why don't men understand pregnancy?

Rainbow gems

Reaction score
IM 9+2 with my second (my first i had no symptoms at all) this time in really feeling it already, i want to be in bed by 10pm sleeping and now and again i get MS that i literally can't move but OH is thinking im exaggerating and telling me to stop being boring,

seriously why is it men can't understand how much our bodies have changed already and are still changing no matter how early in pregnancy

regardless OH has not told his mother yet.... Which he is so close to if he doesn't tell her soon she's going to be upset that she wasn't told before we have our scan

I'm lucky my hubby is fairly sympathetic, waits on me, let's me have naps etc this is our 4th so maybe he's learnt and also I haven't really a choice but to get on with things when he's not here with 3 others to look after. However men will never really get it they have no idea what it's like to have a little being take over your body and make you feel rotten. And how your whole life has to change. You should tell him in no uncertain terms you should be taking it easy. You are growing a person. :winkwink: and that can be really hard!

I totally understand how you feel my df says im lazy and dont do anything. He is always talking about how much i eat and everything. We spent 20 cycles after a loss making this baby and he has not once seemed happy or excited. I really am questioning of we will even be together by the time the baby arrives which breaks my heart. I dont knw what to do i really hope your OH starts being nicer and makes a effort to know how your feeling

He told you to stop being BORING?!
I'm probably overstepping my bounds when I tell you that sort of talk is worthy of being punched in the junk. Repeatedly.

My husband understands somewhat. He's been through this before so he's understanding that it's a huge undertaking and one that brings sooo many physical and emotional changes. I'm really lucky to have him. However sometimes I wish that he could feel what I feel.

I was wondering the same thing. My OH just does not get it. This is my second but his first.

I'm quite lucky as my husband is fab. Constantly checking I'm ok, can he do anything for me etc. the only thing he doesn't get is the amount of pressure I feel carrying this baby we never thought would happen. He would never blame me if something went wrong so doesn't get why I'm so harsh on myself!!

Someone did a post on here the other day about their husband not understanding so she wrote it all down for him and said it got through miles better

Xxx

Mine is actually really understanding. This is my 5th pregnancy though and he knows how tired I was with the others. I'm actually much more tired in the first tri than I was with my boys though(with them it hit me about 16 weeks).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->