Why do silly things like this make me feel bad??

lau86

Reaction score
This incident bothered me but really I have no idea why as it's so trivial...
Today I took the boys for a walk, just round the block. We passed some kids doing a dance on their lawn I just smiled and walked past. Then the kids shouted at me 'were trying to make some money', I turned back and said oh ok I didn't even realise! Not thinking much of it tbh. I gave them 40p or something and off I went. The next thing one of the kids catches up with me and says I need to give you the money back. I said its ok I don't need it sort of thing. I could see what I think was their mum standing at the end of the drive watching us. So I took the money and carried on.
I don't know what bothered me about it... Whether the mum thought I was some weirdo giving her kids money, whether she wanted to teach them a lesson or what.

I expect she thought they were being cheeky asking you for money and making sure they gave it back.

I'd say she'd given then a telling off and they were sent never to you.. If she thought you were a weirdo she'd have been over herself ;)

I'd say she's seen the kids 'ask' for money and made them give it back. You shouldn't feel bad :)

I agree with the others, the mum will have told her kids off for being cheeky and asking for money and sent them to give it back, if she thought you were a weirdo she'd definitely have said something rather than send her child to you!
I'm the same, the silliest things bother me and I feel embarassed about them or think about them for ages!

I agree, the mum must have told them off for being cheeky and taking your money.

I agree, definitely a mum telling her children off for asking money off strangers. I'd be quite embarrassed if that was my girls!

Yep I agree because I would do the same! I'd be mortified if my kids grew up and were asking for money in the street lol :haha: even if it was a bit of fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->