Why does the waiting get harder at the end??

Sams123

Reaction score
2 days til due date, and it feels like an eternity, it feels worse than it did when there was 2 months to go! It's all I can think of and the waiting it killing me! I know baby will come in his/her own time and I know that I only have a maximum of just over 2 weeks if I go over my due date but I am so restless and impatient!!! Keep crying and I am so bored and uncomfortable! :cry: sorry for ranting ladies I feel like its all I do on here at the minute but just can't help it! Twice weekly consultant appointments now due to raised bp that has now settled, and every time I go they just say "see you in 3 days for another review" and this is making things drag even more!!! X

Aaahh I just think it's one of those things you just really ready for it to happen now, like when people say it's so close (your duedate is only 2 days away) but yet feels so far away (because really baby could make you go over due and that's another 2 weeks) it's totally natural, I too am due soon and can't wait for it to just Happen! Lol I feel I'm going to be overdue as I'm due tomorrow and don't feel like labour is any closer but at my appointment on Monday I'm going to ask for a cervical check I feel like I NEED to know something's happening! Lol don't worry this baby waiting WILL be over soon..xx

Lol thanks hun, it's nice to know I'm not alone feeling like this! I have a sweep booked for Tuesday at 40+1 and hoping they will tell me then about how my cervix is doing haha! Can't believe after 9 months of waiting he/she is almost here but just feels so so far away still! And I am such a control freak the not knowing when it will happen makes it even worse haha! X

Aaahh don't worry. Definatley the not knowing makes it worse if only baby's came on their duedate lol....oohh GoodLuck with the sweep on Tuesday hopefully it starts you off, I had one my last pregnancy on my duedate and was in labour a few hours later that same day..xx

I feel the same xxxx I'm due today, it's mainly the chronic hb that's getting me down, I'm due today and no signs yet! I've got a sweep booked for 41 weeks and I have a feeling I will be having it! Xxx

Aaahh don't worry. Definatley the not knowing makes it worse if only baby's came on their duedate lol....oohh GoodLuck with the sweep on Tuesday hopefully it starts you off, I had one my last pregnancy on my duedate and was in labour a few hours later that same day..xx

Ooh fingers crossed mine sets off labour then, that would be great!!! I'm a bit worried about having one done haha I know labour is going to hurt like hell so not sure why I'm worried about the sweep haha! Xx

I feel the same xxxx I'm due today, it's mainly the chronic hb that's getting me down, I'm due today and no signs yet! I've got a sweep booked for 41 weeks and I have a feeling I will be having it! Xxx

It's so frustrating isn't it lol? Despite knowing it could be any time I feel like I am waiting for some signs haha! Xx

I hate the not knowing! If only we could know exactly when cause it's anyone's guess otherwise! Ah well I guess they are on their own schedule:) xxx

Haha I know, if we knew the exact date baby would be here I think it would make it more bearable! Even if it was 10 days away etc it would make it easier I think! Lol x

When I got mine done it didn't hurt was a bit uncomfy but I think that was because I had a mw who had fat fingers do mine lol and she kept trying to put more fingers in! I actually thought she was going to attempt to put her whole hand in and asked her to stop lol but if she didn't do that I'm sure it would of been less uncomfy...And straight after I felt really crampy...labour does hurt but nothing us ladies can't handle :) although at the time we think we can't, I'm going to ask for a sweep at 41weeks if baby hasn't arrived yet..x

When I got mine done it didn't hurt was a bit uncomfy but I think that was because I had a mw who had fat fingers do mine lol and she kept trying to put more fingers in! I actually thought she was going to attempt to put her whole hand in and asked her to stop lol but if she didn't do that I'm sure it would of been less uncomfy...And straight after I felt really crampy...labour does hurt but nothing us ladies can't handle :) although at the time we think we can't, I'm going to ask for a sweep at 41weeks if baby hasn't arrived yet..x

Haha thank you, my mum is coming with me as hubby is working and then we were planning on going out for the day but if I'm cramping it might not be a good idea haha! We will see what happens, roll on Tuesday now lol x

Have to admit I'm nervous of having a sweep just cause I've never had one and I've heard good and bad experiences on here. Just the thought of how it's done does turn my stomach a bit I have to admit! But I'll try anything not to have to be induced this time as my last labour I was and I really hope to avoid that this time xx

Yes although I am not looking forward to having a sweep I hope it gets labour going! I also know the hospital staff so am a bit worried about looking like a wuss n front of them if it hurts hahaha! X

I think it's because the only "target" we have to aim for is baby :haha: When we first find out, we want to get to second tri where you feel more safe, once you're there there's V day, then you get to look forward to third tri. Once you're third you look forward to being term, once you're term there's only your due date to look forward to and knowing that you can/probably will go over it is too much. It's not a definite date like everything else.

Also I think the fact that by the time you're this point you're shattered, can't sleep properly, uncomfortable 99% of the time and just want baby out. That certainly doesn't help :haha:

I think it's because the only "target" we have to aim for is baby :haha: When we first find out, we want to get to second tri where you feel more safe, once you're there there's V day, then you get to look forward to third tri. Once you're third you look forward to being term, once you're term there's only your due date to look forward to and knowing that you can/probably will go over it is too much. It's not a definite date like everything else.

Also I think the fact that by the time you're this point you're shattered, can't sleep properly, uncomfortable 99% of the time and just want baby out. That certainly doesn't help :haha:

Haha this is so true! Come on baby hurry up and get out! I think hubby is quite happy for me to go over as he has loads of work to do next week haha! X

Haha this is so true! Come on baby hurry up and get out! I think hubby is quite happy for me to go over as he has loads of work to do next week haha! X

Hubby is thankfully in the same boat as me and we both want baby out :haha: he's away atm but back tomorrow and I will be trying anything and everything. So fed up with constant heartburn and only being comfortable on my birthing ball. Damnit I want to recline on the couch!!

Haha! I have tried pineapple, raspberry leaf tea, hot curry, bouncing on ball for hours, sex, running up and down stairs, star jumps, and nothing at all has worked haha! I haven't tried castor oil as I hear it can cause meconium so I am avoiding it! Think this baby is waiting until Christmas haha! X

Read some baby books, make and freeze some meals for those first days with baby, do some deep cleaning or organizing in the house (if body allows it), do some pampering for yourself (bubble bath, pedicure).

D day will be here before you know it. :)

Omg! I hear you, I am 39 weeks tomorrow! My spd flared up 3 weeks ago I can hardly walk-now my right shoulder blade is killing me! Argh! Not to mention I feel sick, constant braxton hicks period cramps and major rib cage pain under boobs! Plus the runs and lots of discharge for weeks now! Err I hear u-rant rant. The worst bit though is I am trying to look after my 11 month old! I feel like ive been pregnant 4eva! I guess 11weeks between giving birth and getting preg again i have brought it on myself! But please please hurry up I wana move forward! Come on out baby girl your baby brother wants to meet u!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->