Why do symptoms come and go?

MrsGax

Reaction score
Sorry if this topic is already brought up all the time, but I just want some reassurance. So I am pregnant (only 5 weeks 3/4 days) and my symptoms are just not consistent. At all. UGH. I have had 2 prior MMC and I never have had any symptoms besides slightly sore nipples. This time, I have had period like cramps since before missed period, *some* nausea that was way worse BEFORE my missed period, *slightly* sore boobs, nipples are barely sore, a sick to my throat feeling (that I no longer have), and constipation. But they are so minimal that I almost feel 100% normal! I am a little more tired than usual and sleep about 10 hours per night since before BFP, but that is it. I just want to be vomiting! Or constantly nauseated... Or boobs so painful that I cry when I touch my nipples to my towel. Just so that I have reassurance! UGH.

I just want every single symptom to tell me that the baby is FINALLY growing like it should. Please pray for us. Out of all my pregnancies, THIS ONE is the one that I want the most. I, of course, wanted the 2 before this one... but I just sort of feel like this is the one or else there really is an underlying issue that they have not tested for yet. I am literally in tears with worry. I am still so sad about my twins. And even the first one. I just want our rainbow baby. I used to say I wanted a girl, now I just do not care. I want HEALTHY. Please pray for my sanity. I have no told anyone in my life, so I have no one to vent to. I just wish I could sleep the entire first trimester and wake up and be in 2nd already. Some women LOVE pregnancy. I just wish that was me. I feel robbed of the joys. Then it makes me feel like I am not having enough faith. UGH. :cry:

I think symptoms fluctuate because everything is fluctuating. Your hormones are all fluctuating, and so many things are happening in our bodies all at once while it grows a baby and makes a home for it. It varies from pregnancy to pregnancy and woman to woman how much we feel symptoms - some women never feel different at all and others have 9 months of horrid m/s. Our hormones raise and lower depending on the time of day too - my boobs are always more sore in the morning than they are at night.

Hugs mama - I have been stressed for weeks and weeks due to complications and it's hard. But I wouldn't wish for solid unrelenting symptoms - when I get them I just want them gone! :haha: Symptoms don't necessarily mean all is well either - all we can do is just wait and hope all goes well - and think positive in the meantime. :hugs:

I just wanted to tell you you're not alone, my symptoms have been coming and going too. (I also had a MMC this year so I know how devastating that can be and how it can warp your thoughts and increase anxiety during a subsequent pregnancy) I have heard many women don't even get a lot of symptoms until 6-7 weeks. When I was pregnant with my son I got hit hard with symptoms around 6-7-8 weeks but didn't feel much before that, so there's still time to experience those, just gotta stay calm and hope for the best.

I have had nipple pain (I'm still nursing my son), exhaustion, a lot of peeing. Little feelings of queasiness here and there. Yesterday my nipple pain seemed lessened and I got incredibly sad. I feel depressed and anxious most of the time because I worry about symptoms I'm having or symptoms I'm not having. My doctor's office sucks and will do nothing to relieve my anxiety I'm having, not even a blood test to check my numbers (because they think it's not necessary) until my scan which isn't for a month or so. Meanwhile I am going crazy.

Having a MMC definitely makes this whole first trimester thing scary as hell. It was my worst nightmare to have a MMC, but it happened and now I gotta move on and just TRY to have faith. I'm also around five weeks. Hang in there. All we can do is wait and remember not EVERYONE has a lot of symptoms either and that a lot of symptoms does not automatically mean everything is going well, just like a reduced amount of them doesn't mean something is wrong.

hey hun,

Im in the same boat as you.

Im 6w5d and not feeling very much at all. Ive had some bouts of nausea in the morning or evening, somehwhat sensitive nipples, bloating, tired but now, blaoting is gone, nausea is mostly gone, nipples feel fine too. Im super nervous as well and wish I could have an answer asap but I too have to wait a while before my first scan. Im not having any blood or cramping so thats one good thing. Ive had a miscarriage before, started bleeding at 9 weeks and scan showed baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks. I remember not having many symptoms then too. Just hoping this bean is growing as it should and that there will be a heartbeat.

good luck to you hun. oxoxoxo

I think symptoms fluctuate because everything is fluctuating. Your hormones are all fluctuating, and so many things are happening in our bodies all at once while it grows a baby and makes a home for it. It varies from pregnancy to pregnancy and woman to woman how much we feel symptoms - some women never feel different at all and others have 9 months of horrid m/s. Our hormones raise and lower depending on the time of day too - my boobs are always more sore in the morning than they are at night.

Hugs mama - I have been stressed for weeks and weeks due to complications and it's hard. But I wouldn't wish for solid unrelenting symptoms - when I get them I just want them gone! :haha: Symptoms don't necessarily mean all is well either - all we can do is just wait and hope all goes well - and think positive in the meantime. :hugs:

I am sorry that you have been stressed too! It really is sad to feel this way during pregnancy :( and I know, I really do not actually want severe symptoms, but when I have none, I wish for the extreme lol. And you are right, symptoms do not mean that everythign is good as some have had extreme symptoms and still went on to MC. I will think positive... as much as I can! Thank you for the response.

I just wanted to tell you you're not alone, my symptoms have been coming and going too. (I also had a MMC this year so I know how devastating that can be and how it can warp your thoughts and increase anxiety during a subsequent pregnancy) I have heard many women don't even get a lot of symptoms until 6-7 weeks. When I was pregnant with my son I got hit hard with symptoms around 6-7-8 weeks but didn't feel much before that, so there's still time to experience those, just gotta stay calm and hope for the best.

I have had nipple pain (I'm still nursing my son), exhaustion, a lot of peeing. Little feelings of queasiness here and there. Yesterday my nipple pain seemed lessened and I got incredibly sad. I feel depressed and anxious most of the time because I worry about symptoms I'm having or symptoms I'm not having. My doctor's office sucks and will do nothing to relieve my anxiety I'm having, not even a blood test to check my numbers (because they think it's not necessary) until my scan which isn't for a month or so. Meanwhile I am going crazy.

Having a MMC definitely makes this whole first trimester thing scary as hell. It was my worst nightmare to have a MMC, but it happened and now I gotta move on and just TRY to have faith. I'm also around five weeks. Hang in there. All we can do is wait and remember not EVERYONE has a lot of symptoms either and that a lot of symptoms does not automatically mean everything is going well, just like a reduced amount of them doesn't mean something is wrong.

I am so sorry about your MMC :( It is so sad to go through. I know it all too well. I hope I get at least a little stronger symptoms in a week or so... I will be happy! I am sorry your Drs office is being that way. Why won't they do anything? I think it is not fair to do that. My dr will do something, she offered to give me an US next week, but I declined as I want to get past 9 ish weeks first. I will be praying for both of us. We will have our rainbows in May!!! :hugs:

hey hun,

Im in the same boat as you.

Im 6w5d and not feeling very much at all. Ive had some bouts of nausea in the morning or evening, somehwhat sensitive nipples, bloating, tired but now, blaoting is gone, nausea is mostly gone, nipples feel fine too. Im super nervous as well and wish I could have an answer asap but I too have to wait a while before my first scan. Im not having any blood or cramping so thats one good thing. Ive had a miscarriage before, started bleeding at 9 weeks and scan showed baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks. I remember not having many symptoms then too. Just hoping this bean is growing as it should and that there will be a heartbeat.

good luck to you hun. oxoxoxo

I am def sending you positive and happy thoughts! MC sucks, it is supposed to be such a happy time and all we can do is think the worst from our previous experiences. When do you go for your first scan? My symptoms are very fluctuating as well... My boobs did not hurt one bit this AM, and now they are sore. I just wish it was consistant. Big hugs to you, lets stay positive (I need to learn to follow my own words) lol. :flower:

yep we need to stay positive lol easier said than done though :p

I have my first appointment on oct 15th but dont think he will be doing a scan then, not supposed to get one until 12 weeks, which is end of october :( maybe I will beg him to at least do the doppler on me, should be good to find heartbeat since I will be 10 weeks.

hugs to you too, we'll keep eachother posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->