Why do people keep telling me to let her cry!?!?!?!?

Eve

Reaction score
I don't understand! I don't want to let her cry! I don't care if I have to feed her half the day, or snuggle half the day! I don't care if I don't get a chance to get my housework ALL done! It's my job as a mother to take care of my children and letting her scream while I paint my effin toenails isn't right! Grrrrrrrrrr!

I feel a little better now :blush:

My brother started it with telling me there was a difference between letting them cry and raising them right! He said letting Kayleigh cry was better than finishing dinner after she was fed! I don't mind getting up mid dinner if she is crying...some people do, I don't. I don't understand! I am happy with what I am doing and if I didn't want to I wouldn't. I didn't have a baby just for fun and I will always put my child's needs before my own, I just will. My mother is now starting in on me about Kayleigh! My god, she is a good baby! She is starting to fall asleep on her own (no crying or anything :D :D :D ) and she sleeps through the night, she is a happy baby most days. They seem to see her when she is teething or having an off day, so I tend to hold her more. I still have lots of time for my other child, even on her off days. I just get so mad when people tell me to let her cry it out, or oh just leave her a while! She is my baby and I will do what she wants/needs!

Rant over... I think :rofl:

Because people are stupid and they want their children to be quiet all of the time so they can have the same life they had before they were parents.

I never left Caitlyn to cry and she is the most lovely little girl, if I do say so myself :cloud9:

Oh yes, always seem to be sticking their noses where it doesn't belong! I mean come on! Same as give them cereal....?! Kayleigh hasn't had any solids yet and even though it's cute to see, I don't want to push her into it. Some babies are ready for it before 6 months, but she is doing fine without! I keep having people tell me she needs it... she is hungry etc...! She eats every 2-3 hours during the day and sleeps through the night. She doesn't seem hungry LOL I am also having ppl comment on how she is still in our room. She is in her own crib but I don't want her all by herself in her room yet. We are going to start putting her in her room for naps in a playpen to slowly get her used to being in there, but I am in no rush to put her in there "just because"! I am going to do what I want to do, and what Kayleigh wants/needs and that's that! lol

Well... Rant wasn't over :blush: hehe

I was constantly told too also :nope: I refused until she was about 14-15 months cant remember because i knew she knew what bedtime was and no matter how many times i would go in she would just cry :nope: It was right at the time but still nasty :cry:

hahaha leyla was in my room right next to my bed until 2 weeks ago!!! she only moved into her own room cos i wanted to get her used to it before the new baby arrived and she was kicked out lol...they would have a field day with me lmfao

x

hahaha leyla was in my room right next to my bed until 2 weeks ago!!! she only moved into her own room cos i wanted to get her used to it before the new baby arrived and she was kicked out lol...they would have a field day with me lmfao

x

hahahahahahaha! :rofl: I could see me having Kayleigh in our room even when her nursery is finished and Jake is upstairs hehe :p

I don't let Edward cry either. He sleeps in our bed too :lol:

OT but I will sponsor you. My nan died from ovarian cancer :( xx

Caitlyn left my bed at 16 months, slept next to my bed until 22 months when SHE was ready to go into her own room.

You go girl!! We're all behind you ;)
I never leave George to cry either and we get so many compliments about what a lovely, happy bubba he is.
He sleeps in our bed too (although sometimes - like now, he sleeps in his Moses basket for the first bit).

I am so totally attached to George, which is how I think it should be. He's my lil' boy, same as Kayleigh is your baby girl. Why would you listen to anyone else??

Oooh, I'd recommend reading Dr Sears book 'Attachment Parenting' - it's really empowering xxxx

Tabs slept in my bed until she was only 4 months and she wanted to get out :cry: then she went into a cot that joined onto the bed but only lasted a month and she went into her room :cry: It was so sad she HATES sleeping near us :dohh: If she wakes in the night screaming she wont even snuggle and sleep with me :nope: Miss independant my girly.

I have never let Caine cry and get hassle from everyone about him sleeping in my bed which he has done since birth :D

Ignore them all xx

I never leave Carmen to cry. :shrug: She sleeps in her own bed (light sleeper she is, wakes up every time I move if we co-sleep!) but is rocked and fed to sleep every single night. Sometimes she'll "self-settle" for naps, but her naps aren't scheduled and occasionally she'll just drop off when she's in her swing.

Stay strong hun, don't let people push you around! :) You know what's best for your little one and you're a great mom!

I don't let Edward cry either. He sleeps in our bed too :lol:

OT but I will sponsor you. My nan died from ovarian cancer :( xx

hehe :) I feel bad when Kayleigh is in her crib in our room.... I am always looking at her and I bring her into bed with me in the mornings sometimes and snuggle, and I love it sooooooo much!

Thank you :) Jake is shaving his head on August 28th and the walk is September 12th. We are all excited! Thank you and bless your nan :(

You go girl!! We're all behind you ;)
I never leave George to cry either and we get so many compliments about what a lovely, happy bubba he is.
He sleeps in our bed too (although sometimes - like now, he sleeps in his Moses basket for the first bit).

I am so totally attached to George, which is how I think it should be. He's my lil' boy, same as Kayleigh is your baby girl. Why would you listen to anyone else??

Oooh, I'd recommend reading Dr Sears book 'Attachment Parenting' - it's really empowering xxxx

:D I couldn't watch her cry... or stand to hear it, I feel so bad when she fusses as I change her bum sometimes when she is tired :( lol
Thanks! :) I shall check it out!

I never leave Carmen to cry. :shrug: She sleeps in her own bed (light sleeper she is, wakes up every time I move if we co-sleep!) but is rocked and fed to sleep every single night. Sometimes she'll "self-settle" for naps, but her naps aren't scheduled and occasionally she'll just drop off when she's in her swing.

Stay strong hun, don't let people push you around! :) You know what's best for your little one and you're a great mom!

Thanks hun! I just hate getting ragged on all the time :( It really gets to me after a while and its so nice to have support on here! :D

I've had this 'advice' since W was about 4 months old and started fighting sleep like mad. A lot of hard work and aching back from leaning over the cot stroking him now means he doesn't need half as much help getting to sleep now (but a BF when OT or unwell is still a useful tool!) and I'm proud that he's learning the art of falling asleep and not being left to cry.

As the OP said, I would rather eat my dinner soggy/cold/congealed than leave him to cry so I could eat first! He's my son and he will always come first.

Same! I can't do it... :( I had such a bad afternoon... poor girl hasn't eaten since like 11am and it's now 4:30... she has been sleeping for an hour. She cried and cried and I tried to feed her, changed her, rocked her, snuggled her, no fever no nothing :( I put her in her stroller and bouncer her in the bathroom with the shower going to get the poor thing to fall asleep and now I don't dare wake her! I sure hope it's her teeth... worries me! It was agony though, hearing her cry and I couldn't colsole her... it was the first time since she has been born she cried like that! Ugh.... :(

I've never left Liam to cry on purpose. Sometimes I'm busy doing something that I can't stop and he has to wait a little bit but that's all. How are you supposed to enjoy your dinner if your baby is screaming its lungs out next to you anyway?

I could never just leave my son to cry :( xx

:hugs:

I dont let my girls cry, they would have a feild day on me, I put them to bed in their own bedroom (they share) in their own beds, but by 4am when OH leaves for work they are both snuggled in with me, and I love it. And Indie co-slept totally until about a month before Lylah was due
They are both tucked up in bed by 8pm and I have never left them to cry, I dont see the harm in it. No one understands why I do it but hey thats their problem. Do what makes you and your baby happy hun and sod everyone else xx

who cares what people say! stick to what you want and they can shove their opinions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->