Why does my breasts not spray milk? When i pump, milk beads only

monte3375

Reaction score
Spray comes from one spot and isnt tons. I can generally only pump 2 oz per breast.

This happens to me too. Occasionally I get a spray, but it is very inconsistent. Thanks for posting this. I hope someone can help. Sorry I can't. Lucky you on your 2 oz per breast. I have one super boob that will sometimes give 2, the other I'm lucky to get 1.

Do your breasts spray when you're nursing? Some people just don't spray. As for the 2 ounces, that's normal.

Mine have never leaked or sprayed and I've never gotten much pumping either. I did bf DD for 22 mths and DS is 15mths and still going strong. He's an absolute monster too, the HV said he was the fastest gaining bf baby she'd ever seen and if he'd been ff she'd have thought he was being overfed. So what I'm saying is that spraying or pumping doesn't give a gauge of what baby is getting :flower:

I spray all the time yet when pumping struggle to get 1oz from both sides combined. My son has gained 2lb in 4 weeks so is gaining perfectly fine, pumping/spraying/leaking aren't indicators of supply xx

Not sure how old everyone's LOs are but I didn't get nearly the quantity the first month or so of pumping that I get now. I started pumping when LO was about 2 weeks old and would struggle to get an ounce or two. Now I consistantly get 4 oz combined during a regular session (this is while I'm at work so she hasn't fed from either side) and often 6-7oz combined after her first morning feed.

I have five boys and have never got out more than 2oz in a single session most of the time. The average is 0.5-1oz per session.There have been very rare occasions where I have got out 3-4oz but this tends to be in the first few weeks. It's the same regardless of what type or brand of pump I use and I have tried many including hospital grade pumps. If I pump daily it does eventually increase the average amount I can pump but very very slowly. The weird thing is I have an oversupply three of mine gained well above average amounts of weight and all of mine have had 2x the expected number of wet and dirty nappies xx

0.5oz-2oz is a normal amount of milk to produce for pumping each session OR even just through out the whole day... between 6 weeks and 3 months you milk will regulate, and the power behind your milk coming out decreases. Not everyone has forceful milk let down either. SO I would say its just normal for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->