23 weeks.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1
Thank you ladies, I was feeling quite down about it but you've all made me feel.so much better:) That's awful Belly Bean I think we'd know by now if there was more than one, honestly! I think we should have t shirts printed saying "if you've got nothing nice to say about me or my bump dont bother!" Lol, I actually would wear that:) xx
Noo what a beautiful bump, thank you for sharing xxxxx

Thank you ladies, I was feeling quite down about it but you've all made me feel.so much better:) That's awful Belly Bean I think we'd know by now if there was more than one, honestly! I think we should have t shirts printed saying "if you've got nothing nice to say about me or my bump dont bother!" Lol, I actually would wear that:) xx

I would so wear one as well

Or one that says something along the lines of "if you're going to comment about how big my bump is, prepare to have your face clawed off." :growlmad:

I haven't really had anyone comment on my bump howver DH always wants me to hold or rub my bump when we are out in public. I am like WTF do you think I look fat? It drives me crazy and I find myself trying to push it out more so it looks bigger. He says it is because I am in a in-between stage where it could just be a pot belly like some girls have. I keep telling him that is round and in the front not to mention I have maternity clothes on (long stretchy shirts). IDK maybe I don't look prengnant but he has me self councious of it.

Attachments

• 20130605_122559.jpg
    20130605_122559.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2
Oh you def look pregnant hunni! You can see it's round and all in front, no way at all do you look like you have a pot belly! :) xxxx

Oh you def look pregnant hunni! You can see it's round and all in front, no way at all do you look like you have a pot belly! :) xxxx

Thank you, now only if I could get DH to believe that lol!

I completely understand hun I had the same problem last week and got so upset about it! big hugs I bet you look fantastic! xx

just seen your pic hun you look fantastic! x

I think people really do just feel the need to say whatever stupid comment comes into their head first. So many times now I've been told my bump is huge or too small, several times in the same day whilst wearing the same clothes, sometimes by people who've never been pregnant and didn't even have any idea how far along I was!! I try to ignore it now as I know my midwife isn't concerned and baby is measuring fine, but it's hard not to take it to heart sometimes. I know I'm carrying a baby and need to put on weight, but it's still hard sometimes to feel you're putting on weight and people comment.

My DH is the worst, he thinks it's hilarious to tell me I look like a fat man!! And one of me colleagues said they bumped into my DH who told them I'll probably never get back in my uniform, not what a girl wants to hear from the guy who should be most supportive.

Hope this thread helps sams, it's def made me feel better, so sorry you were upset too, hope you're ok now xxxxx

Oh no bubbles that's def not what you want to hear! I Honestly never expected so many replies so there must be so many ignorant people about as so many of you ladies have had the same experience! Xxxx

Thanks for this thread. I've been feeling exactly the same as everyone else. I've always had a flabby belly but people now keep saying comments like 'are you sure its not twins' and 'you're so huge' - It making me feel very insecure about my bump and feel like it must be too big for my stage. I started getting a bump very early but maybe it was just pushed out faster as I carry my weight there anyway.

Anyway as someone else has already said I'm sure that woman didn't mean to offend you and perhaps she just wasn't thinking at the time or perhaps she's insecure about herself.

We all have babies growing inside us which is bloody marvelous so sod them all I say. I'm glad others are feeling the same as me though.

I think people really do just feel the need to say whatever stupid comment comes into their head first. So many times now I've been told my bump is huge or too small, several times in the same day whilst wearing the same clothes, sometimes by people who've never been pregnant and didn't even have any idea how far along I was!! I try to ignore it now as I know my midwife isn't concerned and baby is measuring fine, but it's hard not to take it to heart sometimes. I know I'm carrying a baby and need to put on weight, but it's still hard sometimes to feel you're putting on weight and people comment.

My DH is the worst, he thinks it's hilarious to tell me I look like a fat man!! And one of me colleagues said they bumped into my DH who told them I'll probably never get back in my uniform, not what a girl wants to hear from the guy who should be most supportive.

Glad I am no the only one with a DH that thinks it's funny to make fun of the way I look. He thinks he is just messing around and usually it wouldn't bother me but with all these damn hormones and crap I just want to cry when he says things like, rub your belly when we are out, and calls me pudgy and other things like that. I know he is only kidding around but not in the kidding mood right now while I feel like a whale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->